Costco Sofa Surrano

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 3:20 pm
[OP]
May 24, 2016
33 posts
9 upvotes

Costco Sofa Surrano

Just purchased this and am now wondering if the 1.5 lb spec foam is going to be an issue. Seems like a medium to low density foam will result in short life span of the couch? Any ideas from people who know furniture?

https://www.costco.ca/surrano-living-ro ... ction.html
Last edited by DealzToronto on Jan 8th, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1877 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who 'knows' furniture is simply going to tell you to not waste money buying furniture at Costco.

For $1800 after tax or whatever that costs, you can buy a sofa from IKEA at least, or go look at some local furniture shops. Consider vintage pieces. Go to the Bay.

In 5-10 years that Costco couch will be at your curb.
Mar 22, 2017
575 posts
451 upvotes
The foam at 24kg/m3 is below the level you'd want for a couch - you'd really want AT LEAST 30kg/m3, and that's for a so-so couch that'll last you eight years, not a premium couch that'll last you a really long time. Expect it to wear out in about five years of regular use.

You don't have to ask us though! Google has a fair bit of information on this and can give you some other pointers on what to look for if you do decide to pick up an alternative.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1568 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
Last weekend at my Costco there was a frenzy around these sofas when I walked by. What's the big deal? Needless to say, I bought 4.
[OP]
May 24, 2016
33 posts
9 upvotes
You bought 4? Of which Sofa? I saw a couple on the floor last week but not the Surrano.
[OP]
May 24, 2016
33 posts
9 upvotes
Oh it was a joke lol. The Surrano is not available in store actually. I saw the ones in the store and I agree they were nothing special. I wonder why there is no review of the Surrano online though. Maybe I will do one.