• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2008 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 13, 2004
269 posts
9 upvotes

Costco selling furnace, A/C & water tank now

I saw that Costco now sells furnances, A/C and also a tankless water tank (water heater?).

Just in case you're shopping around for one. Good to know.
10 replies
Mar 31, 2005
706 posts
75 upvotes
Sandie5 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 1:48 pm
I saw that Costco now sells furnances, A/C and also a tankless water tank (water heater?).

Any ideals on pricing for A/C's?

Specifically, 2 ton installed, included and extra charges?
May 28, 2006
89 posts
2 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
do you see they stock furnace, a/c, or you see the the ad on the way out? Only thing I know is that you will have to call a 866 number and schedule a in-home consulation, so it is NOT sold by costco, rather by a sub contractor who pays costco for the ad space. I guess
Dec 31, 1969
But what good does that really do since you can't purchase one if you don't have your HVAC license.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
IoannI wrote:
Feb 10th, 2008 7:13 pm
But what good does that really do since you can't purchase one if you don't have your HVAC license.
I thought you could buy, just not test/charge the system? It could provide a bit more selection and now you only pay for the contractor labour. I'd be interested in what they have in ductless AC.
Dec 31, 1969
synaptech wrote:
Feb 10th, 2008 9:42 pm
I thought you could buy, just not test/charge the system? It could provide a bit more selection and now you only pay for the contractor labour. I'd be interested in what they have in ductless AC.

Nope, can't buy without a HVAC license. I've tried to buy a furnace, a fireplace, water heater, as well as repair parts. They wouldn't let me without seeing a license.

In a way its kinda stupid but I guess its a safety precaution.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
31 upvotes
I wasn't aware of that. I was going to buy the LG ductless from the states (www.acdirect.com) but thought I'd wait to see what an install would cost first.
Dec 10, 2002
626 posts
21 upvotes
IoannI wrote:
Feb 10th, 2008 10:05 pm
Nope, can't buy without a HVAC license. I've tried to buy a furnace, a fireplace, water heater, as well as repair parts. They wouldn't let me without seeing a license.

In a way its kinda stupid but I guess its a safety precaution.
you can buy. check ebay, lots of goodmans.
Dec 10, 2002
626 posts
21 upvotes
Sandie5 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2008 1:48 pm

confirmed, they are sub-contractors, so furnace/AC are not sold by Costco.
× < >