[Costco] And they are back.... Kirkland Protein Bars $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2019 12:51 pm
Nov 17, 2016
39 posts
57 upvotes
metabrah wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 1:42 pm
Any money that you spend of fake-food that comes out of a laboratory is money wasted. If you read my post again, I clearly state that ALL of these bars are crap, regardless of price-point. If you want protein and/or to eat keto, then use that $24 to buy some steak: its real food with real nutritional value.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
May 3, 2011
101 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
The hot deal is on regular clif bars ALWAYS. You see, these clif bars are labeled at “nutritional supplements” and as a result there is no HST. All these other bars you have to add tax on top making the deal colder. Look for the label “nutritional supplement”. Happy hunting - I have only identified regular clif bars to have this label.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6388 posts
50 upvotes
I'm with everyone else here with the stomach cramps. Surprised they haven't just recalled them or fixed it.

I bought 8 boxes that I have to take back now...but I threw away the boxes they came in. Will they refund loose bars? lol
- Private Investigator...
Sep 13, 2015
367 posts
174 upvotes
Spray wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 2:14 pm
I'm with everyone else here with the stomach cramps. Surprised they haven't just recalled them or fixed it.

I bought 8 boxes that I have to take back now...but I threw away the boxes they came in. Will they refund loose bars? lol

I have 3 sealed and 1 open box, i've tried calling Warden store in Scarborough but it's useless you can't even get any humans on the line.
Let's Go Buffalo
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4041 posts
1211 upvotes
Spray wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 2:14 pm

Fixed what? They just fixed these lol.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6388 posts
50 upvotes
Read the thread. The new formula added inulin and is giving everyone gas
ar2020 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 2:35 pm
Fixed what? They just fixed these lol.
- Private Investigator...
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4041 posts
1211 upvotes
Spray wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 2:39 pm
Read the thread. The new formula added inulin and is giving everyone gas
I know that. My point is the bars were recalled for a year and they just came back a week or so ago. I would just find it funny if they get recalled again.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
1124 posts
897 upvotes
EDMONTON
Blubbs wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 11:32 am
These taste amazing and my butthole is fine
I take it back, my butthole is leaking air like crazy
Jul 21, 2009
259 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
I thought I was going crazy with the all the cramps and flatulence I was experiencing and am relieved to see I'm not the only one lol. Costco, my favorite store, how could you do this to us?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1143 posts
371 upvotes
London, ON
I usually use some benefiber that has Inulin - i've never had any stomach pain or a lot of gas

and

I got these 2 days ago -

and my derriere feels like a compressor - and no one wants to sit near me.

wtf
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3037 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure Costco will feel the blowback on these (pun intended) and will hopefully reconfigure them again once all the returns come piling in (again) and everyone stops buying them
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
1124 posts
897 upvotes
EDMONTON
I work from home most of the time. These are delicious and filling. I don't mind living in my own fart cloud. It's comforting
Dec 14, 2007
478 posts
245 upvotes
I’ve sent an email to Costco customer service through their website indenturing the issues with these bars. Someone got back to me already and they are forwarding to the correct person.
If you have time, send them an email.
Jan 8, 2007
462 posts
122 upvotes
Edmonton
After realizing the new formula was causing me so much bloating a gas, I spoke with the manager of my local Costco. He took my information and a lady from their product and control center called me and we had a great chat.

She told me there's many complaints coming from the new formula bars and they likely will be pulling them and using US stock. This is expected to happen middle January '19. She recommends if you're having issues with the bars to return them and _explicitly_ state the reason is gas and bloating from the Inulin. It's how they're tracking it. Enough complaints I suppose might speed up the timeline?

It was reassuring to know Costco actually listened for once.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.