Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere

Costco selling dog fur parkas?

So I stopped by my local Costco the other day and saw there was a booth selling womens parkas for $250. The fur they use as told by the worker there is raccoon fur but today as I was searching the Internet about this it seems it might be possibly dog fur?

In addition, the fur seems very thin and not as thick as the brand names.

http://www.examiner.com/article/buyer-b ... -fur-coats
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
21 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Perhaps but in the article it says it's actually from dogs. Hope it's not though.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14470 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Which is better dog or raccoon fur? I'm looking for the warmest coat possible. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Lols when I read the title, I interpreted it as fur parkas for dogs.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
cartfan123 wrote: Which is better dog or raccoon fur? I'm looking for the warmest coat possible. Thanks.
Raccoons and dogs have identical scientific classifications all the way down from Kingdom to Order. Maybe this is a case of clever labeling?
- casual gastronomist -
Dec 17, 2014
281 posts
61 upvotes
Eastern Canada
But Coyotes aren't cute.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
KevC wrote: Lols when I read the title, I interpreted it as fur parkas for dogs.

Canada pooch at sporting life
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cartfan123 wrote: Which is better dog or raccoon fur? I'm looking for the warmest coat possible. Thanks.
layer 2 CGs..you'd be sweating like a pig in minutes
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2002
1702 posts
181 upvotes
fboybcb wrote: Perhaps but in the article it says it's actually from dogs. Hope it's not though.
Google tells me Asiatic Raccoon is a dog. All companies that use Asiatic Raccoon are selling dog fur. TIL.

Not sure I care all that much, tbh. They sure are cute, though.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Beachdown wrote: This is no different than Canada Goose. Why people think that it's cool to buy/wear coyote fur trimmed jackets is beyond me.

Wait and buy one of these:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... -outerwear

These look pretty hot imo. Digging the colour combination.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
If want dog fur for a coat, please stop by here. This dog sheds well more than what a normal dog should. It's kind of like Peanuts' Pig Pen.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Dec 25, 2011
271 posts
199 upvotes
Hamilton
Beachdown wrote: This is no different than Canada Goose. Why people think that it's cool to buy/wear coyote fur trimmed jackets is beyond me.

Wait and buy one of these:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... -outerwear
Thanks for the link, I'm curious to see their next moves! I really want to buy American/Canadian, but I don't want to wear fur, which basically leaves me with the Canada Goose Constable.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2759 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
The MacMillan, Selkirk, Skreslet, Mountaineer, Burnett jackets don't have fur. There's plenty of choices for Canada Goose. Also most of the ones with furs are removable so you have the option not to wear them.

To be honest before I didn't like the idea of wearing real fur either but I bought the Chateau anyways and wearing it in -10 and below, I come to appreciate the benefit of having them. The coyote fur does make an impact on how well it keeps the freezing winds away and the moisture out.
urawomanimamachine wrote: Thanks for the link, I'm curious to see their next moves! I really want to buy American/Canadian, but I don't want to wear fur, which basically leaves me with the Canada Goose Constable.
Dec 25, 2011
271 posts
199 upvotes
Hamilton
NixxonExxo wrote: The MacMillan, Selkirk, Skreslet, Mountaineer, Burnett jackets don't have fur. There's plenty of choices for Canada Goose. Also most of the ones with furs are removable so you have the option not to wear them.

To be honest before I didn't like the idea of wearing real fur either but I bought the Chateau anyways and wearing it in -10 and below, I come to appreciate the benefit of having them. The coyote fur does make an impact on how well it keeps the freezing winds away and the moisture out.
Cool, I'll check them out! With that said, a few of those seem a little too hardcore for the winter here in Hamilton, but would definitely come in handy for Edmonton!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
Yummy
hated on but respected.