Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

QuickJack BL-7000SLX Portable Car Lifting System (1199.88$) - Costco Boisbriand, QC

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 5:56 pm
May 8, 2007
33 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] QuickJack BL-7000SLX Portable Car Lifting System (1199.88$) - Costco Boisbriand, QC

BL7000SLX.jpg
I have been eyeing these for some time and finally found them for 1199.88$ or 1379.56$ tax in.

I welcome shame for trusting my life to such a product but after a lot of research they seem very strong and well tested.

They are manufactured by BendPak (website) who also make many professional lifts.

Here's a pretty good overview video: YouTube

You will also need 2.5 liters of automatic trasmission fluid for setup.
CostcoBL7000SLX.jpg
19 replies
Jan 27, 2017
91 posts
99 upvotes
It takes like 5 minutes to jack a car up using a floor jack and jack stands that cost a fraction of this. How much car work are you doing to justify this kind of cost?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
That is a trick system, and quite appealing if you wrench a lot.

Just saw this too while clicking around Costco's site: https://www.costco.ca/SureCan-8.3-L-(2. ... 96912.html It's a gas can that pours from the bottom. Seems a lot cleaner and also more environmentally friendly
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
May 8, 2007
33 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
There's definitely a part of me that wants this for fun so maybe it was easier to convince myself.

I have 3 cars to do tires changes in summer and winter plus 6 oil changes per year. There's an off chance that I may damage the pinch weld (x4), I have tried adapters and haven't been successful. Since I should be jacking the car and then resting it on a jack stand. The jack and stand points are often close together and difficult to place with the jack in position. This hasn't stopped me from doing it for the last 5 years although I often forgo the jack stand and place tire under the car in case the jack fails.

For the oil changes, I have used plastic ramps. Which always make me nervous since they slip a bit and I always imagine what overshooting one or both would do to the bodywork or undercarriage. The quickjack will also give more clearance, if I need to do other things.

I also plan on doing brakes and rotors in the future where I also see this will being useful.

My bottom line was that if I plan on doing these things for another 20 years I figure it is worth it. Quicker and safer, and a bit of fun.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3625 posts
97 upvotes
Starter, trans service, diff work, all would be a helluva lot easier with that than jackstands. Too bad they're not on sale out west.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Nov 18, 2017
226 posts
89 upvotes
Just an fyi, these have failed. Not sure if they were this exact model but still. If you need your car raised, become friends with a mechanic with their own shop.
Aug 25, 2011
52 posts
43 upvotes
Gaetz Brook, NS
I have this exact model, ordered this and the accessory kit from Costco.ca. Bought the extensions from QuickJack.ca so I could use it on my van. This is my "go-to" lift when I only want to do wheel changes, light brake work or want to do work in the laneway because I have another vehicle on my hoist (MaxJax). This works great, never had an issue and trust it. One poster mentioned these have failed, I only know of a hydraulic connector failure and that was because they could not disconnect it, nothing safety-related. Wish I could get this at my local Costco as it would have saved me about $300. Do you have a link to the failure you mentioned?
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1737 posts
565 upvotes
Does anyone know what the original price of this at Costco when it was released a few months back?

Last year the BL-5000 started at $1,300 but was on clearance for under $1,000 in the Fall.
Nov 29, 2011
489 posts
400 upvotes
CALGARY
patommel wrote: It takes like 5 minutes to jack a car up using a floor jack and jack stands that cost a fraction of this. How much car work are you doing to justify this kind of cost?
It takes longer if you are doing all 4 at once. If you are only working on one corner it might not be a time saver, but if you are doing brakes, diff work, tranmission work etc.... this is a time saver.
DougMckenzie wrote: Just an fyi, these have failed. Not sure if they were this exact model but still. If you need your car raised, become friends with a mechanic with their own shop.
You can't just come in here and say that without proof? Everything does have risks involved but these work and are very sturdy when used correctly.

I own the 5000 with the extensions and am pleased. I only haul them out on bigger jobs. Note if you have low vehicles just be aware they are taller and can be cumbersome fitting them under low cars.
Oct 11, 2004
90 posts
49 upvotes
Has anyone seen these in Ontario? (Ideally GTA)?
Nov 27, 2003
728 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
cobra99 wrote: It takes longer if you are doing all 4 at once. If you are only working on one corner it might not be a time saver, but if you are doing brakes, diff work, tranmission work etc.... this is a time saver.

You can't just come in here and say that without proof? Everything does have risks involved but these work and are very sturdy when used correctly.

