Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Robot Vacuum iRobot Roomba 985

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2019 8:18 am
Tags:
None
Oct 15, 2009
171 posts
142 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: It is $465 CAD for 1s and extra part. Is this correct? How much is shipping,duty fees and etc?
HST, so around 60 bucks.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
takun wrote: HST, so around 60 bucks.
The CAD price on aliexpress is the actual price they charge on credit card? Or is it an estimate and they will charge USD son my CC?
Oct 15, 2009
171 posts
142 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: The CAD price on aliexpress is the actual price they charge on credit card? Or is it an estimate and they will charge USD son my CC?
I was charged in CAD, same amount as on the website.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
4237 posts
1821 upvotes
, ON
takun wrote: I mentioned the differences in one of my posts above.
Ok. So other than the mop feature on S50/S55, everything else is identical including the app and mapping and etc?
Oct 15, 2009
171 posts
142 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Ok. So other than the mop feature on S50/S55, everything else is identical including the app and mapping and etc?
Yes, pretty much the same. I know with Roborock you can also use Roborock app, not only MiHome, but the functionality is the same, AFAIK
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
How is the suction power compared between this 985 and your S1 ?
Roomba has carpet booster and 10 x power while S1 says 2000 Pa suction.

Also, how is the battery life ? I can see Roomba says upto 120 min and S1 says 2.5 hr but how compare them technically ?
Do we know how many mAh battery in Roomba ?
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Oct 15, 2009
171 posts
142 upvotes
It takes about 45 minutes for S1 to clean my whole first floor. At the end of the cycle battery is still at 70%
Apr 2, 2008
703 posts
364 upvotes
takun wrote: It takes about 45 minutes for S1 to clean my whole first floor. At the end of the cycle battery is still at 70%
How big is your 1st floor? Sq ft info would be helpful.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Aug 12, 2003
568 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Seems to be little love for this Roomba 985?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2235 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
GoogleFish wrote: Seems to be little love for this Roomba 985?
Seems there are better, cheaper options if you are willing to order from China
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
In August 2019 I bought the Roborock S50 and so far it has been nothing short of amazing. I've never owned a robot vacuum before but I've seen those ones that do random pattern (just bumping into stuff and changing direction) and I knew that would annoy me. So I did a lot of research, mostly on RFD and some YouTube, and settled on the S50.

I bought it at Gear Best for $380 USD + $24 USD shipping, plus a mandatory $14 USD "guarantee" (tracking) fee. Minus a $20 USD coupon I found through google. So my all-in cost shipped from GB was $398 USD.

I paid for the cheaper shipping; 4-10 business days instead of 3-8 days. GB processed my order the nest day, but then I found they held onto it for many days for no reason other than to hit that 10 business day mark. It was "ready for DHL pickup" on August 16, but it wasn't until Aug 26 that it actually left HongKong and arrived in the USA on the 26th. On the 27th it cleared Quebec customs, and since I had signed up to receive updates by DHL they sent me an email notifying me that I must pay the duty, taxes, and fees (see below) before they will attempt delivery. I paid right away on their website and then on the afternoon of the 28th it was delivered at my door in Ottawa.

GB placed a value of $100.01 USD on the parcel ($100 for the vacuum and $0.01 for the plug adapter), so my additional costs were as follows, based on a USD-CAD conversion rate for that day of $133.10 CAD:

Duty: $9.98 CAD (now a total of $143.08 for tax purposes)
Ontario tax: $18.60 CAD
DHL Processing fee: $11 CAD
DHL Transaction fee: $5 CAD
Ontario tax on DHL fees: $2.08 CAD

Total additional cost for duty/tax/fees: $46.66 CAD

I'll note that there is an RFD thread on how to self-clear at customs to avoid the DHL fee, but my time is worth way more than $18 just in driving there/back and gas. Plus I run the risk of having it re-assessed by the agent for a much higher value... That would end up costing me way more than a measly $18.

So I paid roughly $570 CAD for this vacuum which is like half the price of some Roomba's with the same features.

It cleans my main floor (750 sqft) in about 70 minutes and has about 60% battery left once it's done. I'm using the "balanced" setting, which is level 2 out of 4 (4 being highest, ie noisiest and most suction). I can draw no-go zones (lines and boxes) on the app and it easily integrated with my google home mini, so I can just say "hey google, start the vacuum".

I was super hesitant to buy this thing, but my wife and I love it and I'm really glad I did.
Last edited by Howitzer1 on Oct 20th, 2019 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 23, 2019
298 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
I have XIOMI S50 (that is roborock v2). Altought I was very happy at first, I would not buy it again. Issue is with their updated firmeware - now my roborock never finishes cleaing floor - after cleaning some times is just decides it is done and just go back to charging station and reports that cleaning is done. Sometimes it does that after 10min, other times after 45min.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)