Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco - Roadside Assistance / Auto Club - $33.99 for 1 year!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2009 10:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7596 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco - Roadside Assistance / Auto Club - $33.99 for 1 year!

Costco, Roadside Assistance / Auto Club - $33.99 for 1 year! Plus free 90 piece kit.

This is potentially a very hot deal depending on the details of the roadside assistance. This appears to be separate from the Costco Emergency Roadside Assistance program. The carrier is "Auto Road Services, Inc."

If anyone has purchased this or looked into it, please provide the details of the service (i.e. one time use, "x" tows per year, tire repair service, etc.).

$33.99 plus taxes!!! Wow.

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... 38&topnav=
44 replies
Mar 3, 2009
876 posts
29 upvotes
Sounds good, I don't mind giving it a try. I have to check it out instore though since i dont want to play 12.99$ for shipping....
Boom Boom Pow!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3455 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
Not a bad price, the kit is probably worth that much by itself
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7596 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
This is weird for a stand up company like Costco to be partnered in this "scheme".......

http://roadservice.com/home.htm

Looks like this company uses Roadside Assistance as a vehicle to help Costco and other "clients" sell other products like tires and batteries.

WEIRD.

Anyway, can someone post the details once you know them please?
Thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18564 posts
1009 upvotes
They have these kits in store as well, as this coupon was in the weekly specials. They are probably cheaper in-store and you could check out the coverage. Anyone able to go look?
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1251 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
So anyone can have this kit in their car and be eligible for the roadside assistance too?

Example, a member can buy this for a non-member and the non-member has roadside assistance?
Evolution has evolved so much, it doesn't exist anymore.
Jun 25, 2003
208 posts
47 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any detail for the road side service? how many km for each tow, etc.
Apr 8, 2007
506 posts
41 upvotes
The link above is for costco's roadside assistance, not the roadside assistance sold in the package in this thread (I don't think).
Costco roadside assistance is only 10km/tow and $3.25 per additional km!!!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7596 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
Checked this out tonight. Same price in store at $33.99 with coupon.

The package had a tag that said, up to 3 tows for the year with a $60 CDN max. per tow. WTF?

Doesn't just talking to the tow truck guy cost you $60? What the hell does $60 get you? Any tow truck operators know?
henryan wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2009 10:23 am
Any detail for the road side service? how many km for each tow, etc.
Mar 15, 2005
909 posts
50 upvotes
So this is just a kit and you register yourself online or something?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2764 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the Info OP

Looks promising, I may go get this, but like a few other members said, very interested in knowing the details of the Roadside coverage.
Aug 13, 2006
890 posts
96 upvotes
Burnaby
The kit itself looks worth the $30, so this seems low risk to me. Better than the $160 or whatever it is these days for a full priced CAA membership.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3455 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
Fx45 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2009 11:19 am
The kit itself looks worth the $30, so this seems low risk to me. Better than the $160 or whatever it is these days for a full priced CAA membership.
CAA Plus is $100/yr
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
I would say this deal is COLD because I would NEVER touch anything else than CAA.
I used to have the CT roadside assistance and it was cheap but... it's per vehicle not driver like CAA so U will have to buy and extra one for the second vehicle.
It's VERY basic, only 20 km which is nothing , and it's subcontracted to shady towing operators like CT one .
I had to way 3 hours in a cold November two years ago waiting for the tow operator while at least 3 (three) CAA towing truck where hovering around doing nothing. It was an uneventful day and the CT guy was keep telling me that the wait time was 45 minutes... every time I was calling during those 3 hours.
When I called them back they said it's not in their hands but it was the rust bucket of towing truck driver who was not "a serious partner".

Keep this story in mind when getting on this "deal"....

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
× < >