Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

And they are back.... Kirkland Protein Bars $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 9:10 am
Mar 29, 2006
300 posts
180 upvotes
bomberman447 wrote: Never went, I wont be able to check now until the weekend.
I quickly checked Beacon Hill yesterday and didn’t see them.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone sent any complaints directly to Kirkland about the stomach problems?
====================================
Nov 21, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
AHCanada wrote: Finally got around to trying these new Kirkland bars and I'll definitely be returning them. Too bad. The old ones were my favourites.
So would they take them back even if the box was opened?
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
ThisisBischof wrote: So would they take them back even if the box was opened?
Yes, have returned opened food item.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Apr 15, 2018
77 posts
107 upvotes
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone in this thread. After over three weeks of constipation I was finally able to clear up my bowels with a combination of this bar and an extra-strength laxative.
10/10, would recommend.
Aug 16, 2008
129 posts
34 upvotes
ludhi wrote: Anyone sent any complaints directly to Kirkland about the stomach problems?
Does venting in Costco count?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
I just bought a box of these to try out and I think I’m starting to get those infamous gas attacks. Gonna try one more to see whether my coworkers will start suspecting me...

But for those who have returned it, what did you say to the clerk? That you had massive fart attacks from these?
Oct 15, 2017
630 posts
436 upvotes
Canada
freakyflow wrote: I just bought a box of these to try out and I think I’m starting to get those infamous gas attacks. Gonna try one more to see whether my coworkers will start suspecting me...

But for those who have returned it, what did you say to the clerk? That you had massive fart attacks from these?
Costco usually doesn't bat an eye for returns. Just tell them the bars upset your tummy. Sound effects optional.
Feb 8, 2017
35 posts
3 upvotes
I returned them to the one of the Cosco‘s in Ottawa and told them flat out of that it was giving me stomach pains and they said to me “we’ve heard that from other people”. This was closer to Christmas time. They are now back in stock (was there today) but I checked the label and it still had inulin in it
Jun 1, 2013
144 posts
95 upvotes
I returned them recently and had no problem even though I tried two. I really hope they change them since they were a great price/ingredients combo.
Dec 31, 2006
3 posts
The last box I bought back in Feb were giving me massive GI issues. I just bought a new box and will see how it goes. Not sure what happened to these bars but the ones I used to buy before the recall and the ones I bought last summer in the US NEVER bothered me this much. I could not stop farting because of them... Trying again today
Aug 16, 2008
129 posts
34 upvotes
ozzydarmo wrote: The last box I bought back in Feb were giving me massive GI issues. I just bought a new box and will see how it goes. Not sure what happened to these bars but the ones I used to buy before the recall and the ones I bought last summer in the US NEVER bothered me this much. I could not stop farting because of them... Trying again today
so any update on the butt hole ?
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3503 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if there is another thread on this but they are being pulled in Canada again.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
1226 wrote: Not sure if there is another thread on this but they are being pulled in Canada again.
Again? Why can't they get this right? I've never seen a product with so many recalls.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3503 upvotes
Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: Again? Why can't they get this right? I've never seen a product with so many recalls.
Yeah the guy at the membership desk guessed it was a taste issue (he said that's what it was last time). Too many complaints/returns.

If you're looking to find some in Metro Vancouver, Surrey is the only place you'll find them.

Also he checked the states and they are not being pulled there so Bellingham will still be an option (US$17.99 a box).
Last edited by 1226 on Oct 2nd, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
1226 wrote: Yeah the guy at the membership desk guessed it was a taste issue (he said that's what it was last time). Too many complaints/returns.
Most people don't return things based on taste and this is a protein bar what do they expect? I've tasted worse things in my life.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3503 upvotes
Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: Most people don't return things based on taste and this is a protein bar what do they expect? I've tasted worse things in my life.
No idea, I liked both iterations. I grabbed 3 boxes, probably should've gotten more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)