Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Simplehuman 45L stepcan $100 ($130)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:07 pm
Member
Dec 25, 2017
228 posts
491 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:28 pm
Some of us got this for $15 a few weeks ago:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... v-2286780/

I think these simplehuman threads are ok to post, but don't use superlatives so much. They just invite unfavorable comparisons.
Are you the dedicated simple human hater? Youre a complete [...] for proposing that these 2 cans are the same. Youre acting in bad faith.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 17th, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1479 posts
781 upvotes
Kitchener
Started off getting laughed at by fam after I replaced all the garbage bin in the home with Simple human ones cause of the cost.. didnt matter I got them all on deep sales.

After many family events at our place, the complements started from those same family members.

Now a in under a year they all have at least one simple human bin in thier homes.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2010
1055 posts
495 upvotes
Ajax, ON
We have the model that comes with Alexa and love it!
Was $340 but worth it....Jezh...
Newbie
May 23, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
This isn't Lava Hot because it's $30 less than Amazon for a trashcan bud...
Sr. Member
Jul 14, 2008
769 posts
873 upvotes
Montreal
[removed]

compare apples with apples. no 15$ garbage can will ever come close to a simplehuman can, not in terms of longevity, not in terms of quality, not in terms of design. by your logic, everyone should just get dollarama garbage cans and every other company that makes superior quality garbage cans should just stop.

I use my garbage cans dozens of times a day and simplehuman has these little designs that just makes it great. The lid doesn't slam when you close it, locking lid, step mechanism that doesn't break, hinge can allows you to keep it oven, easy to clean, doesn't rust. and the list just goes on. This is consistent with all their products, not just a garbage can. The more you use it, the more you appreciate the little thoughtful things they put into the design. This is why I said earlier, people that complain about simplehuman never owned a simplehuman product. Either that, or they don't see the value in all the things I mentioned above.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 17th, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2009
682 posts
143 upvotes
Thanks OP for good deal but I already have this for kitchen and really worth it , no smell with lids closed and clean look and good capacity for 5 days garbage, very solid foot pedal operation. For this garbage bin you don’t have to hide anywhere and can place it at most practical location in the kitchen.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4080 posts
2469 upvotes
Be prepared to spend a fortune if you have fingerprintphobia.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4080 posts
2469 upvotes
Jonick wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 5:45 pm
If you phrase it that way, then if you are in the market for a yatch, you'd want a good quality yatch. And we're just saying this brand of yatch is expensive but worth it.



compare apples with apples. no 15$ garbage can will ever come close to a simplehuman can, not in terms of longevity, not in terms of quality, not in terms of design. by your logic, everyone should just get dollarama garbage cans and every other company that makes superior quality garbage cans should just stop.

I use my garbage cans dozens of times a day and simplehuman has these little designs that just makes it great. The lid doesn't slam when you close it, locking lid, step mechanism that doesn't break, hinge can allows you to keep it oven, easy to clean, doesn't rust. and the list just goes on. This is consistent with all their products, not just a garbage can. The more you use it, the more you appreciate the little thoughtful things they put into the design. This is why I said earlier, people that complain about simplehuman never owned a simplehuman product. Either that, or they don't see the value in all the things I mentioned above.
I am sure this can has superior build quality but my $10 Walmart plastic can still works fine after 5+ years.

When my plastic can finally bites the dust I will definitely consider this $100 simplehuman can. Hopefully this will be more affordable in 2024.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2195 posts
915 upvotes
B.C.
Just went out and bought it.

I'm so happy to have a step can that won't hurt my feet like the crappy one from crappy tire!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 4, 2007
1144 posts
344 upvotes
lol can we all just stop fighting? Both sides are valid in their own stance. Let me explain.

There is a lifestyle of /r/buyitforlife that is out there and the very philosophy of this lifestyle is the antithesis of these forms. These forms don't encourage price to performance but instead the lowest price possible. All of us Hot Deal subscribers including myself are guilty of this. Just look at our garages full of junk, our apartments full of clutter and your everyday lives full of sh!t items that we bought on sale that are now broken and useless after 18 months. This is the same mentality why Walmart is still in business.

