• Feb 5th, 2008 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2007
1001 posts
1 upvote

costco return policy

just wondering how exactly costcos return policy works? do they accept ANYTHING with no time limit? i heard stories of people return stuff after years. what if its a consumable like a printer and it doesnt work as good? can it be returned? how about software or something?

i heard some people returned tires after driving on them..... is that possible?

any help appreciated. thanks.
31 replies
Dec 11, 2005
434 posts
ibanker wrote:
Jan 24th, 2008 10:43 pm
just wondering how exactly costcos return policy works? do they accept ANYTHING with no time limit? i heard stories of people return stuff after years. what if its a consumable like a printer and it doesnt work as good? can it be returned? how about software or something?

why? u want to abuse their policy and ruin it's intended purpose?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2007
1001 posts
1 upvote
no because i bought an external harddrive from there 2 months ago and the drive stopped working today. it doesnt make the spinning sound anymore. so i was wondering if im supposed to contact western digital for warranty or take it to costco for exchange?

oh yea and do i need the box to do it or can i just bring in the drive.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
5594 posts
170 upvotes
ibanker wrote:
Jan 24th, 2008 10:54 pm
no because i bought an external harddrive from there 2 months ago and the drive stopped working today. it doesnt make the spinning sound anymore. so i was wondering if im supposed to contact western digital for warranty or take it to costco for exchange?
If it's only been 2 months then you'll be fine in returning/exchanging the product.

Just as an aide, Costco Canada is changing their return policy shortly to limit the return policy.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
2905 posts
ibanker wrote:

if the receipt says 90 days of return.. the yea u can or u can give it a try but i dont want to be an ass so you can go ahead if you want. if i were u, i would rather do the warranty..
Nov 8, 2007
37 posts
Burnaby, B.C.
ibanker wrote:
Jan 24th, 2008 10:43 pm

This is why Costco is changing their policies - thanks to people like you who seem to want to test it's limits and abuse it.

Why are you asking about returning tires after driving on them ?? Or returning software ? Sounds more like you want to see what junk you can get rid of than a legitimate defective product.

In most stores - what you are suggesting would be considered criminal fraud.
At Costco, it is out and out abuse.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
I have a legit question on the return policy....

My wife bought a pack of womens underwears there last time we were in. Due to it being in a sealed package and Costco not having changing rooms anyway she of course had to guess at the correct size. Once we got home after a quick try-on she realized they were too large.

Now, I am pretty sure she likes them fine, so we'd just want a size exchange. But I know lots of stores will not allow underwear returns, period. Would Costco allow the exchange?
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
184 upvotes
Surrey
brunes wrote:
Jan 25th, 2008 5:52 pm

My wife bought a pack of womens underwears there last time we were in. Due to it being in a sealed package and Costco not having changing rooms anyway she of course had to guess at the correct size. Once we got home after a quick try-on she realized they were too large.

Now, I am pretty sure she likes them fine, so we'd just want a size exchange. But I know lots of stores will not allow underwear returns, period. Would Costco allow the exchange?
Does she go commando so much she doesn't know what size she wears? :D I think most people would know what size ginch they gotta get.

As for the returns - wanting to return underwear that has been worn is not just wrong. It's unhygienic. If she doesn't want to wear them, take the loss and throw them out. Next time, look at the size label before you open the pack. :!:

Of course, think of the money she'd save if she did a Britney ;)
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5771 posts
664 upvotes
I just bought a camera from them and got a speech about their new policy on Electronics. The info was posted on their new signs, stickers / leaf booklets everywhere around the Electronics department on this new policy on Electronics as well:

90 days return on TV, Projects, Computers, Cameras, Camcorders, IPod/MP3 and Cell Phone.

In addition, there is FREE technical support provided, by phone.

Costco would also, extend the manufacturer's warranty on TV, Projectors and computers to 2 years.

I was told this is basically the same as their policy in the US now.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1074 posts
brunes wrote:
Jan 25th, 2008 5:52 pm

My wife bought a pack of womens underwears there last time we were in. Once we got home after a quick try-on she realized they were too large.

Tell me the size she wants, I'll buy the correct underwear, and accept the used one.
PM me
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
1966 posts
477 upvotes
Halifax
hdom wrote:
Jan 26th, 2008 1:04 am
I just bought a camera from them and got a speech about their new policy on Electronics. The info was posted on their new signs, stickers / leaf booklets everywhere around the Electronics department on this new policy on Electronics as well:

90 days return on TV, Projects, Computers, Cameras, Camcorders, IPod/MP3 and Cell Phone.

In addition, there is FREE technical support provided, by phone.

Costco would also, extend the manufacturer's warranty on TV, Projectors and computers to 2 years.

I was told this is basically the same as their policy in the US now.
Ummmmm, is "Projects" supposed to be projectors?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1667 posts
i saw one costco already change their policy to like other companies.

30 days now.

which is good, in my opinion, at least reduce alot of abuser
Dec 11, 2005
434 posts
nopn wrote:
Jan 26th, 2008 10:13 am
i saw one costco already change their policy to like other companies.

30 days now.

which is good, in my opinion, at least reduce alot of abuser

i hate those abusers who ruin it for everyone else
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2471 posts
75 upvotes
ibanker wrote:

based on how you started this thread, you plan on doing more than just returning a faulty hard drive......rot in hell
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2002
9936 posts
1826 upvotes
Oakville
:D
AirForceElite wrote:
Jan 26th, 2008 1:09 am
Tell me the size she wants, I'll buy the correct underwear, and accept the used one.
PM me
There's always one :D :D
× < >