Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] costco Poulan PRO® 250 cc 27-in. Dual-stage Snow Thrower $250 off=999.99 hot?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2012 3:10 pm
Aug 6, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
REGINA

[Costco] costco Poulan PRO® 250 cc 27-in. Dual-stage Snow Thrower $250 off=999.99 hot?

I have been looking for a snow blower for a long time to handle the Saskatchewan snow.
Just found this at costco.ca for 999.99 but found a simliar one at homedepot $849.99. what is the diff?
the model no are different
Model: 961980062
http://www.costco.ca/Poulan-PRO%C2%AE-2 ... 10954.html

Model: 961980040
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/27-inch ... ine/805061
14 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
930 upvotes
Last year this sold for $840 at Costco, that is what I paid for it.

It was a great snowblower though, works great. Very powerful. Light is nice and bright.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1551 posts
424 upvotes
Prince George
brunes wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 7:29 am
Last year this sold for $840 at Costco, that is what I paid for it.

It was a great snowblower though, works great. Very powerful. Light is nice and bright.
I thought the regular price for the 27" in most places was $899.99 last year, down to $699.99 at end of season clearance. I remember looking at it seriously but in the end passed because it didn't have a remote diff unlock for easier turns.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1551 posts
424 upvotes
Prince George
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Nov 19th, 2012 1:06 pm
I thought the regular price for the 27" in most places was $899.99 last year, down to $699.99 at end of season clearance. I remember looking at it seriously but in the end passed because it didn't have a remote diff unlock for easier turns.
Just an update... looked at the 27" Poulan in my local Costco today. This year's version is $949.99 in store and does have a remote diff unlock. (They call it "power steering"... gotta love marketing) It's made by Husqvarna.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
930 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2012 9:48 pm
Just an update... looked at the 27" Poulan in my local Costco today. This year's version is $949.99 in store and does have a remote diff unlock. (They call it "power steering"... gotta love marketing) It's made by Husqvarna.
That is what I was going to post, what do you need differential unlock for when you have power steering? Power steering is not the same as differential unlock - power steering means the motor drives the wheels independantly, you can make one or both wheels powered on demand to help with turning. Differential unlock just means you can push it around turns, not as good. It had that last year too... mine has it anyways. Maybe my store was carrying a different model.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1551 posts
424 upvotes
Prince George
From the Husqvarna web site: "Power steering makes for optional disconnection of the differential lock and easy maneuvering." So the manufacturer thinks they're the same thing.

Some blowers have a trigger on each side so you can choose which wheel(s) to unlock. I could maybe see calling that "power steering" since you have a bit more control of which way it's more likely to turn. But I *thought* the one I looked at only had one trigger on the left... now I'll have to look again next time. LOL

Maybe the one I looked at last year (which definitely didn't have any diff unlock) was the 24". My memory sucks sometimes.

Anyway, IMHO, although the Poulan name doesn't really grab me, this particular unit looks pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6846 posts
394 upvotes
I read that they use Briggs and Stratton engines and that they're pretty reliable. Grabbing the smaller version of this for in laws this weekend.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Apr 1, 2012
997 posts
97 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
do i need a costco card to buy this? i dont have 1, if that matters...
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
I predict that we in GTA will need to use snowblower only TWICE this winter!
Apr 1, 2012
997 posts
97 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
u sure? few months ago met office forecast (on toronto star) this gonna be way too harsher than last winter :(
zz000ter wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 7:13 am
I predict that we in GTA will need to use snowblower only TWICE this winter!
Mar 9, 2010
8 posts
I just bought the one @ home depot for $849.99 online. I think they are the same despite the CC being off by 1CC. They both have the exact same features.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2222 posts
224 upvotes
Nepean
for those who are big into the gotta be "Ariens" thing. the 24" 205 CC Ariens is on sale for $799 Ariens Home Depot
Dec 27, 2005
1 posts
Saskatchewan
O wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 11:08 am
I just bought the one @ home depot for $849.99 online. I think they are the same despite the CC being off by 1CC. They both have the exact same features.
I just purchased this one as well and I'm pretty well positive it's the exact same as the Costco one. I don't know that much about snowblowers but I thought if Costco sells the same one than it should be okay since they always sell decent stuff.
Mar 9, 2010
8 posts
pappcam wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 2:08 pm
I just purchased this one as well and I'm pretty well positive it's the exact same as the Costco one. I don't know that much about snowblowers but I thought if Costco sells the same one than it should be okay since they always sell decent stuff.
nice! its a pity that Costco don't price match! Otherwise, shipping would have been free!!
× < >