Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco tire sale -- Mar 12-Apr 1 (trucks), Apr 2-May 13 (cars)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2007 10:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga

[Costco] Costco tire sale -- Mar 12-Apr 1 (trucks), Apr 2-May 13 (cars)

Just a heads up for the Costco tire sale coming up soon. There's an ad in the latest Costco Connection magazine that says they'll have the sale from 04/02/07 to 05/13/07, with $60 off a set of 4 Michelin tires and $40 a set of 4 BFGoodrich tires.

Update: The tire sale for "light trucks" starts Mar 12 and ends Apr 1. There are more details here.

You can see pre-coupon prices at http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Tires/Landin ... 0483|20484
(coupon is applied after GST + PST )
30 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2004
2070 posts
40 upvotes
Thanks. Looks good. Time to get new tires this spring..
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
1620 posts
451 upvotes
Thanks OP..nice find..will check it in my local store
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if there will be winter tires at this time? Last year I couldn't buy new winter tires from Costco for my car because of limited production of the odd size from Michelin. I'm mounting them on steelies so it doesn't really matter when I buy it.
Sep 28, 2003
492 posts
27 upvotes
Etobicoke
Aren't Costco tires fairly expensive to begin with? Considering they are a "wholesaler", their tires should be the cheapest before the discount, and as far as I remember they're not.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2459 posts
948 upvotes
Halton
tmleafs26 wrote: Aren't Costco tires fairly expensive to begin with? Considering they are a "wholesaler", their tires should be the cheapest before the discount, and as far as I remember they're not.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe when they make the Kirkland tire instead of Michelin.

Went to US for shopping always is the better idea.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
tmleafs26 wrote: Aren't Costco tires fairly expensive to begin with? Considering they are a "wholesaler", their tires should be the cheapest before the discount, and as far as I remember they're not.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
From my experience, their price is similiar to other tire places, but they include the installation (many tire places charges shop fees, install fees and/or extra for the valves). Also they switch on/off my winter tires for free twice a year and I get about $40 back for a set of $1000 tires with the membership rebate and Costco AE rebate. Add on the $60 rebate I'm getting about 10% back.
Mar 8, 2006
933 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Steelcase in Markham is a great tire shop.
Sep 1, 2006
8 posts
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, with some tires the prices are similar (note that there are many tires that are cheaper). But the price per tire includes: installation, balancing, free lifetime rotations and re-balancing on said tires, new valve stems, and nitrogen inflation. To get the same services at most tire places would cost you $20-40 per tire. Not too mention a return policy that would let you return the tires at a later time if you hated them.....

So in the end you are saving a _minimum_ of $80+ on a set of tires.
Mar 6, 2006
466 posts
118 upvotes
Kelowna
[quote="pandaharo" post_id="4759124" time="1173211934" user_id="21060"]Also they switch on/off my winter tires for free twice a year QUOTE]

Do all Costcos do this? Did you have to buy both sets of tires from them or just the winters? I hate having to pay for mounting the winters each year.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
weekendwally wrote: Do all Costcos do this? Did you have to buy both sets of tires from them or just the winters? I hate having to pay for mounting the winters each year.
Yes, all Costcos will do this but you need to have each set of tires on their own set of rims and at least one set of tires has to be purchased from Costco. So it ends up being just like a tire rotation, which they do for free.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5057 posts
4990 upvotes
Toronto
pandaharo wrote: Anyone know if there will be winter tires at this time? Last year I couldn't buy new winter tires from Costco for my car because of limited production of the odd size from Michelin. I'm mounting them on steelies so it doesn't really matter when I buy it.
My understanding is that manufacturers don't make winter tires all year around, so the supply of winter tires run out, you'll have to wait for next year; they can't just order more for you. By April, I'm sure it would be difficult to find a particular brand in a particular size, unless you're open to accepting whatever model is left in the warehouse.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2003
1047 posts
19 upvotes
Costco typically has a sale on winter tires in October. They get rid of their winter tire stock by the end of February, so you will have to wait until October for them to return.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
3006 posts
208 upvotes
tonyliu126 wrote: can i ask refund after Apr 2?

Thx
why not just wait, they probably will, but if every single person continues to abuse their return policy they are going to change it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
Thanx OP Will check them out :)
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17115 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
Do they have Eagle F1 GS D3 in 18"?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
Costco do have these sales fairly often. If it's like their usual winter sale, the rebate applies to other michelin retailers.

Aside from membership fees if you aren't one, costco prices are competitive but it doesn't hurt to shop around if it's a manufaturer rebate deal.
Nov 11, 2004
48 posts
Vancouver
You can order tires via http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Tires/Landin ... 0483|20484
and get an idea of how much it's going to cost.

I ordered tires from the Bellingham, WA Costco last month when they had $60 coupon for Michelin tires. I ordered via costco.com and they email'ed me when they arrived at the store. I bought 4 Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 205/50 R16 (V-rated) tires after taxes/coupon/exchange for $867 CDN. I think this was an awesome deal considering the same tires at costco.ca sold for $1020 CDN! I was curious to see how much Kal-Tire was selling the tires...$1350 TAXES IN!

plus if you get tires from costco you get lifetime tire rotation.

bumbo singh