If something goes on sale I almost always start questioning the product. Is it really a good deal? Is it built well? Where is it built? Why is it on sale or clearance? Ideally, good things usually almost always never go on sale and almost all the products posted on these forms are usually utter crap. Once in a while there are some really good hot deals but majority of them are not. I dare someone, DOUBLE DARE someone to post these in the Hot Deal forms:

Dualit Toaster God Tier level toaster. Most of you people will have a heart attack looking at the price and go "wtf, my toaster costs $40". Hell most people will have a heart attack spending $200 on a toaster.

or what about something familiar? The Vitamix A6300. I have yet to see a decent Vitamix deal posted on these forums. The A6300 will never be posted here because the starting God damn price is $820.00. All I see is shitty Ninja (I've owned one before) and Blendtec blenders posted on these forums.

or what about the sh!t TCL TV thread that everyone keeps banging on about in the Hot Deals section. Ask yourselves, the two most difficult things in this world to replicate are audio and video of reality. Big companies like Sony, Dolby, THX, Carl Zeiss, Samsung spend millions of dollars in research on sensors and capture technology to replicate real life audio and video as close as possible so that it can be presented to you in a manner that is the closest to that original reality. You think some sh1t TCL brand is going to give that level of satisfaction? I mean comon.

I own both the toaster and vitamix products above. They are quality items and I can expect solid 10 to 15 years out of them. The people who subscribe to the r/buyitforlife philosophy know the delicate balance between price to performance of the products they own. It doesn't mean you throw money away by constantly buying the next tier up. You will be broke pretty soon. I could've bought the commercial version of the Vitamix because it would be built even better but chose not to because I am not using it for commercial use. This requires tact. These people defending the Simplehuman products and their quality in this thread are the ones who subscribe to this philosophy and kudos to them. I genuinely NEVER expected a Simplehuman product to be posted on the Hot Deals thread because the person who posts, would be accused of being a heretic and that is exactly what happened here.

However, if you feel that you want to walk into a HomeDepot and buy a random brand of trashcan on clearance then all the power to you. You actually are the majority and I understand your point of view. I come from a brown family trust me I know. But please don't shove the minority here that actually wants good products in the douchy "rich elitist yacht owning" category just because we want what is best. I am not rich and live modestly just like you do (hopefully). I think we can all get along here.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
1342 posts
1242 upvotes
Alberta
craeyon wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 7:07 pm
lol can we all just stop fighting? Both sides are valid in their own stance. Let me explain.

There is a lifestyle of /r/buyitforlife that is out there and the very philosophy of this lifestyle is the antithesis of these forms. These forms don't encourage price to performance but instead the lowest price possible. All of us Hot Deal subscribers including myself are guilty of this. Just look at our garages full of junk, our apartments full of clutter and your everyday lives full of sh!t items that we bought on sale that are now broken and useless after 18 months. This is the same mentality why Walmart is still in business.

If something goes on sale I almost always start questioning the product. Is it really a good deal? Is it built well? Where is it built? Why is it on sale or clearance? Ideally, good things usually almost always never go on sale and almost all the products posted on these forms are usually utter crap. Once in a while there are some really good hot deals but majority of them are not. I dare someone, DOUBLE DARE someone to post these in the Hot Deal forms:

Dualit Toaster God Tier level toaster. Most of you people will have a heart attack looking at the price and go "wtf, my toaster costs $40". Hell most people will have a heart attack spending $200 on a toaster.

or what about something familiar? The Vitamix A6300. I have yet to see a decent Vitamix deal posted on these forums. The A6300 will never be posted here because the starting God damn price is $820.00. All I see is shitty Ninja (I've owned one before) and Blendtec blenders posted on these forums.

or what about the sh!t TCL TV thread that everyone keeps banging on about in the Hot Deals section. Ask yourselves, the two most difficult things in this world to replicate are audio and video of reality. Big companies like Sony, Dolby, THX, Carl Zeiss, Samsung spend millions of dollars in research on sensors and capture technology to replicate real life audio and video as close as possible so that it can be presented to you in a manner that is the closest to that original reality. You think some sh1t TCL brand is going to give that level of satisfaction? I mean comon.

I own both the toaster and vitamix products above. They are quality items and I can expect solid 10 to 15 years out of them. The people who subscribe to the r/buyitforlife philosophy know the delicate balance between price to performance of the products they own. It doesn't mean you throw money away by constantly buying the next tier up. You will be broke pretty soon. I could've bought the commercial version of the Vitamix because it would be built even better but chose not to because I am not using it for commercial use. This requires tact. These people defending the Simplehuman products and their quality in this thread are the ones who subscribe to this philosophy and kudos to them. I genuinely NEVER expected a Simplehuman product to be posted on the Hot Deals thread because the person who posts, would be accused of being a heretic and that is exactly what happened here.

