Tags:
None
May 19, 2012
11 posts
2 upvotes
PENDER ISLAND

Costco or Sears for LG 60PA6500

Hey all,
Just looking for some RFD purchasing advice.
Been thinking about upgrading my aging 32" LCD and I think I'm ready to bite the bullet. I've been priceing out the 60PA6500 and have narrowed it down to Sears and Costco.
Sears:
1079 all in
99 extra for 24 equal payments/no interest(not sure if these interest free options with administrative fees are worth anything)
Costco:
1099 all in
Costco offers 2 year extended warranty with purchase.

Other than that everything is pretty much the same. Any advice world be greatly appreciated. Feel free to weigh in on my choice of TV as well. It is by no means set in stone it just seems like the best bang for my buck. I have read here that sammys and pannys are the way to go for plasma but the reviews seem very good for this tv.
Thanks
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
if financing is not an issue, costco for sure.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
Even if financing is the issue, a second year of warranty is always appreciated. Also, have you ever tried returning something to Sears? Then you'll have your answer.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: Even if financing is the issue, a second year of warranty is always appreciated. Also, have you ever tried returning something to Sears? Then you'll have your answer.
This.
Oct 18, 2012
90 posts
8 upvotes
I bought this same model from futureshop a couple months ago with their 36 month no interest no admin fee promo for $999+tax, total came out to be $1110, however since i was only able to get approved for $1000 on the futureshop cc i put the rest on my visa. i later had it pmed with visions for $898+tax. so right now im paying $27.78 a month which is really a great deal!

as for the tv itself u couldn't go wrong with the price, it was the cheapst 60inch, thin enough bezels, excellent picture quality, phenomenal black levels compared to my previous lcd tv.

the only 2 things which doesn't bother me that much are the slight image retention (which mostly disappeared after wearing the screen in), and that the screen is abit dim when the entire scene is white
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
One other option for this TV is Best Buy, if you have one in the vicinity. They are currently at $899 and they do have a 36 month equal payment offer, currently, no interest, no administration charge, on a BB card on 55"+ TV purchases. They also have an HDTV In Stock Guarantee policy that offers another $50 off and free delivery if a store is out of stock of an HDTV. If you happen to have an OOS store nearby. If so, and you don't mind arguing a bit you might be able to get them to honor both, YMMV though. If financing is not really important to you, you can duplicate the Costco extra year of warranty by using a credit card with warranty extension privileges for the purchase, elsewhere. The other two benefits of a Costco purchase are the 90 day return policy on TV's there and the optional extra 3 years of warranty for $60, if that is available in your province.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)