Hot Deals

[Costco] Philips Sonicare Series 2 Plaque Control Rechargeable Toothbrush 2 Pack- $89.99 ($50 off)

[OP]
Oct 28, 2005
338 posts
116 upvotes

[Costco] Philips Sonicare Series 2 Plaque Control Rechargeable Toothbrush 2 Pack- $89.99 ($50 off)

Features:
Better plaque removal to help reduce cavities
Removes up to 6x more plaque than a manual toothbrush
Better cleaning in hard-to-reach areas than a manual brush
2 x sonicare 2 series handle
2 x brush head
2 x charger

Bonus:
2 x travel case
2 x brush head
21 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10801 posts
3517 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
1. Be aware that S2 uses a NiMH battery while S3 uses Li-Ion. The main issue with NiMH is that it's old technology that doesn't last as long, either per charge or total life, compared to Li-Ion. That doesn't make this a bad deal but it's something to consider, especially considering that WalMart was selling S3 for $25/each just a few days ago. With Christmas coming there are likely to be similar or even better deals coming RSN.

2. You can get a $20 off coupon at WalMart on p90 of their LiveBetter magazine. You may also be able to get a similar coupon on shelves at SDM. Unfortunately AFAIK Costco doesn't accept manufacturers' coupons as policy.

See [Walmart] Hot! Philips Series 3 Toothbrush $24.96 after $20 coupon about the expired deal and where to find coupons.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 29, 2010
30 posts
14 upvotes
Vaughan
Just a heads up - I did some digging on these brushes, and the Kids model is basically the Diamond model motor in a simplified housing (which makes it better than most of the other models in between, and much more cost effective.) The kids model can be had on sale for $29-39 pretty regularly (I once got one for $12, MSRP is closer to $59), and depending on the retailer in Ontario, you can also save 8% of the HST because it's for kids.

Basically, if you're looking to try this out without spending $200+ on the highest end version, buy the kids brush. Sticker application is optional.
Nov 15, 2003
933 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
pdipps wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:29 am
Just a heads up - I did some digging on these brushes, and the Kids model is basically the Diamond model motor in a simplified housing (which makes it better than most of the other models in between, and much more cost effective.) The kids model can be had on sale for $29-39 pretty regularly (I once got one for $12, MSRP is closer to $59), and depending on the retailer in Ontario, you can also save 8% of the HST because it's for kids.

Basically, if you're looking to try this out without spending $200+ on the highest end version, buy the kids brush. Sticker application is optional.
This is a good tip. My SoniCare battery died in less than 3 years a few days ago? Might pick up the kids version!

Just curious, how do you know it's the same motor as the Diamond?
Dec 19, 2012
97 posts
37 upvotes
Any cheaper recommendations for brush heads please.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10801 posts
3517 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
pdipps wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:29 am
Good find! Apart from the BT app, I doubt it's a Diamond Clean inside. But since it has a Li-Ion battery it's at least a S3. Good deal if you can find one on sale and apply a $20 coupon, etc.
ibtisamq wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:36 am
Any cheaper recommendations for brush heads please.
Normally Costco sells heads for ~$50 for a 5-pack. But they're not currently showing on their website. If you can buy in the US, amazon.com sells genuine Philips heads for as little as US$6/head.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 29, 2010
30 posts
14 upvotes
Vaughan
Found it online somewhere.

I didn't believe it.

Went to one of those display stations and tried them. It's pretty obvious. Almost all the low-mid range ones are really tame.
Sep 29, 2010
30 posts
14 upvotes
Vaughan
bylo wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:05 am
Good find! Apart from the BT app, I doubt it's a Diamond Clean inside. But since it has a Li-Ion battery it's at least a S3. Good deal if you can find one on sale and apply a $20 coupon, etc.
That's what I read - and by the feel, it felt roughly the same. I think the vibrations/min line up and it's built as sturdy. IIRC, DC just has less modes/bells & whistles.

I think the biggest difference is the brush heads - the Diamond Clean are more elaborate (but honestly, if you brush well regularly, I doubt it's going to make enough of a difference to be worthwhile). If you want, you can buy/attach the DC brushes.

More importantly, it's better than most of the mid-range adult brushes, and less than half the cost.
Apr 8, 2006
742 posts
155 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:15 am
1. Be aware that S2 uses a NiMH battery while S3 uses Li-Ion. The main issue with NiMH is that it's old technology that doesn't last as long, either per charge or total life, compared to Li-Ion. That doesn't make this a bad deal but it's something to consider, especially considering that WalMart was selling S3 for $25/each just a few days ago. With Christmas coming there are likely to be similar or even better deals coming RSN.

2. You can get a $20 off coupon at WalMart on p90 of their LiveBetter magazine. You may also be able to get a similar coupon on shelves at SDM. Unfortunately AFAIK Costco doesn't accept manufacturers' coupons as policy.

See [Walmart] Hot! Philips Series 3 Toothbrush $24.96 after $20 coupon about the expired deal and where to find coupons.
My s2 last for months without charging so I think the battery is pretty good as is. If it's lithium ion it's even better. I only charge it when the light flash.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
2094 posts
221 upvotes
London
Best Buy had Philips Sonicare Series 2 on sale for $39.99 during Black Friday...
No membership required, 3% cash back from Ebates, seems better deal IMO.

[Walmart] Philips Series 2 & 3 Toothbrush $24.96 after $20 coupon is the hottest deal if you can find stock in-store...
Last edited by hardywang on Dec 1st, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10801 posts
3517 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
xpressmerchant wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:08 pm
My s2 last for months without charging so I think the battery is pretty good as is. If it's lithium ion it's even better. I only charge it when the light flash.
Months? How often do you use it?

Sonicares generally last 10 days to 3 weeks on a single charge when used by one person twice a day.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 8, 2006
742 posts
155 upvotes
i use it twice a day. I go cleaning every six months and my teeth are good. I think the key is charge it only when it flash.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10801 posts
3517 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
xpressmerchant wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 2:24 pm
I think the key is charge it only when it flash.
That's what I do as well. I've never gotten even 1 month from a single charge.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 8, 2006
742 posts
155 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 3:04 pm
That's what I do as well. I've never gotten even 1 month from a single charge.
How long between charge do you get? You must brush for a long time. I brush for 2 min max lol.