However, if you feel that you want to walk into a HomeDepot and buy a random brand of trashcan on clearance then all the power to you. You actually are the majority and I understand your point of view. I come from a brown family trust me I know. But please don't shove the minority here that actually wants good products in the douchy "rich elitist yacht owning" category just because we want what is best. I am not rich and live modestly just like you do (hopefully). I think we can all get along here.
Great post and I agree with everything you wrote. I'm not here looking for the cheapest possible solution for all my needs. I'm looking for decent and even good deals on top shelf products, and there are plenty to find around here.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1479 posts
781 upvotes
Kitchener
craeyon wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 7:07 pm
lol can we all just stop fighting? Both sides are valid in their own stance. Let me explain.

There is a lifestyle of /r/buyitforlife that is out there and the very philosophy of this lifestyle is the antithesis of these forms. These forms don't encourage price to performance but instead the lowest price possible. All of us Hot Deal subscribers including myself are guilty of this. Just look at our garages full of junk, our apartments full of clutter and your everyday lives full of sh!t items that we bought on sale that are now broken and useless after 18 months. This is the same mentality why Walmart is still in business.

If something goes on sale I almost always start questioning the product. Is it really a good deal? Is it built well? Where is it built? Why is it on sale or clearance? Ideally, good things usually almost always never go on sale and almost all the products posted on these forms are usually utter crap. Once in a while there are some really good hot deals but majority of them are not. I dare someone, DOUBLE DARE someone to post these in the Hot Deal forms:

Dualit Toaster God Tier level toaster. Most of you people will have a heart attack looking at the price and go "wtf, my toaster costs $40". Hell most people will have a heart attack spending $200 on a toaster.

or what about something familiar? The Vitamix A6300. I have yet to see a decent Vitamix deal posted on these forums. The A6300 will never be posted here because the starting God damn price is $820.00. All I see is shitty Ninja (I've owned one before) and Blendtec blenders posted on these forums.

or what about the sh!t TCL TV thread that everyone keeps banging on about in the Hot Deals section. Ask yourselves, the two most difficult things in this world to replicate are audio and video of reality. Big companies like Sony, Dolby, THX, Carl Zeiss, Samsung spend millions of dollars in research on sensors and capture technology to replicate real life audio and video as close as possible so that it can be presented to you in a manner that is the closest to that original reality. You think some sh1t TCL brand is going to give that level of satisfaction? I mean comon.

I own both the toaster and vitamix products above. They are quality items and I can expect solid 10 to 15 years out of them. The people who subscribe to the r/buyitforlife philosophy know the delicate balance between price to performance of the products they own. It doesn't mean you throw money away by constantly buying the next tier up. You will be broke pretty soon. I could've bought the commercial version of the Vitamix because it would be built even better but chose not to because I am not using it for commercial use. This requires tact. These people defending the Simplehuman products and their quality in this thread are the ones who subscribe to this philosophy and kudos to them. I genuinely NEVER expected a Simplehuman product to be posted on the Hot Deals thread because the person who posts, would be accused of being a heretic and that is exactly what happened here.

However, if you feel that you want to walk into a HomeDepot and buy a random brand of trashcan on clearance then all the power to you. You actually are the majority and I understand your point of view. I come from a brown family trust me I know. But please don't shove the minority here that actually wants good products in the douchy "rich elitist yacht owning" category just because we want what is best. I am not rich and live modestly just like you do (hopefully). I think we can all get along here.
Lush78 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 7:22 pm

Great post and I agree with everything you wrote. I'm not here looking for the cheapest possible solution for all my needs. I'm looking for decent and even good deals on top shelf products, and there are plenty to find around here.
Exactly. Want to buy things that will last and are good quality.

I'm also here to get the best price on items that are normally not in my price range. If I can get a better price on item in my price range great, but I am usually happier if I can get a higher end (quality/function wise) product on a great deal (even if it's a little more the product I was looking at.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
909 posts
2358 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
This deal is trash
"Live Long....and ProspeRFD"

Top