Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco: Samsung LED TV 55/46(EH6000)40" (EH5000) $859.99/$649.99/$489.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2012 11:35 am
Tags:
None
Jun 22, 2003
207 posts
47 upvotes
Oakville

[Costco] Costco: Samsung LED TV 55/46(EH6000)40" (EH5000) $859.99/$649.99/$489.99

Costco (Heartland) has some good discounts on Samsung TVs:

UN55EH6000F - $859.99 (300 off)
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55EH6000FXZA

UN46EH6000F - $649.99 (200 off)
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46EH6000FXZA

UN40EH5000F - $489.99 (100 off)
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40EH5000FXZA

All expiring Dec 23rd.

Enjoy.
Why to be anyone?!
Heatware
26 replies
Dec 21, 2012
155 posts
24 upvotes
OTTAWA
Hey,

Stupid question but can I get the 100-300 off online?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
6002 posts
152 upvotes
Markham
Hot if it is a Smart TV.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Nov 1, 2003
727 posts
62 upvotes
Correct me if I am wrong, I was doing some research on this TV:

- No SMART Features
- Only 2 HDMI
- No 3D
- Edge-lit LED

I guess it is better than the Insignia 55" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV $599 - $50 in terms of the picture....Right? Is it $310.99 better?
Salesperson at Royal LePage Your Community Realty :)
Dec 10, 2006
681 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
For 899, you can get the 55" ES6003 on boxing day at FS. It's not a smart tv either, but it is twice as slim and has a swivel stand (all other specs the same).

It depends on whether you want to deal with the boxing day crowd or go with Costco which I assume has better warranty.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
3288 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver
i beg of you, spend the extra money for the ES models
Dec 21, 2007
364 posts
102 upvotes
I would go with a brand other than Samsung if you want smart tv, I have one and never use the feature. Biggest gripes are its difficult to navigate videos stored on nas and doesn't play most formats. And you have to use the all-share hdmi port to send sound from the tv to the av receiver which is a problem because this automatically switches the receiver input to that port so you have to pass the cable box signal through the TV which down-converts dolby digital audio signals before sending it on to the receiver. I suppose you could always just use the TV speakers when using the smart tv feature though.
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14252 posts
580 upvotes
Scarborough
these are entry level TVs... and i mean entry level... if you know anything about TVs or if you are into home theatres, even as a beginner, you wouldn't want this TV. it's lacking a lot of the integration features you would want or need when using it as your main TV completely hooked up with home theatre sound system, etc. while it will work, it is very cumbersome and if you have older folks in your family or if you're picky, it will drive you nuts that it takes a number of buttons to get the video/audio to output the way it should, or that it would cost you $150+ for a harmony remote.

this is a good TV for the kitchen/bedroom or restaurant or wherever it's just a noise box and not a real TV/movie experience appliance.

P.S. - I love Samsung, but I don't love their entry level products. too primitive.
MOONBOX M3S:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

ONE PLUS 3 GRAPHITE VERSION $650 obo

Nov 1, 2003
727 posts
62 upvotes
I just found it at the Newmarket Costco at $300 off, $859.99... Was very tempted, but I didn't bite :)
Salesperson at Royal LePage Your Community Realty :)
Jan 15, 2007
127 posts
12 upvotes
Woodbridge
actng wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 4:57 pm
these are entry level TVs... and i mean entry level... if you know anything about TVs or if you are into home theatres, even as a beginner, you wouldn't want this TV. it's lacking a lot of the integration features you would want or need when using it as your main TV completely hooked up with home theatre sound system, etc. while it will work, it is very cumbersome and if you have older folks in your family or if you're picky, it will drive you nuts that it takes a number of buttons to get the video/audio to output the way it should, or that it would cost you $150+ for a harmony remote.

this is a good TV for the kitchen/bedroom or restaurant or wherever it's just a noise box and not a real TV/movie experience appliance.

P.S. - I love Samsung, but I don't love their entry level products. too primitive.
Was considering getting this for the folks' bedroom. Could you expand on this? Do you mean it doesn't support HDMI-CEC? Will my mum have trouble playing a DVD or using a Google TV with this particular TV?
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14252 posts
580 upvotes
Scarborough
it definitely doesn't support HDMI-CEC
the controls are also laggy... like running Windows XP on Celeron 600 with Office background agent and antivirus running type of laggy...
if it's in the bedroom and only hooked up to a DVD player, you will probably be fine...

the most challenging thing is trying to get the audio to come out of a home theatre set. for me it's not challenging, just frustrating since you have to:
- turn on TV (mute tv speakers once)
- change input to HDMI (DVD/cable box)
- turn on home theatre
- change input on home theatre to digital in

that's four buttons to press when it could be one button with hdmi...

tell that to a 60 year old and they're like WTF, why can't i just use the tv speakers?? lol
MOONBOX M3S:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread

ONE PLUS 3 GRAPHITE VERSION $650 obo

Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1314 posts
108 upvotes
actng wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 4:57 pm

What your describing has little to do with Picture Quality, if you just want to watch some TV than these and the BB 55” 1080p/120hz LED at $599.00 are good Quality Screens and if that is what you can afford or all you want to spend than these screens are great choices.

If you’re looking at spending thousands than this thread is not for you.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
1055 posts
370 upvotes
Markham
Moe Hunter wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:46 pm
What your describing has little to do with Picture Quality, if you just want to watch some TV than these and the BB 55” 1080p/120hz LED at $599.00 are good Quality Screens and if that is what you can afford or all you want to spend than these screens are great choices.

If you’re looking at spending thousands than this thread is not for you.
I think he has a point in terms of integration! With only 2 HDMI IN and 1 each of Composite and Component ports, it's really on the low end of the port count. One ATV and One Cable Box and you're done! You have to constantly unplug/replug if you want to add anything else like a Camcorder or an Xbox etc. Even my super cheap 37" LG made Insignia has 3 HDMI ports.

I think so long as you have a very basic TV set up, you will be happy with this TV. 55" for ~$850 topped with Costco's 90 days return policy and 2 years warranty is a very good deal for a series 6 Samsung.
Oct 14, 2012
134 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Jeff18 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:48 pm
For 899, you can get the 55" ES6003 on boxing day at FS. It's not a smart tv either, but it is twice as slim and has a swivel stand (all other specs the same).

It depends on whether you want to deal with the boxing day crowd or go with Costco which I assume has better warranty.
The FS one is only 120Hz, this one is 240 Hz.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1314 posts
108 upvotes
CoastalWaves wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 7:27 pm
The FS one is only 120Hz, this one is 240 Hz.
The FS one is a 55 inch LED Screen 1080p120Hz for $599.00
× < >