Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco - Sunbeam LED Bulbs 7 watts / 3 bulbs $19.99 - $5 OFF WITH OPA COUPON

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2013 3:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 13, 2013
381 posts
125 upvotes

[Costco] Costco - Sunbeam LED Bulbs 7 watts / 3 bulbs $19.99 - $5 OFF WITH OPA COUPON

:arrow:
They're pretty bright and at the unit price of $6.66 it's a good deal. I use these myself and I have no complaints. They dim very well.

ImageImage

ImageImage

October 10th UDPATE: Now the price is even lower with the $5 OPA coupon.
I'm gettin' deals errrrrday. :lol:
25 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
34266 posts
6250 upvotes
Nice. I was told the 2nd product went on sale for $15 but these are good LED prices nonetheless.

I wonder if the first product will fit any receptacle that currently holds a CFL bulb. I tried measuring the diameter with my finger at Costco but never got to check the receptacle dimension out (which should fit an ordinary incandescent bulb).
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14311 posts
1975 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 12:37 am
Nice. I was told the 2nd product went on sale for $15 but these are good LED prices nonetheless.

I wonder if the first product will fit any receptacle that currently holds a CFL bulb. I tried measuring the diameter with my finger at Costco but never got to check the receptacle dimension out (which should fit an ordinary incandescent bulb).
I use these as well and they seem to be able to replace any CFL bulb out there. The design makes it fit universally in any E27 (standard) socket. It's just a tad smaller than a standard light bulb.
Feb 27, 2004
285 posts
8 upvotes
Too dim to be a 60W replacement - need get to get closer to 800-900 lumens before I can go with this in that role.
You'll go broke saving money here....
[OP]
Mar 13, 2013
381 posts
125 upvotes
orion747 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 1:13 am
Too dim to be a 60W replacement - need get to get closer to 800-900 lumens before I can go with this in that role.
Yeah it you're looking for a 60w replacement then this isn't it. It's close but it's not the same.

I have one of these at my staircase hallway and it's bright enough to replace the 13w CFL that use to be there.
I'm gettin' deals errrrrday. :lol:
Nov 5, 2007
986 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
This cannot be "pretty bright". 470 lumens is way too dim and more like ikea light bulbs.
Jun 13, 2009
88 posts
6 upvotes
Just woundring if I can use normal Dimmer switch or any special LED Dimmer switch?
josephhall wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 2:30 am
Yeah it you're looking for a 60w replacement then this isn't it. It's close but it's not the same.

I have one of these at my staircase hallway and it's bright enough to replace the 13w CFL that use to be there.
Mar 14, 2005
427 posts
86 upvotes
I see that packaging and I think Dollar Store, coming soon lol
Jan 13, 2012
299 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
orion747 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 1:13 am
Yes, I saw this deal around 2 weeks ago but I was worried about it ONLY replace 40W not 60W.

BTW I have a related question: for reading book, should I use 40W or 60W ? if 40W is enough, maybe I can buy this LED Bulb.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3460 posts
431 upvotes
Kingston
Can they be used outside? (in a covered fixture of course)
Oct 3, 2013
1 posts
I read the comments about this LED being "too dim". My experience with these is that they are much brighter than the 470 lumens on the box would lead you to believe. You have to buy some to see what I mean. You can buy a new cfl rated at 850 lumens and plug it in next to the 470 lumen sunbeam bulb... the LED is so bright it makes you squint... while the CFL looks like a dingy grey thing that has insufficient light output...

I think the boys at Sunbeam decided to over deliver as they had just one chance to make a mark and so they made it good.

Here is one example... my ensuite bath has a six bulb fixture above the mirror.. I had 6 GLOBE CFLs from Home depot in there putting out 500 lumens each an the room was well lit but not bright. Since buying the LEDs I have been forced to unscrew 3 of the LEDs cause the room is so bright my eyes hurt every night and morning.

Either they are not putting more than 470 lumens.. or the difference is because the LED surfaces face the room.. rather than inside the centre of the bulb like it is with a CFL twister... The cfl is generating light that never really gets to where its needed in the room.

I have been an LED doubter until I installed these.. and the price made it that much better.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
2889 posts
323 upvotes
GTEH!
josephhall wrote:
Jun 29th, 2013 10:25 pm
They're pretty bright and at the unit price of $6.66 it's a good deal. I use these myself and I have no complaints. They dim very well.

ImageImage

ImageImage
And now there's the $5 coupon from Ontario Energy to lower the price to $14.99. :)
😎
Mar 25, 2005
749 posts
203 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
dealhappy wrote:
Jun 30th, 2013 7:44 am
Just woundring if I can use normal Dimmer switch or any special LED Dimmer switch?
I have the chandelier leds on a dimmer.

It works well.

But it is Costco, it says dimmable so if it doesn't work return it.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1453 posts
170 upvotes
Has anyone in Ottawa area saw the 'Globe' one? Merivale only has the Chandelier one on sale
Remember to click the Thanks button if this is helpful to you...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8514 posts
2120 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
If you're looking for true 60W replacements, i.e. ~800 lumens, check out Home Depot. They have 60W-equivalent Cree and Philips bulbs that draw 9W to 12W depending on model. The price is $15 each. But some models are eligible for $5 saveONenergy discounts (in Wynnetario only) so the price is $10 each. Even if the model isn't officially eligible, present the coupon at checkout and chances are good that they'll give you the discount anyway.

I've tried the Cree 60W and can confirm that it's definitely as bright or maybe even brighter than a 60W incandescent. It also disperses light in all directions, unlike earlier LEDs that were very directional. If you have an application like a home office where the light is on for 8 hours a day, this is a no-brainer.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
× < >