I own the 5000 with the extensions and am pleased. I only haul them out on bigger jobs. Note if you have low vehicles just be aware they are taller and can be cumbersome fitting them under low cars.
The 5000 works with my 2017 Corvette Grand Sport and its pretty low.
Nov 29, 2011
489 posts
400 upvotes
CALGARY
zrex wrote: The 5000 works with my 2017 Corvette Grand Sport and its pretty low.
*quote* I own the 5000 with the extensions*quote* Yes it might be But I was talking about using it with the extensions since my Shelby jacking points are too far apart.
May 8, 2007
33 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
DougMckenzie wrote: Just an fyi, these have failed. Not sure if they were this exact model but still. If you need your car raised, become friends with a mechanic with their own shop.
I just had to research after reading your post but I haven't found anything that confirms your statement, that's not to say that one has never failed.

The original version had reports of leaking hydraulic fluid during operation. Whether in response to that or not, QuickJack has since changed the type of fittings they use.

Old
QuickJack_OldFittings.JPG
New
QuickJack_NewFittings.jpg

It should be mentioned that just like every hydraulic jack, the hydraulics are not actually holding the car in the air. There is a physical stop that the car rests on, the hydraulics just raise the car to that point. Interestingly, has also been modified since the original version.

Old
QuickJack_Old.jpg
New
QuickJack_New.jpg

I used them twice today for tire changes, but look forward to using them more often. They seem very strong and well made.
Apr 20, 2016
68 posts
72 upvotes
patommel wrote: It takes like 5 minutes to jack a car up using a floor jack and jack stands that cost a fraction of this. How much car work are you doing to justify this kind of cost?
rotating my tires on my truck. Not 5 mins not even close and far from warm and fuZzy feeling to get it lifted and all tires removed. The only thing that is better than these is a hoist or enough money to never touch your vehicle yourself.
Oct 4, 2008
792 posts
314 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
You know what guys... I got that 3 ton low-profile aluminum jack from Costco way back when.
The Torin / Blackjack Nascar model?
Anyway this one time I jacked up the one wheel, it was holding and I turned away to go get the right socket or something and it was like the bleeder suddenly let go because it dropped it right down to the floor. Exactly like I had turned the handle full open all-of-a-sudden.

Luckily, no damage and no harm. The odd thing, no oil spillage and hasn't had a problem ever since. But you had better believe it... I don't trust any jack any more !!!
Jack stands are slightly better, however, I prefer to get a huge chunk of log to jam under there. Because this one time I was under the car fussing around on something but I kept banging my elbow on this one thing, and eventually I'm like what IS that thing, and here it's the pin for the jack stand, which is only in by about 1/4 inch. BOOM I shot out of there on the creeper in 1/2 second.

So yes. Solid piece of timber is my preferred jack stand.
-
Feb 6, 2008
141 posts
152 upvotes
Great price.
I have had this model for over a year. Love it. I was hesitate at first but after the first time using it, never looked back. I have lifted many different makes and models of vehicles. From a 6500lb SUV (with no effort from this lift) to a small British sports car ( very tight but it worked)

If you have a vehicle with a full frame get the SUV kit. If you lift from pinch welds get these blocks off eBay and just place them on top of rubber blocks provided with the lift (they are too soft and will tear after a couple of lifts from the pinch welds).

If you are just doing tire swaps then might not be for you. If you are unsure about how to lift a vehicle or uneasy about it then not for you. To those who do a lot of repairs then go for it. I would have a full size hoist but do not have the clearance and this was the best alternative.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
DougMckenzie wrote: Just an fyi, these have failed. Not sure if they were this exact model but still.
Link?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
Grunchy wrote: You know what guys... I got that 3 ton low-profile aluminum jack from Costco way back when.
The Torin / Blackjack Nascar model?
Anyway this one time I jacked up the one wheel, it was holding and I turned away to go get the right socket or something and it was like the bleeder suddenly let go because it dropped it right down to the floor. Exactly like I had turned the handle full open all-of-a-sudden.

Luckily, no damage and no harm. The odd thing, no oil spillage and hasn't had a problem ever since. But you had better believe it... I don't trust any jack any more !!!
Jack stands are slightly better, however, I prefer to get a huge chunk of log to jam under there. Because this one time I was under the car fussing around on something but I kept banging my elbow on this one thing, and eventually I'm like what IS that thing, and here it's the pin for the jack stand, which is only in by about 1/4 inch. BOOM I shot out of there on the creeper in 1/2 second.

So yes. Solid piece of timber is my preferred jack stand.
You're not supposed to work under a jack. You're supposed to use it to raise the car, then lower it on jack stands.
Nov 18, 2017
226 posts
89 upvotes
mawzi wrote: Link?
I don’t have the link anymore, but it was on a major car forum. Someone in this thread said there’s something that holds the stand in place even if the mechanism fails though. Personally I the the safest is heavy duty Napa pin type jack stands with wide/ long wood blocks under the tires with the e-brake on but that’s getting to ocd safety extremes lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)