Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Costco: Sonicare Diamondclean Brush Heads 5-pack - $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2017 1:34 am
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA

Costco: Sonicare Diamondclean Brush Heads 5-pack - $39.99

Price:
Expiry:
July 30, 2017
This may be covered in the weekly Costco threads later today, but since this rarely goes on sale, (especially at places other than Costco) thought I would create a separate thread for it anyway. Costco has the 5-pack Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush heads on sale this week, $10 off, to bring the price down to $39.99 Sale is on this week and next.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
This doesn't help that woman on the Oral B commercials that is clearly in love with her toothbrush, ha ha.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1799 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
Can it be used on series 1 & 2 ?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22691 posts
3682 upvotes
yolomolo wrote: Can it be used on series 1 & 2 ?
Yup. As long as it does not have a screw base.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
Thanks OP ... perfect timing
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1503 upvotes
Has anyone tried the Adaptive Clean heads? Are they really that much better than diamond?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
ph00p wrote: Has anyone tried the Adaptive Clean heads? Are they really that much better than diamond?
I prefer the Adaptive Clean. It seems to contour the tooth surfaces better, so I feel it seems to clean between and around the teeth better. The main advantage of diamondclean is whitening which I don't really care about. At some point Costo switched to the DiamondClean packs years ago, and I was pretty disappointed with the Diamond brush heads. It's preference, but if Costco sold both I would choose the other type.
Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 17th, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
Any good aftermarket alternatives? I know there are cheap ones from Ali/ebay but I'm unsure how safe those are. (Ie: what are they using for the nylon bristles)
Last edited by w3ssisback on Jul 17th, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1565 posts
1654 upvotes
Vancouver
Why not just price adjustment?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
I just got my DiamondClean toothbrush from the Prime Deal and it comes with three heads, so I'm going to give them all a try to compare them back to back.

The other interesting thing is that the DiamondClean brush feels a bit different than the Series 3 brush we are also using. I can't pin it down, but the oscillations feels a bit stronger in the normal cleaning mode. I thought all of the Sonicare brushes are exactly the same cleaning action except for features.

I thought I was imagining things, but If I look at the brush while the brush is working...... I think the brush head on the Diamondcare handle oscillates back and forth at a slightly wider arc than the 3 series. I wonder if there is some way to prove or disprove this theory. Maybe I need to figure out a way to take a picture of the brush and measure how much the brush oscillates.

edit: took some pictures sonicare-toothbrushes-differences-among-models-2113092/
Last edited by warpdrive on Jul 17th, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
dontgiveajack wrote: Damn, I just bought these last week at 49.99....
I got another pack a couple of weeks ago too. You can get your money back if you can endure the line up or go at a non peak time
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Pretty decent deal, $10 off on the regular price. Thanks, OP. Has anyone got this in QC local store?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2342 posts
2785 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I just got my DiamondClean toothbrush from the Prime Deal and it comes with three heads, so I'm going to give them all a try to compare them back to back.

The other interesting thing is that the DiamondClean brush feels a bit different than the Series 3 brush we are also using. I can't pin it down, but the oscillations feels a bit stronger in the normal cleaning mode. I thought all of the Sonicare brushes are exactly the same cleaning action except for features.

I thought I was imagining things, but If I look at the brush while the brush is working...... I think the brush head on the Diamondcare handle oscillates back and forth at a slightly wider arc than the 3 series. I wonder if there is some way to prove or disprove this theory. Maybe I need to figure out a way to take a picture of the brush and measure how much the brush oscillates.

edit: took some pictures sonicare-toothbrushes-differences-among-models-2113092/
To add to the anecdote...I find that when I am replacing my brush (Flexcare Platinum), the new brush is always "stronger" in its vibrations compared to the old one. Not sure if this is due to wear on the motor or battery degradation but I notice what you're describing even within the same model...
w3ssisback wrote: Any good aftermarket alternatives? I know there are cheap ones from Ali/ebay but I'm unsure how safe those are. (Ie: what are they using for the nylon bristles)
Ask yourself if you really want to be the guy who bought a >$100 brush and is now trying to save a few dollars on replacement heads?
Nobody can guarantee those cheap clones and when brushing is something you do multiple times a day is it really worth the gamble? Yeah I get the fact they're all probably made in the same factory in China but at least with the official heads there's probably some real QC going on
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
aviator_13 wrote: To add to the anecdote...I find that when I am replacing my brush (Flexcare Platinum), the new brush is always "stronger" in its vibrations compared to the old one. Not sure if this is due to wear on the motor or battery degradation but I notice what you're describing even within the same model...
good point too. Both my handles are new. The 3 series was bought 3 weeks ago. I had a Flexcare that was like 7 years old and even it felt stronger than the new 3 series. Maybe the 3 series specifically is weaker.
Apr 9, 2008
139 posts
86 upvotes
I buy the E-Cron® replacement heads from Amazon. Drastically cheaper. The 'official' heads are almost comically marked up for a simple piece of plastic - classic razor and blades business strategy. Side by side and when used I can't really tell the difference. A little softer bristles but seems to work just as well. Would I feel better about having OEM product - sure - but given the price discrepancy, meh.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
warpdrive wrote: good point too. Both my handles are new. The 3 series was bought 3 weeks ago. I had a Flexcare that was like 7 years old and even it felt stronger than the new 3 series. Maybe the 3 series specifically is weaker.
The Flexcare is one of the best models they ever have produced IMO, in terms of both durability and overall quality, which is much more than I can say for the actual Diamondclean handle itself.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
w3ssisback wrote: Any good aftermarket alternatives? I know there are cheap ones from Ali/ebay but I'm unsure how safe those are. (Ie: what are they using for the nylon bristles)
These have worked surprisingly well for me -- durable and clean well. I was skeptical at first of course, but have re-ordered multiple times over the years. 4 for $1.80.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Ho ... 57940.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)