• Jan 22nd, 2018 2:59 pm
Tags:
Jun 9, 2015
167 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
a2peng wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi VividGlider, does the soundbar have a 3.5 mm stereo cable input?
Yes, it does, could not attach pictures via my mobile.
Feb 13, 2016
17 posts
7 upvotes
Hey guys, just tried this system out. If someone got the VIZIO 5.1 Wireless Surround Sounds System earlier from Costco, I would recommend this one over it. The sound quality is significantly better for the rear speakers. The sound-bars and sub-woofers aren't too noticeable I would say. It does have less features and no chrome-cast support, but in terms of audio, I think the Polk one is the way to go. You can also adjust the sound of the rear speakers, which is nice if you have a large living room and the soundbar is far away. Doesn't hurt to try since you can always return them at Costco.
Jan 15, 2013
882 posts
148 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll check Costco in Mississauga tomorrow and I just might get tempted
Apr 24, 2013
178 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
VividGlider wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 6:45 pm
I bought it this afternoon. It is 5.1 surround wireless sound system with a Soundbar, a woofer and the two surround speakers, all requires seperate power (no connection between all 4 components - wireless surround music, but as i said all 4 requires seperate power hence wire connection for power) . Optical wire to connect between blue ray/tv and soundbar.

Sound quality is ok for the price. Design is great, the only thing that i would worry is speaker coverings which is cloth material (retains dust).

Soundbar size ~ appx 32 inch

Bluetooth enabled - can stream music from cell phone

Remote - control total volume, bass volume, rear speakers volume, button for input selection - optical, aux, bluetooth.

No info in any website, spent 15/20 mins this morning looking for info. Polk is US based audio system manufacturer. With this i am returning bestbuy Sony 2.1 Soundbar with wireless subwoofer (black friday deal $199).

IHO for $200-250 budget this is a good deal.

Thanks for this. Does it have the Polk Smart Remote?
How long are the power cords for the rear speakers?
does it have Chrome Cast?

Thank you
Jun 9, 2015
167 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
pleebent wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 11:12 pm
Thanks for this. Does it have the Polk Smart Remote?
How long are the power cords for the rear speakers?
does it have Chrome Cast?

Thank you
It does have a remote with features described above, however as this is not a smart device (that has in-built youtube, netflix as any other bluray player) it doesn't have smart component. Let me know if i am not getting you.

Length of rear power cords are appx 1m (Edit: appx 1.5m).

For the reason mentioned above, it doesnt have chromecast feature, the only way to cast anything would be via bluetooth and smart TV/players.

Its like a buy first and decide later deal.
Last edited by VividGlider on Dec 11th, 2017 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5688 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I cannot find any info on this at all. Would love to check the specs out at least.

Also don't think I've ever seen this in the GTA.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Feb 22, 2015
133 posts
82 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Would love to get one. Is it exclusively available in Sherwood Park, or other Edmonton location has it?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
2403 posts
1139 upvotes
Ottawa
Ottawa Merivale also has the set for the same $250 clearance price. I was intrigued yesterday seeing it but did not get it as I already have an older Sony sound bar from a few years ago (from RFD of course).
Dec 27, 2010
55 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
I bought Polk Magnify this black friday for $349 and love the sound and Sub. not sure what the model number of this unit it
Mar 13, 2007
778 posts
103 upvotes
Calgary
when it says wireless...does it mean wireless stream or are the satellite speakers are wireless (obviously it still needs pwr) or just the sub is wireless?

btw, I was poking around the "POLK" website (Pund intended :P) I think it is VERY similar to the FR1 model; just with the extra surround back speakers added.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2438 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
VividGlider wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 6:45 pm
I bought it this afternoon. It is 5.1 surround wireless sound system with a Soundbar, a woofer and the two surround speakers, all requires seperate power (no connection between all 4 components - wireless surround music, but as i said all 4 requires seperate power hence wire connection for power) . Optical wire to connect between blue ray/tv and soundbar.

Sound quality is ok for the price. Design is great, the only thing that i would worry is speaker coverings which is cloth material (retains dust).

Soundbar size ~ appx 32 inch

Bluetooth enabled - can stream music from cell phone

Remote - control total volume, bass volume, rear speakers volume, button for input selection - optical, aux, bluetooth.

No info in any website, spent 15/20 mins this morning looking for info. Polk is US based audio system manufacturer. With this i am returning bestbuy Sony 2.1 Soundbar with wireless subwoofer (black friday deal $199).

IHO for $200-250 budget this is a good deal.
Hi.
Can you comment on the audio that's being sent to the rear/surround speakers?
Is it discrete signals to each individual speaker? Or some type of simulated (fake) surround or "ambient" effect? but it does state "True" surround ;)
The packaging says "Dolby Audio"...worst case, all that means is the old Pro-logic II processing for the rear speakers. Not an ideal solution but it seems like a good price.
Nov 29, 2013
107 posts
13 upvotes
Canada
Looking for a home theater for new finished basement .. I only see 2 speakers .... there must be multiple speakers in a surround system ... Is this only for small space and not for basement ...