Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
1953 posts
159 upvotes
London

Costco return policy?

I am new to costco but did hear a lot about it before. One of the best thing is about their life time return policy.

When I signed my membership back to May this year, I was told their current return policy is only 1 year for most product buy 90 days for electronics. I am okay with that because I do know about some members abuse the return policy.

But today, when I check their website: http://www.costco.ca/returns-replacements-refunds.html, I saw ' We ask that you return all other merchandise within 30 days with a Costco receipt and in the original packaging.' under their return policy. What does that mean? Costco reduce their return period to 30 days now in Canada??? The states still has their life time policy but us Canadians, we only have 30 days from now on?

Can anyone who is more familiar with costco can confirm what is their current return policy? Thanks a lot.
2 replies
Aug 26, 2010
491 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Note that it's "We *ask*" for the returns to be done within 30 days. I know that I've done returns within 90 days and not a problem. I've gone as far out as several months (batteries unopened in the packaging complete with the receipt stuck on top).
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
hsz wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 10:09 pm
Note that it's "We *ask*" for the returns to be done within 30 days. I know that I've done returns within 90 days and not a problem. I've gone as far out as several months (batteries unopened in the packaging complete with the receipt stuck on top).
Yup, ask is just ask. It doesn't mean "You MUST return all other merchandise within 30 days". Heck, I've returned stuff months later with no packaging and no receipt. Just don't be one of those people who uses it to rent items or eats the whole cake and then returns it.
× < >