Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2005
1329 posts
58 upvotes

[Costco] Costco: Testarossa by Conair Hair Straightener

Testarossa by Conair Hair Straightener Model CS2085C
Price: $14.97
Item # 133461

*Purchased at Markham East location, but its probably the same price at every Costco.

Specs:
- Advanced Ceramic Technology
- Instant heat reached in 30 second
- Size - 1.2 inch wide and 4.3 inch long
- 10 temperature settings and on/off button
- Swivel cord

+ 4 styling clips and heat mat (to protect surface)

My review:
I was looking a a good hair straightener for a long time - specifically one that was about 1 inch wide and able to produce waves in my hair as well. Most of the good ones are over $50 even ones and the cheap ones at CT were really crappy - to get a hair straighter under $50, one might have to go on [rfdlink=63]ebay[/rfdlink]...

This hair straightener is really good. It has an on/off button that I really like so that I don't have to unplug. Also when it is ready to use (30 seconds) the on button turns solid red, so I don't have to guess when it's ready. I used the low settings and it still worked really well in my hair. My favourite thing about this straightener is that I can make waves in my hair too! So for me its a 2 in 1 device :)
My friend also bought one and her hair is realllly curly, she says it works really well making her hair straight.

I think this is can be a awesome gift for ladies/men - something of great value for a low price.
23 replies
Dec 20, 2008
2 posts
1 upvote
Do you have to be a red head to use this?
Mar 25, 2008
125 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks! Do you know what temperature this straightener will heat up to?
Nov 17, 2004
485 posts
11 upvotes
Milton
I just got back for Costco @ Heartland - They have a Testarossa Hair Straightener, but it is $66.99!
Unfortunately, I didn't have the item#, so I couldn't compare.
Anyway, YMMV.........
Jul 25, 2006
452 posts
32 upvotes
It was 14.97 here in Ottawa. Thx for the post, seems like a good deal :)
Mar 25, 2008
125 posts
4 upvotes
Oakville
I checked Dundas and 403 location this afternoon and they still have for 66.99.
Aug 9, 2006
78 posts
Toronto, Scarborough
how hot does it heat up to?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
Personally I like Envirotrends and Trade Secret stores- they always have sales on the professional straighteners.

I have a 1" one from Envirotrends- forget the brand Babyliss maybe? and it heats up to almost 500- but I probably paid $100 for that.

But considering u get hairclips and a heat mat it is a good deal just for that.

Well for $15 it is not a huge loss, but at $60....thats almost salon starting prices!
Jan 18, 2008
601 posts
47 upvotes
No go in Newmarket. It is $66.99. The unit is red, though, and looks to be larger.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2007
1006 posts
37 upvotes
Great deal. I am going to call first to see if we have any in GVR but not seen any on my numerous visits to Costco!
Has anyone seen these in GVR?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2083 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
boubouq wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 11:28 pm
Great deal. I am going to call first to see if we have any in GVR but not seen any on my numerous visits to Costco!
Has anyone seen these in GVR?
I just bought the Conair Testaross HAIR DRYER at the Costco downtown location. I also recall seeing a hair straightener there, but I don't recall if it was the same brand.

For the record, I only noticed because my wife sent me looking for a curling iron....if that salvages my manhood in any way....probably not.
Dec 19, 2005
917 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP! Got one at the Markham location. There were quite a few left, if anyone is interested.

I called the Brampton location and they told me this item is left at Markham and St. Catharines locations only.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2007
1006 posts
37 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2008 12:31 am
I just bought the Conair Testaross HAIR DRYER at the Costco downtown location. I also recall seeing a hair straightener there, but I don't recall if it was the same brand.

For the record, I only noticed because my wife sent me looking for a curling iron....if that salvages my manhood in any way....probably not.
Thanks. I will give them a call to check.
Dec 7, 2002
504 posts
46 upvotes
Just came back from the Richmond, BC Costco...They have the red testarossa but it isn't on sale, looks like a different one, it has a stand included.
× < >