Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

QuickJack BL-5000SLX $1299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2019 3:15 pm
70 replies
Jan 10, 2007
189 posts
22 upvotes
Looks like it went up by 200 since it first debut

Anyone that grabbed one last year comment on how's its been so far?
Apr 29, 2017
446 posts
541 upvotes
This thing is really not worth the price in my opinion, it doesn't lift higher than a jack would, so it's just an easier way to get you car in the air, may aswell get a couple of rakjak air bag jacks or knockoffs like I bought for $300 ea. they are smaller, lighter and less cumbersome.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
xtothel wrote: In warehouse for $1199
I looked today in Scaborough at Warden but couldn't find. Where have you seen them?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
prochargedv8 wrote: This thing is really not worth the price in my opinion, it doesn't lift higher than a jack would, so it's just an easier way to get you car in the air, may aswell get a couple of rakjak air bag jacks or knockoffs like I bought for $300 ea. they are smaller, lighter and less cumbersome.
At $300 each, you would be at the same price for a set of 4.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
Not to mention that air is more difficult to come by than electricity at the track.
Apr 29, 2017
446 posts
541 upvotes
FFWD wrote: At $300 each, you would be at the same price for a set of 4.
You don't need 4, you can use 1 to get one entire side up front and rear, then place stands do you bring 4 jacks to the track?

As for air, it's a couple sq. Inches of volume with a 110psi max, you can use a portable air tank, an 11 gallon tank will fill the bag probably a couple dozen times.

Or if electricity is so easy to come by bring a small compressor, then air is not so hard to come by.
Apr 25, 2016
169 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, I was just about to place an order for this one at from Quickjack Canada.

Couple of things however ; It's not in stock at Quickjack. Also, the frame length says it is 70", so I really hope this is the redesigned version they released in the past year. The older 5000SLX was 72" and won't fit under my car.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7522 upvotes
BC

Evidently the weight rating on this unit is on the conservative side.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
FFWD wrote: I looked today in Scaborough at Warden but couldn't find. Where have you seen them?
Saw it at the Guelph location. I was surprised to see them as I was actually researching these. 3-4 left last I checked.
Dec 23, 2010
292 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote:

Evidently the weight rating on this unit is on the conservative side.
I think the weight rating might have more to do with the pump for the hydrolic fluid, in the video they mentioned that they used a special pump.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
prochargedv8 wrote: You don't need 4, you can use 1 to get one entire side up front and rear, then place stands do you bring 4 jacks to the track?

As for air, it's a couple sq. Inches of volume with a 110psi max, you can use a portable air tank, an 11 gallon tank will fill the bag probably a couple dozen times.

Or if electricity is so easy to come by bring a small compressor, then air is not so hard to come by.
We can debate the value of the QuickJack itself all we want - it's definitely not for everyone. But for those who want to actually buy one, this is the best price around and that's why it's posted.
May 23, 2015
112 posts
60 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Anyone seen these in the west? I wonder if you can contact Costco to get the 12V option.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1828 posts
884 upvotes
Up in the air
Bought one of these a few years ago and love it. I only use it a few times a year to work on my VW Golf (changing over winter/summer tires, brake work, etc) but it's just so much better than jacking up each corner of the car one by one. I did have an issue shortly after getting it with one of the jacks leaking fluid but they were fast at shipping out a replacement and I got it in less than a week from the States via UPS. I have the jacks leaning up against the wall in my garage and they hardly take up any room this way and just keep the pump in my basement.
Dec 3, 2009
89 posts
120 upvotes
Ottawa-ish
I just bought a set in London. Even a low rise lift like this is very handy and I do the maintenance on our 3 cars. Any tool that can help make things easier is a welcome addition. I had been looking at these for some time now and at this price I had to bite.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3830 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
xtothel wrote: I think the weight rating might have more to do with the pump for the hydrolic fluid, in the video they mentioned that they used a special pump.
My thoughts exactly. How about testing lowering and extending the unit with that much weight,
May 23, 2015
112 posts
60 upvotes
Richmond, BC
So just went to Costco to check inventory and apparently Costco west don't carry them in store yet for those of you wondering. Still waiting to see if they can get the 12v thou would be a lot more portable.
Apr 25, 2016
169 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
wkqkqkfk wrote: https://m.costco.ca/Atlas-TD6MR-2%2c700 ... 61172.html

This one seems like what would be most useful but $2500
Problem with a scissor jack is you have little to no access to the underbody. Pretty much useless in my opinion.

I've been eying a quickjack for the last year and a half or so. This is the best price in Canada so far. Even when the old models were on clearance in the US, bringing them over here (with the hassle, taxation, tariffs, etc) would be more expensive.

And this is for the new model, and cheaper than quickjacklift.ca directly. I got one online, it just got shipped out today and I shouldve receive it on Monday. Woo!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)