Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1158 posts
286 upvotes
Where do you put the keyboard?
Jan 8, 2006
767 posts
155 upvotes
i have the white version as well and like it. it was actually hard to get as costco constantly sold out everywhere. I'd say they're priced competitively for what you get in terms of motorized, touch controls, memory, glass top etc. I thought when I priced out an ikea customizable it didnt come out any cheaper and lacked the same features as the Tresanti.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18610 posts
326 upvotes
YYZ
NeverMSRP01 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 8:23 pm
Seen this in store it’s nice ..

However I went with prime cables electric base and mounted any ikea top on it and proly saves 50 percent the cost of this table..

Sit stands don’t have to cost an arm and leg !
Pictures?

Which Ikea top did you used and was it easy to install?
Aug 8, 2010
147 posts
64 upvotes
Quebec
I RFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 4:09 pm
Where do you put the keyboard?
I guess you need to fit a tray on it? Does not make sense to me either.
Nov 4, 2008
252 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Saw 4 left at the Thorncliffe Costco this afternoon.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1158 posts
286 upvotes
jslabonte wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 5:07 pm
I guess you need to fit a tray on it? Does not make sense to me either.

You can screw a tray into a wood table, how do you get one in this glass one ? If ergonomics are not required, it looks like a nice table. If I wanna be pessimistic, I could say this table allows you to be uncomfortable both standing up and sitting down Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3376 posts
829 upvotes
Ottawa
NeverMSRP01 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 8:23 pm
Seen this in store it’s nice ..

However I went with prime cables electric base and mounted any ikea top on it and proly saves 50 percent the cost of this table..

Sit stands don’t have to cost an arm and leg !
Maybe $50 saving but I don't see any electric bases at Prime Cables that will allow you to build a sit stand for $175.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1439 posts
418 upvotes
dirtmover wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 8:00 am
Maybe $50 saving but I don't see any electric bases at Prime Cables that will allow you to build a sit stand for $175.
Probably when it goes on sale. I rather buy something that works right out of the box. By the time you go to two different places and spend time and gas. Plus spend time assembling it, I think it's better to buy something working right out of the box. Beside it's not a huge price different anyway. If it's triple the price then I might consider building one. For $350 I think it's reasonable.
Nov 27, 2008
139 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know the weight limit for the desk? I couldn't find that info anywhere.
Jun 11, 2004
854 posts
80 upvotes
Here is my sit stand set up. I got my legs motiongrey, a company in Vancouver, they offer free shipping. They have some coupon codes for about $50 off i think, i might be able to find it, just DM me. I just added a $40 Ikea table top. Overall I really like the sit stand, and I think it was worth it. I don't spend crazy amounts of time on the computer at home, but it has been very convenient for me. I wanted decent amount of desk space as well.

I did a test and put both my kids (total about 65lbs) along with a 10lb weight. worked out close to 120lbs and it still went up and down without hesitation.

All the legs for these units are built in china. It's crazy how pricey these can get, and how much companies spend for them.
Images
  • 20190224_214155.jpg
Last edited by fleabaggs on Mar 11th, 2019 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1015 posts
366 upvotes
Waterloo
fleabaggs wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 9:48 am
Here is my sit stand set up. I got my legs motiongrey, a company in Vancouver, they offer free shipping. They have some coupon codes for about $50 off i think, i might be able to find it, just DM me. I just added a $40 Ikea table top. Overall I really like the sit stand, and I think it was worth it. I don't spend crazy amounts of time on the computer at home, but it has been very convenient for me. I wanted decent amount of desk space as well.

I did a test and put both my kids (total about 65lbs) along with a 10lb weight. worked out close to 120lbs and it still went up and down without hesitation.

All the legs for these units are built in china. It's crazy how pricey these can get, and how much companies spend for them.

Seems like the image link is broken for me?
Oct 19, 2007
779 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
I got the deluxe primecable version and it's very nice for the price. You can choose your own top after you get it. Ikea tops works perfectly and they are super cheap.
Jun 11, 2004
854 posts
80 upvotes
Okay, I attached the image cause I obviously don't know how to embed photos.
PressureBoom wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 11:33 am
Seems like the image link is broken for me?