• Jun 8th, 2017 2:47 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
3625 posts
464 upvotes
Kitchener
teemaxx wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:00 pm
Hopefully someone can post a link to a seller that they've successfully purchased from, I'm in the market for a new Oral-B head but can't afford $10 each.
pretty sure oral b heads are 8 for 40 at Costco while the sonicare heads are 5 for 50.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
5780 posts
1771 upvotes
Mississauga
torontoraptor wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:09 am
Yes, I had the previous model and multiples of the Flex Cares. The design has improved over the past but the motor still stopped working on mine multiple times.
By any chance does your brush come with a UV sanitizer?
Anyone has an input if this sanitizer works?
Dec 31, 2011
17 posts
1 upvote
North York
Ours died after the two year warranty. . Both handles die at the same time..
Dec 29, 2011
33 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this (sonicare) two years ago, failed after 11 months. Was able to return to Costco. Bought the same model (with two), and one of the two failed after a little over a year. Having said that, bought it again as the clean you get from these things is worth it IMO.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1728 posts
123 upvotes
Waterloo
immortal_kssss wrote:
May 12th, 2017 6:17 pm
Yes it did but I never used it.
Corsair 600T SE White | Dell U2412M | Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHZ | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 OC 6GB | 12GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | ASUS Sabertooth X58 | Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD | Logitech G500 | Logitech Z-2300 | Sennheiser HD555
Mar 25, 2009
358 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
kokono wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:53 am
Yes, $50 is the regular price, but it was reduced to $39.99 last year.
does anyone know if the $40 reduced price for original replacement heads is a FREQUENT occurrence (like 2-3 a year) or was this a "one off" ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9968 posts
2977 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Incidentally WalMart has some Sonicare products on sale right now: https://www.walmart.ca/search/sonicare

In particular a package of 3 heads is $29.99, so $10/head.

Also the Sonicare HX6211/04 PlaqueControl model is $60. Amazon.ca is selling it for the same price. However several of the packages at my local WM store had $10 off coupons stuck to them. These toothbrushes were much cheaper last December with the $20 off coupon, but $50 isn't bad if you can find it.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Jul 11, 2015
173 posts
90 upvotes
Victoria, BC
bylo wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:12 pm
Incidentally WalMart has some Sonicare products on sale right now: https://www.walmart.ca/search/sonicare

Also the Sonicare HX6211/04 PlaqueControl model is $60. Amazon.ca is selling it for the same price. However several of the packages at my local WM store had $10 off coupons stuck to them. These toothbrushes were much cheaper last December with the $20 off coupon, but $50 isn't bad if you can find it.
maybe i should just buy that. $50 is pretty decent. i have a couple year old one(bought it used, no im not a freak), that had the shafthead aligner thing break on it, and i could just buy the vibrator body, off ebay. and solder it and all that. but maybe its better to get a new one and save the hassle.

decisions, decisions.
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Feb 4, 2016
38 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
immortal_kssss wrote:
May 12th, 2017 6:17 pm
I use the sanitizer every other day (all the airborne particulate from flushing the toilet is disgusting). If u don't believe me, close the lid to your toilet after every #2 for a week and see what the underside of it looks like. My set is about 2 years old from Costco. I've had to replace one of the units twice already. With that said their customer service was top notch and they replaced the power units. As far as the sanitizer actually doing its job? Well who knows for sure, but here's to hoping!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9968 posts
2977 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jointedhornet wrote:
May 15th, 2017 9:36 pm
i could just buy the vibrator body, off ebay. and solder it and all that.
How did you get the case opened? And even if you did how did you seal it up again so that it's waterproof?

It used to be possible to open up Phillips personal care devices easily because the shell was held together with screws. I replaced the rechargeable AA battery in a beard trimmer at least twice before the motor finally died. But the replacement trimmer's shell is glued or welded together so that it's unopenable. My Sonicare is like that too. So I'm curious how you can open them up without damaging the shell.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Jul 11, 2015
173 posts
90 upvotes
Victoria, BC
bylo wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:21 pm
How did you get the case opened? And even if you did how did you seal it up again so that it's waterproof?

It used to be possible to open up Phillips personal care devices easily because the shell was held together with screws. I replaced the rechargeable AA battery in a beard trimmer at least twice before the motor finally died. But the replacement trimmer's shell is glued or welded together so that it's unopenable. My Sonicare is like that too. So I'm curious how you can open them up without damaging the shell.
oh i probably damaged it.... i really just didn't curr. its been vibing like a mofo, for like a month. lol i used a knife on the bottom, and probably the seal is ruined. so all the more reason to buy a new one. and like that other dude said, its worth the breakage, not sure I'm a fan of their business model..... But these things are supreme for keeping your teeth clean. clean like from the dentist. gotta love phillips.

but yeah i was following this
basically just pried it open at the bottom with a knife.
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Aug 12, 2011
207 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Surprised to hear so many failures have been using sonicare for years never had a single issue. Have this same costco model too and it's going strong after 4 years and it's even traveled the world with me where I don't even bring the charger.
Mar 11, 2017
26 posts
61 upvotes
bylo wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:12 pm

Is there a way to PM Bed Bath and Beyond and use their 20% off coupon?
Aug 1, 2010
411 posts
139 upvotes
This toothbrush is amazing. Light years better than manual brushes/cheap electronic ones.
UV Sanitizer also a great thing to have as well
Dec 25, 2015
5 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I own both the Philips Sonicare and the Oral-B electric toothbrushes from Costco and thought I would chime in. While both are certainly better than a regular toothbrush, I strongly prefer the Oral-B. The Philips Sonicare does not seem to leave my mouth feeling as clean, and can't get in between teeth the way the Oral-B can because of the bristle design (The Oral-B completely encompasses the molars). I also find that due to the type of vibration of the Philips Sonicare, it leaves a much bigger mess all over the bathroom sink and mirror no matter how diligent you are to keep your mouth completely closed. The UV was the selling point, but I haven't used it in a year and haven't even had so much as a sniffle. So what's the point? Oral-B replacement heads are cheaper too. Personally if I had to choose to invest in something to improve oral health it would be the Waterpik they offer. That has replaced the chore of flossing for me and you would be surprised what even an electric toothbrush can miss.