[Costco] In-store products with Save On Energy promos [ON]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2018 8:34 am
Jul 7, 2008
26 posts
7 upvotes
weirdwing wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 10:52 am
Any thoughts on the ceiling fan? Was looking to get one... for next summer... haha
I installed 2 of these through the summer. Had initially bought one, and liked it enough to get another one. Setup is well documented and straight-forward. No noticeable hum from the fan. In the instructions there is a section on how to pair the remote/fan to a unique channel to avoid the second fan being turned on/off from the remote of the first fan.

I'd recommend the fan - am happy with them.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1147 posts
747 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:28 pm
Just curious what the concern/issue is if the flicker is not visible to the naked eye and only when watched back in slo-mo? I just did the slow mo test on all my LED lights including the Luminus chandelier bulbs I just purchased at Costco (for $1 each) and every single LED light in my house (more than 4 different brands) flicker when played back in slo-mo. Wondering if this is native to all LEDs since it appears so? The only light fixtures that didn't flicker in slo-mo were the incandescent or compact florescent fixtures, but again just curious on what the concern is if the flicker is otherwise undetectable.
I don't notice anything yet, but I do know as we get older our eyes are not as good, and we will see the flicker. That is why they usually take those florescent tubes out of old age homes, it drives the elderly crazy.

https://physics.stackexchange.com/quest ... bulbs-have

MP
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1147 posts
747 upvotes
Graywulf wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 11:08 pm
The flicker on these lights and other types of light bulbs can be seen by some people and it's very annoying, I happen to be one of them who can see the flicker all the time so these lights would drive me crazy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flicker ... _threshold
That must suck, all lights flicker but at different frequencies, some we will never see.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
862 posts
2038 upvotes
Stopped by Costco today and saw I'd missed this one, an outdoor smart plug.
Images
  • IMG_3840.JPG
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11045 posts
2599 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2018 1:16 am
Stopped by Costco today and saw I'd missed this one, an outdoor smart plug.
Hoping to find these, none in London, unfortunately.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Sep 7, 2017
250 posts
147 upvotes
Lowes has Luminus bulbs on sale plus rebates. The price is cheaper than Costco.