• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2018 11:28 pm
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
200 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto

Costco return policy (Furnitures)

Sorry, if i am duplicating the topic again.

If someone help me to understand the return policy for furniture's ordered through Costco online . I don't see any warranty details on the item i purchased but It's a white glove delivery included on that price.

If i need to return the furniture due to damage (let's say after 2 weeks) any idea how to return it ? Do i need to take it to the local costco or i need call them to come and pick it up ?.

I just ordered quite expensive living room set so i am bit worrying about the warranty now.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8495 posts
5986 upvotes
Markham
You have to lug it to Costco. Furniture can be returned anytime... like even years later if you really want to. It's not realy a cool thing to do but you can do it.

Costco does reserve the right to revoke your membership if you choose to abuse their return policy.

Also bring the email receipt from your weborder.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2312 posts
277 upvotes
you can return to Costco warehouse or call Costco and have them pickup for return. If you return to warehouse you get your refund right away, if you call Costco, they arrange for pickup and refund you like couple of weeks later
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3824 posts
2996 upvotes
Toronto
As rogerrabbit168 mentioned, you can contact Costco and arrange for UPS, etc. to come pick it up. However, you'll then have to wait around for them to arrive and they can't be very precise with what time their truck will pick it up, so you'll have to take a day off work.
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
200 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks a lot everyone. It's little bit ease me now. Paying over 5k for living room set so i wanna make sure it will be good for while.
Nov 30, 2011
953 posts
355 upvotes
GTA
Don't worry about Costco. I have bought all kids of furniture for my home from them.
One time I ordered closet systems and they came on pallets. The driver offloaded from the truck and stacked the pallets neatly in my garage. That was door side service.
Another time, I ordered bedroom set. They delivered right to the bedroom ans even set up the bed - that was white glove service!
I have also bought things that have arrived damaged. I have always taken back to store but could have called. It was just easier for me to return myself. When they ask why returning I am honest - either damaged or no longer required. I have never had an issue with returns at Costco.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1244 posts
252 upvotes
I dunno, I ordered a bedroom set in November. It had some damage on a few pieces. I contacted them about it and its still going back and forth. (they claim the vendor isn't replying) however I already tried to contact Costco twice this week and no replies since last week they didnt get back to me. So going on another 2 weeks and no contact from them. Its getting ridiculous. I want to just call them and take it back but then I am without a bed...
[OP]
Jun 24, 2016
200 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 8:07 pm
I dunno, I ordered a bedroom set in November. It had some damage on a few pieces. I contacted them about it and its still going back and forth. (they claim the vendor isn't replying) however I already tried to contact Costco twice this week and no replies since last week they didnt get back to me. So going on another 2 weeks and no contact from them. Its getting ridiculous. I want to just call them and take it back but then I am without a bed...
This is exactly what I am worried about. Especially buying a expensive furniture online.
Nov 30, 2011
953 posts
355 upvotes
GTA
Usher9387 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 8:36 pm
This is exactly what I am worried about. Especially buying a expensive furniture online.
Online shopping isn't for everyone.
Maybe you would be better off going into a real store and paying retail.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)