Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

PlayStation Plus 12 Months Code $45.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2016 9:45 am
Jul 13, 2009
257 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
Andro wrote:
The best part is that lots of people are stacked up for many years. Now they can offer even crappier games, or none at all with no repercussions. Another win for Sony.
They already won when they made it mandatory to have PS+ to play online on PS4
Jun 4, 2012
433 posts
211 upvotes
New Westminster
Look at the bright side... Because gaming is getting expansive, people would spend more time on something productive in life i.e. study :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
SampahBau wrote: Look at the bright side... Because gaming is getting expansive, people would spend more time on something productive in life i.e. study :)
have you seen those teen-millionaires? They are there by playing video games, twitch and youtube, etc.
It's a different world now. You don't really become successful by studying anymore. In fact, study is just a tiny component of life.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6295 upvotes
Ontario
ranchan1_2 wrote:
Andro wrote:
The best part is that lots of people are stacked up for many years. Now they can offer even crappier games, or none at all with no repercussions. Another win for Sony.
They already won when they made it mandatory to have PS+ to play online on PS4
I agree, but I don't play online much. So PS+/Xbox live is only valuable to me for free (valuable) games. Which Sony has not been delivering lately and probably will not improve much on in the future.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
konsensei wrote: have you seen those teen-millionaires? They are there by playing video games, twitch and youtube, etc.
but you can find millionaires if you just look at the top 0.0000000001% of the market and forget about the other 99.9999999999% of "teen" online media-ho's, who are making virtually nothing - there are millionaire panhandlers too, but I don't recommend it as a career move.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2689 posts
515 upvotes
Still showing at Best Buy for in store pickup as 49.99
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
konsensei wrote:
SampahBau wrote: Look at the bright side... Because gaming is getting expansive, people would spend more time on something productive in life i.e. study :)
have you seen those teen-millionaires? They are there by playing video games, twitch and youtube, etc.
It's a different world now. You don't really become successful by studying anymore. In fact, study is just a tiny component of life.
They are still an extreme minority. Most people still need a formal education to land decent work, unless its the trades.
Mar 3, 2007
585 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I purchased a retail card today (23rd) at RCSS which rung up at $49.99. I just finished redeeming the code in PSN and there were no issues adding it for another year to my account. So for those of you who can still find them for the old price, it should work fine and you won't be charged any extra... As most had already theorized anyways.
Feb 29, 2016
654 posts
665 upvotes
Ottawa
Crazy....I was up pretty late last night and was just going to bed before 3am (yeah, I know...) when I realized it was still the 22nd on the West Coast (just before midnight) so I fired up the PS4 and went into the store....there they had the PS+ memberships with a big $49.99 graphic but the "extend" link showed $69.99. I thought that was pretty amateur...lol
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
thematrix49 wrote: I purchased a retail card today (23rd) at RCSS which rung up at $49.99. I just finished redeeming the code in PSN and there were no issues adding it for another year to my account. So for those of you who can still find them for the old price, it should work fine and you won't be charged any extra... As most had already theorized anyways.
As previously noted, Sony doesn't seem to be in a hurry to remove them from store shelves, so you should still be able to find them until they are depleted. Places like Macs carry them and every store I've been at has tons of them on their GC spinner.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2508 posts
1109 upvotes
Scarborough
DougO wrote:
thematrix49 wrote: I purchased a retail card today (23rd) at RCSS which rung up at $49.99. I just finished redeeming the code in PSN and there were no issues adding it for another year to my account. So for those of you who can still find them for the old price, it should work fine and you won't be charged any extra... As most had already theorized anyways.
As previously noted, Sony doesn't seem to be in a hurry to remove them from store shelves, so you should still be able to find them until they are depleted. Places like Macs carry them and every store I've been at has tons of them on their GC spinner.
They are probably letting the stores deplete their 49.99 card stock, instead of disposing them.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Feb 13, 2008
307 posts
53 upvotes
It's hard to say. Having worked for Bestbuy, a lot of stuff like this ends up being "DIF" (Destroy in field) for which the stores get credit for what they destroyed. So it's really up to Sony.
Banned
Nov 27, 2014
232 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just put in an order to reserve a couple one years.

Is there tax on these in store?

I hope this works, I stacked 2.5 years but figured I should get another 1-2 if possible.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2016
1039 posts
705 upvotes
Costco shows me $66.99 for this. A lot of other stores I've checked online say out of stock
Feb 29, 2016
654 posts
665 upvotes
Ottawa
Deals4Daysss wrote: I just put in an order to reserve a couple one years.

Is there tax on these in store?

I hope this works, I stacked 2.5 years but figured I should get another 1-2 if possible.
Picked up 2 of these at Best Buy where they had TONS of them still on the floor. No tax at checkout, so $99.98 for two more years of PSN...
Aug 28, 2010
187 posts
26 upvotes
So if I understand well ... if today I buy a 49.99 $ psn 1 year card at store and put it onto my psn account --- it will add 1 year of psn or ask me to pay for the difference (69.99 $ - 49.99 $ = 20,00 $).
Thanks for the info !
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2016
1039 posts
705 upvotes
LewisKhol wrote: So if I understand well ... if today I buy a 49.99 $ psn 1 year card at store and put it onto my psn account --- it will add 1 year of psn or ask me to pay for the difference (69.99 $ - 49.99 $ = 20,00 $).
Thanks for the info !
They have to honour what the card says. I picked up a card at ebgames and when I loaded it on my PS4, it didn't ask for extra money.
Jun 4, 2012
433 posts
211 upvotes
New Westminster
konsensei wrote: have you seen those teen-millionaires? They are there by playing video games, twitch and youtube, etc.
You may have great skill in playing games and I hope you could be one of those teen millionaires. However I am not talking about you specifically but people in general.
I agree that studying doesn't guarantee you to be successful, but you need to study to get a degree/credential, which you are going to need it for getting job. I don't think any employer would be impressed with how good your gaming skill on resume.

It is still the same world only different mentality. Don't aim too high if you don't have the basic.
Feb 28, 2009
48 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
BestBuy has some of the worst customer service. On their website it shows in stock at a bunch of stores but when you arrange for their reserve and in-store pickup option, I'm not getting any sort of confirmation email to tell me they are processing my order or anything.

I called my local BestBuy in Oshawa and asked because I wanted to confirm they actually had it prior to going there and the guy checked and told me they did have it. I went down there and they only had the 3 month cards :|. He must have checked their online inventory through the website rather their actual in-store catalog.

Has anyone seen these cards in any of the Durham or Scarborough locations anywhere?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)