[Costco] And they are back.... Kirkland Protein Bars $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 5:34 pm
Sep 1, 2017
77 posts
63 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:28 am
Yeah because you can cook up an egg at work right.
Right because you are lazy to boil them ahead.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4777 posts
1871 upvotes
sridca wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:47 am
Right because you are lazy to boil them ahead.
Yeah I'd rather be sleeping with a full bladder.
Dec 11, 2005
77 posts
12 upvotes
The best part of this thread is reading the stories about the intestinal issues. I thought I was having problems until I stopped eating them. I did lose weight from only a few bars ;). I then then started reading all posts about similar issues. The gas issue was no joke. Amazing what inulin can do. I do hope Costco changes the recipe, I love the bars.
Dec 14, 2008
701 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Holy shït is this what's been causing all my digestion issues? I thought it was some bad spinach I ate last week. Well shït.
Dec 15, 2013
97 posts
86 upvotes
OTTAWA
I actually have 2 boxes unopened which I will return. I made it halfway through my first box but will toss those bars out (as opposed to returning half a box).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2576 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had the issue also, I took this for 3 days and wondered if I ate something because I had digestion issue on the 2nd day aside from this one since no issue on the first day. Took again on the 3rd day just to rule it out but had the issue. Stopped eating it on the 4th day, no more issue.

Can I return it without the receipt? I ate only 4 bars
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1916 posts
409 upvotes
Calgary
Bought 4 boxes this weekend. No stomach problems at all, not sure what all the fuss is about.

Taste pretty close to the old ones, but MUCH fresher. Compared to the new ones, the old ones taste like they are 5 years stale.
Dec 14, 2008
701 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
canehdianman wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 11:08 am
Bought 4 boxes this weekend. No stomach problems at all, not sure what all the fuss is about.

Taste pretty close to the old ones, but MUCH fresher. Compared to the new ones, the old ones taste like they are 5 years stale.
I do agree they taste fine. Slightly softer/chewier than the previous iteration which isn't a bad thing.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10340 posts
1216 upvotes
Brampton
Tried it out for two weeks. It has 14 grams of fibre which is a huge amount for a protein bar. I went to the washroom daily whenever I had a bar. But fibre is good for you so I dont see it as a negative. It is true though. This makes you have more frequen bowel movements. I didnt experience any gas issues however but I can see it happening. Wont be buying these bars again though.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Jul 22, 2018
24 posts
8 upvotes
EarthViews wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:40 am
Ate a bar in the morning and started sitting on the toilet farting blanks. I picked up a box of Cliff bars instead since they were on sale, and I noticed there wasn't any Kirkland bars anymore. Maybe they got rid of them after so many returns?
Really really hope that might mean they'll rethink the formula...
Dec 20, 2012
409 posts
175 upvotes
Surrey
squall458 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 11:19 am
Tried it out for two weeks. It has 14 grams of fibre which is a huge amount for a protein bar. I went to the washroom daily whenever I had a bar. But fibre is good for you so I dont see it as a negative. It is true though. This makes you have more frequen bowel movements. I didnt experience any gas issues however but I can see it happening. Wont be buying these bars again though.
I ate the American version of these bars with the same amount of fibre, and they didn't cause any sort of gas or frequent bowel movements. These bars are definitely the problem, and it doesn't make sense because the American Kirkland bars are actually made in Canada. Thinking Face
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
4944 posts
1683 upvotes
BrocIlSerbatoio wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 2:28 am
You can return them back to costco even if you ate all of them. Its what I did. The lady didnt even care the box was empty, "reason for return: your bars gave me gas like really bad gas, would you like a sample of how bad?"

Got full refund and dirty looks.
Classy. You're the reason why they raise membership prices but if it keeps people like you out then I'm all for it.
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
Not a Costco member, but was there with a friend...spotted these...they taste WAY better than they did before (but I see they have higher carbs than before)

….certainly better than what WE have to pay for Quest bars (compared to the USA)
Oct 15, 2017
322 posts
208 upvotes
Canada
Matth10 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 2:00 pm
I am tempted to put the rest of these out on the office coffee table Face Screaming In Fear
Haha just do it! Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy