Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung 4k UHD bluray player UBD-M7500 $49.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2018 10:20 pm
Apr 22, 2003
172 posts
80 upvotes

[Costco] Samsung 4k UHD bluray player UBD-M7500 $49.97

As mentioned, priced dropped to $49.97 this week.
Picked up a Samsung 4k bluray player yesterday at Costco.
Model is UBD-M7500

Price showed up as $149.97 - $50 coupon + $2.50 eco fee.
This was at Costco Waterloo. Not sure if this is at all Costco locations so YMMV
Last edited by jasuklee on Apr 26th, 2018 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
163 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1577 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Was the coupon an executive coupon or just a regular one they hand out when you come in?
Do you have details on the expiry?

Can anyone confirm for Mississauga locations?
Apr 22, 2003
172 posts
80 upvotes
Display price was $99.97.
Coupon is applied on the receipt, so it's just like any other item on sale on the regular, weekly handouts.
No idea on expiry. They are clearing them out since it's a .97 price.
There must have been at least 20-30 units yesterday.
Jul 21, 2013
979 posts
661 upvotes
Calgary
That's a really hot price, even for $150 it would be kind of a deal.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1538 posts
421 upvotes
Richmond, BC
The UHD8500 is $248 on the Costco website (with poor reviews)

I remember I saw it in Richmond, BC before for $174.99 (however last I checked there was nothing left in Richmond).

for $100 a UHD player sounds like a steal, even with the feedback that it is a loud player.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
I saw this at Dixie and Dundas Costco for this price for 2 weeks.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Jan 10, 2009
93 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg
Great price for a 4k player but make note, this model 7500 is the same as the Samsung 8500, just without wifi, only hardwired ethernet for connectivity. Deal breaker for me as I've run out of ports for now until I grab a switch and wifi is way convenient for updates ands file sharing etc. Decent reviews over at avsforums though.
Supports HDR but not Dolbyvision.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1764 posts
1015 upvotes
Avidfan wrote: Great price for a 4k player but make note, this model 7500 is the same as the Samsung 8500, just without wifi, only hardwired ethernet for connectivity. Deal breaker for me as I've run out of ports for now until I grab a switch and wifi is way convenient for updates ands file sharing etc. Decent reviews over at avsforums though.
Sounds good, but missing too many things, I am waiting on the Sony UBP-x800 to get back to $200
Cool Beans
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1992 posts
461 upvotes
Avidfan wrote: Great price for a 4k player but make note, this model 7500 is the same as the Samsung 8500, just without wifi, only hardwired ethernet for connectivity. Deal breaker for me as I've run out of ports for now until I grab a switch and wifi is way convenient for updates ands file sharing etc. Decent reviews over at avsforums though.
Wow, wait, the only reason I'd buy a standalone is for Dolby Vision. If it doesn't have that (how on Earth?) then it's useless. Just buy an Xbox One S.
Dec 30, 2008
62 posts
5 upvotes
South Okanagan
On clearance at the Kelowna store, maybe worth checking your location. At $70 it was irresistible.
Images
  • ED3BB571-B5B3-44D3-9AD5-026F77495105.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
DallasD014424 wrote: Jeez people still buy movie most people use kodi now a days
I don't think anyone is gonna be streaming 4K videos from Kodi any time soon. Especially if they expect quality 4K video.
Jan 10, 2009
93 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg
mumbles wrote: I don't think anyone is gonna be streaming 4K videos from Kodi any time soon. Especially if they expect quality 4K video.
^^This. I LOVE my kodi and have the gazillion TBs of movies and shows to prove it, but having just purchased a 4K tv...yep 4k and the HD audio is my next big video quality step to the home theater.
I have tons of friends who bought a 'kodi box' with all the streaming sites loaded....I tried a few and they're all shit, or screeners or tons of buffering...hard pass.

Netflix 4k and HDR is ok, but the hi bit rate you get from the 4K UHD discs is the reason to buy a physical player these days. at least until they figure out the 4k/hdr/dolbyvision issues for PCs and the android boxes, kodi, et al.

Man, for $70 though...I was tempted :), went onto a few other websites for this player and all seem to say this is a loud one (fan noise) so...read your reviews I guess.
Think I'm still waiting for the Sony x700 to come down in price a bit more from the $299 it is in most places.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
Most 4K movies are probably gonna be over 80GB per film. If you use HEVC (which will cause more strain on your PC/graphics card) you can get it down to a file that is about 60GB) but even then you may as well just save yourself the time and buy the film on UHD Blu-ray.

Do you mind if I ask what type of issues you're referring to? Encoding/playback for files?
Last edited by mumbles on Apr 28th, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2005
950 posts
569 upvotes
Kingston
Acewidpace wrote: Kodi is almost dead..
It is very much under attack by the big guys in Hollywood, but its also a long way from being dead...
Feb 18, 2013
96 posts
45 upvotes
Avidfan wrote: ^^This. I LOVE my kodi and have the gazillion TBs of movies and shows to prove it, but having just purchased a 4K tv...yep 4k and the HD audio is my next big video quality step to the home theater.
I have tons of friends who bought a 'kodi box' with all the streaming sites loaded....I tried a few and they're all shit, or screeners or tons of buffering...hard pass.

Netflix 4k and HDR is ok, but the hi bit rate you get from the 4K UHD discs is the reason to buy a physical player these days. at least until they figure out the 4k/hdr/dolbyvision issues for PCs and the android boxes, kodi, et al.

Man, for $70 though...I was tempted :), went onto a few other websites for this player and all seem to say this is a loud one (fan noise) so...read your reviews I guess.
Think I'm still waiting for the Sony x700 to come down in price a bit more from the $299 it is in most places.
Kodi on an Amlogic s912h processor passes HDR and Atmos. Get a Minix u9-H at Memory Express, install Libreelec and you’re good to go.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
JonnyV wrote: Kodi on an Amlogic s912h processor passes HDR and Atmos. Get a Minix u9-H at Memory Express, install Libreelec and you’re good to go.
Or just buy a shield and save yourself the work

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)