• Oct 15th, 2020 11:55 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes

Costco store rugs

Hello

Any opinion on in store Costco rugs (the big one in plain colors)? I am in the market for a dark color rug for my basement tv room. Are they good for the money and easy to clean/vacuum?

Thank you
7 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Subscribed, I am looking for one too for the winter. I've been looking at them, I was just going to buy and return if I didn't like it, but I never like doing that.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3661 posts
1080 upvotes
Whitby
I had the shag rug for about 4 years, in a cream colour and overall I would not buy another shag rug. It's not about the quality but I assume its the nature of the rug. After years of wear, the carpet is poofy as it was when you first get it. The fibers tend to stick together and clump up and after awhile I was no longer happy with the rug and went back to a traditional short pile rug.

Note, I consistently vacuumed this rug atleast once or twice a week and it obviously wasn't going to be the same forever.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
Thanks a lot for your opinion on these rugs. I appreciate it
azn_dan wrote: I had the shag rug for about 4 years, in a cream colour and overall I would not buy another shag rug. It's not about the quality but I assume its the nature of the rug. After years of wear, the carpet is poofy as it was when you first get it. The fibers tend to stick together and clump up and after awhile I was no longer happy with the rug and went back to a traditional short pile rug.

Note, I consistently vacuumed this rug atleast once or twice a week and it obviously wasn't going to be the same forever.
Oct 6, 2012
410 posts
129 upvotes
alberta
Hi I bought Orian rug 3 years ago and colors are fading and doesn't look nice. I paid almost $500 and was wondering if anyone is facing the same scenario with Costco Rugs. Someone said return it, but I am hesitating after 3 years of use .
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
westcoastyvr wrote: Lots of shag rugs on sale on costco.ca:

http://www.costco.ca/shag.html
I have one of the brooklyn shag rugs in my bedroom. It feels great under my feet when getting out of bed in the winter. But vacuuming is a bit tough since the strands are quite long.

Overall, I'm happy with it for the price paid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)