• Feb 18th, 2011 12:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 21, 2007
260 posts
10 upvotes

[Costco] Costco Richmond Hill : Ruth Chris $100 gift card for $80

Went to costco yesterday at richmond hill, Elgin mills + Leslie location, i saw they have a Ruth Chris Two $50 gift card for $79.99 deal.

I know in the past Ruth Chris' website has been selling these. but they go pretty fast and only sell sometime in spring. I think those were $75 gift cards for $45. This deal is not AS good...but...

Ruth Chris is a great restaurant. Last time i checked these cards are one card PER PERSON. so you can use two cards if two people go.

For those who plan to go anytime soon, this will save you a couple bucks.

What ever tickles your pickle...
14 replies
Feb 13, 2004
439 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Ruth's Chris this past valentine's day, I've got to say the steak is amazing (best I've ever had) but all the other dishes sucked. There was a set menu on vday and I ordered:

- Veal Osso Buco that was too peppery and cold
- Stuffed crab cake mushrooms that also had too much pepper
- Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce for side dish, the hollandaise was too thick and rich
- The mashed potato side tasted and looked like "instant" mashed potato from a box you would get in the supermarket
- Even the bread for appetizer was cold, hard, and crusty...plain nasty

I would like to reiterate that again once I they served the Filet steak I ordered, it was the best damn steak I've ever had. If I go again, I will definetaly just order the steak.......nothing else.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
Also available at the Etobicoke Queensway location - along with GCs for some spa and some other restaurant
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1372 posts
658 upvotes
North York
For ppl who travel to US regularly, Ruth's is cheaper and better in the states. I always use the gift cards I buy here in the states without any problems.

For $39.99, I got a salad, petit filet with shrimps, a side dish and a dessert. They let me sub the dessert with $3 more to choose from their main menu dessert...it's so yummy!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
3877 posts
270 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks for letting us know even though this has been around in costco for years...
huij wrote:
Feb 16th, 2011 8:20 pm
Went to costco yesterday at richmond hill, Elgin mills + Leslie location, i saw they have a Ruth Chris Two $50 gift card for $79.99 deal.

I know in the past Ruth Chris' website has been selling these. but they go pretty fast and only sell sometime in spring. I think those were $75 gift cards for $45. This deal is not AS good...but...

Ruth Chris is a great restaurant. Last time i checked these cards are one card PER PERSON. so you can use two cards if two people go.

For those who plan to go anytime soon, this will save you a couple bucks.

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3806 posts
266 upvotes
DragonZealot wrote:
Feb 16th, 2011 11:14 pm
how much is the filet?

They have a petit filet for $40, most of their steaks are $48, the most expensive is $60. Sides aren't included. There's a prime time menu if seated by 6 pm, $60/each (app, entree, side, dessert)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3806 posts
266 upvotes
Aritzia wrote:
Feb 17th, 2011 3:57 am
For ppl who travel to US regularly, Ruth's is cheaper and better in the states. I always use the gift cards I buy here in the states without any problems.

For $39.99, I got a salad, petit filet with shrimps, a side dish and a dessert. They let me sub the dessert with $3 more to choose from their main menu dessert...it's so yummy!!!

The lady who owns the 2 Ont locations also owns 2 in the US. I wouldn't say better tasting but less expensive definitely
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2322 posts
825 upvotes
Went last year for anniversary wife and I both had steak & lobster, to be honest I wasn't very impressed, maybe its cause it was too hyped by some friends and our expectation was too high.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
thanks op. going to get a card tonight :)
[OP]
May 21, 2007
260 posts
10 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Feb 17th, 2011 6:18 am
thanks for letting us know even though this has been around in costco for years...

thanks for not letting us know although this has been around for years...

looks like not everyone has noticed this deal hanging on their shelves. kinda hard to see it when you have no intention of looking for it.
What ever tickles your pickle...
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
2648 posts
456 upvotes
huij wrote:
Feb 17th, 2011 1:41 pm

looks like not everyone has noticed this deal hanging on their shelves. kinda hard to see it when you have no intention of looking for it.

all the restaurants $100 gift cards at costco is $79.99 - but selection will vary by location.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1372 posts
658 upvotes
North York
HP_John wrote:
Feb 17th, 2011 8:09 am
The lady who owns the 2 Ont locations also owns 2 in the US. I wouldn't say better tasting but less expensive definitely

I actually didn't go to her restaurants in the states. The ones I visited were Boston and LA...much much better food than here. I stopped going to the Toronto location after I tried them in the states.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
3877 posts
270 upvotes
Mississauga
it's not on sale or anything...it's regular price at costco...

varies by location...

in mississauga, i have seen:

ruth chris's steakhouse
zorro
cineplex
balloon rides
spas
etc...
huij wrote:
Feb 17th, 2011 1:41 pm

× < >