Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung Gear S3 Classic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 4:12 pm
Dec 18, 2016
226 posts
110 upvotes
trijunction wrote: Tomorrow morning I am going to try at Tim Horton's and let you know. I am curious too.
I managed to install the US version of the firmware and now I have the Samsung pay on my watch but it won't accept my CIBC debit card!! What did you use as Zip code?
I am getting the error that my card is not supported.
I have already applied for a CIBC Visa can't wait to receive and try it!!!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
Ali0056 wrote: I managed to install the US version of the firmware and now I have the Samsung pay on my watch but it won't accept my CIBC debit card!! What did you use as Zip code?
Where is the URL with the ROM install instructions?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Dec 18, 2016
226 posts
110 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Where is the URL with the ROM install instructions?
I hope to receive my CIBC credit card either tomorrow or Monday. Once I fully test and verify that it works, I will post the instructions and links.
There is a chance to brick your watch but I guess it's kind of safe within 30 days lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1589 posts
173 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
neverhaveiever wrote: there is a difference between diving and a hottub...
Sure there is; my Gear sport also can be taken diving and it's not actually a diver's watch. If it can work diving under 50 Meters of water then I'm comfortable having it 5' of hot tub water.

There are electronic watches that can survive; I just didn't know if this S3 Classic is one of them. After posting I did find a guy on youtube who did a vid on taking his Classic Frontier into the hot tub with no issues,
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
Ali0056 wrote: I hope to receive my CIBC credit card either tomorrow or Monday. Once I fully test and verify that it works, I will post the instructions and links.
There is a chance to brick your watch but I guess it's kind of safe within 30 days lol.
Which rom did you use?
I've already flashed my S3 Frontier.
I can test it with my scotiabank CC
Dec 18, 2016
226 posts
110 upvotes
lleb13 wrote: Which rom did you use?
I initially used BQC2 to downgrade from Tizen 3 but couldn't find the CSC and BL files for it so ended up using BQC5. Changed the CSC code to XAR. Finally updated back to Tizen 3 OTA.

Samsung pay is there but it just won't validate my CIBC debit card, CIBC support is pretty useless they are saying they recently started debit card support so it's a hit and miss but credit card should work with SP.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1589 posts
173 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Is there an equivalent U.S. ROM for the Gear Sport?
May 2, 2015
706 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ali0056 wrote: I managed to install the US version of the firmware and now I have the Samsung pay on my watch but it won't accept my CIBC debit card!! What did you use as Zip code?
lleb13 wrote: Which rom did you use?
Does samsung pay work on a watch with custom rom? No Knox related issue as in the phones? I didnt know you can install roms on this watch also, else I would not have bought US version. Interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
trijunction wrote: Does samsung pay work on a watch with custom rom? No Knox related issue as in the phones? I didnt know you can install roms on this watch also, else I would not have bought US version. Interesting.
If you have the ability to, I would always stick with a stock rom so that there's no chance of having issues. Since yours is US, I think that's better and safer.

When I used to flash roms on my Android phones, there would always be some issue, like the camera not working properly, or the wifi no working properly, etc. I haven't flashed a rom in a few years now and couldn't be happier with all stock and everything working.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
Ali0056 wrote: I initially used BQC2 to downgrade from Tizen 3 but couldn't find the CSC and BL files for it so ended up using BQC5. Changed the CSC code to XAR. Finally updated back to Tizen 3 OTA.

Samsung pay is there but it just won't validate my CIBC debit card, CIBC support is pretty useless they are saying they recently started debit card support so it's a hit and miss but credit card should work with SP.
Ah man, I'm just gonna wait it out...

Just so we're clear, samsung pay is on the canadian S3 frontier watch as far as I can tell.
I manually installed the Samsung Pay Framework apk (on the phone) and was able to launch S Pay on the watch no problem.
I get a message that there's an S Pay update (on the watch). Once I click update it shoots out the error "Samsung Pay is not supported in the country registered to the SIM card in your phone" error message (on the phone).

I wonder if I can spoof the Country registered on my sim :/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)