[Costco] In-store products with Save On Energy promos [ON]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2018 8:34 am
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
311 posts
1352 upvotes

[Costco] In-store products with Save On Energy promos [ON]

Visited my local Costco today and documented the products with the Save On Energy promo. It's as comprehensive as I could get. There may be a few missing items but this should cover the majority. Feel free to add to the list.
Images
  • IMG_3312.JPG
  • IMG_3315.JPG
  • IMG_3317.JPG
  • IMG_3319.JPG
  • IMG_3321.JPG
  • IMG_3322.JPG
  • IMG_3323.JPG
  • IMG_3324.JPG
  • IMG_3325.JPG
  • IMG_3326.JPG
  • IMG_3327.JPG
  • IMG_3328.JPG
  • IMG_3329.JPG
  • IMG_3331.JPG
  • IMG_3332.JPG
  • IMG_3333.JPG
  • IMG_3337.JPG
  • IMG_3339.JPG
  • IMG_3313.JPG
Last edited by Krime1k on Oct 5th, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
35 replies
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
311 posts
1352 upvotes
The rest.
Images
  • IMG_3340.JPG
  • IMG_3341.JPG
  • IMG_3342.JPG
  • IMG_3840.JPG
Last edited by Krime1k on Oct 22nd, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 11, 2008
914 posts
470 upvotes
Thanks!

This is truly a great post to save me making a trip or knowing to go!

MP

Edit: Whoa, anyone know anything about the wifi smart dimmer 2 pack for 31.99?????
Apr 12, 2018
29 posts
17 upvotes
Got 4 types today at Costco - A19 60w high cri, A19 100W, GU10 and filaments , all Luminus
Folks, please BEWARE - Luminus (so far tested both A19s ) has high frequency flicker !
Easy to view even with iphone slo-mo.
Obviously crappy electronics inside (but what would I expect for the price). Something like this -

So for the garage or something - OK, keeping one pack, but surely not for kids play or dining room. The rest of cr@p gonna be returned.

Will check if Ikea has these savings, their LEDs known to not have flicker
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1204 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
Was this in Ontario?
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
311 posts
1352 upvotes
diav wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:11 pm
Was this in Ontario?
Yes. Newmarket, Ontario.
Nov 16, 2015
173 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto, ON
can anyone comment on the wifi dimmer switches?

would primarily use with google home
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
311 posts
1352 upvotes
ToMWork wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:03 pm
Got 4 types today at Costco - A19 60w high cri, A19 100W, GU10 and filaments , all Luminus
Folks, please BEWARE - Luminus (so far tested both A19s ) has high frequency flicker !
Obviously crappy electronics inside (but what would I expect for the price). Something like this -

So for the garage or something - OK, keeping one pack, but surely not for kids play or dining room. The rest of cr@p gonna be returned.

Just curious what the concern/issue is if the flicker is not visible to the naked eye and only when watched back in slo-mo? I just did the slow mo test on all my LED lights including the Luminus chandelier bulbs I just purchased at Costco (for $1 each) and every single LED light in my house (more than 4 different brands) flicker when played back in slo-mo. Wondering if this is native to all LEDs since it appears so? The only light fixtures that didn't flicker in slo-mo were the incandescent or compact florescent fixtures, but again just curious on what the concern is if the flicker is otherwise undetectable.
Oct 1, 2010
35 posts
8 upvotes
Does anyone see retrofit kit in GTA store?
Nov 14, 2009
234 posts
54 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:28 pm
Just curious what the concern/issue is if the flicker is not visible to the naked eye and only when watched back in slo-mo? I just did the slow mo test on all my LED lights including the Luminus chandelier bulbs I just purchased at Costco (for $1 each) and every single LED light in my house (more than 4 different brands) flicker when played back in slo-mo. Wondering if this is native to all LEDs since it appears so? The only light fixtures that didn't flicker in slo-mo were the incandescent or compact florescent fixtures, but again just curious on what the concern is if the flicker is otherwise undetectable.
The flicker on these lights and other types of light bulbs can be seen by some people and it's very annoying, I happen to be one of them who can see the flicker all the time so these lights would drive me crazy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flicker ... _threshold
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1274 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
ToMWork wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:03 pm

All led flickers. Have you seen commercials of audi?

Doubt audi are using cheap electronics in the LED headlight.

If ur light flickers and you can see it with your own eyes its becaus of the dimmer.
Apr 12, 2018
29 posts
17 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:28 pm
The thing is - even if the brain "cant see it" - it's still affecting the eye on a "hardware" level and it tries to accommodate to ever changing light intensity. Not good for the vision in long term by all means.

And I must admit, that is only a problem of [not necessarily] cheap bulbs - Philips A19, GU10 from Sylvania, and A19 from Ikea that I have in my house have no flicker at all, just a matter of proper electronics inside.
Simple test -
http://nadezhin.ru/lj/pic13b/karand02.jpg