[Costco] Top Grain Leather Power Reclining Sofa and Loveseat

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 3:01 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1327 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if anyone can comment on Capprio vs Manwah Keegan sofa. Cannot decide between the two.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7728 posts
3883 upvotes
ON
krypton wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 10:27 pm
Wondering if anyone can comment on Capprio vs Manwah Keegan sofa. Cannot decide between the two.
Probably all the same underneath, some styling difference on the sides/armrests. Capprio fits a more modern contemporary look. It all depends on how it fits with the rest of your furniture, doubt there's any difference in quality/comfort. For a condo I'd go with Capprio since space is always an issue with shoeboxes they build nowadays. Keegan requires an extra 2" spacing from the wall for full operation.
Oct 25, 2001
388 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know where’s a good place to find just a power recline love seat (with power headrest)?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7728 posts
3883 upvotes
ON
Miguel Sánchez wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 7:43 am
Anyone know where’s a good place to find just a power recline love seat (with power headrest)?
I personally have never seen a power headrest one. Most are mechanical with a ratchet type locking system. If I had to guess, Lazyboy might have them .
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1327 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 6:19 am
Probably all the same underneath, some styling difference on the sides/armrests. Capprio fits a more modern contemporary look. It all depends on how it fits with the rest of your furniture, doubt there's any difference in quality/comfort. For a condo I'd go with Capprio since space is always an issue with shoeboxes they build nowadays. Keegan requires an extra 2" spacing from the wall for full operation.
Thank you. Looks like Capprio is 99 cm wide but requires 9cm wall proximity = 108 cm but length when fully reclined is: 163 cm
Keegan is 96.6 cm wide but requires 12.7 cm of wall proximity to fully recline = 109.3 cm but full reclined depth: 170.2 cm
So they are similar in size when not reclined, but Keegan is larger when fully reclined.
Seems like they similar in quality but I was a bit thrown off because Capprio is $600 more expensive (regular price)
I wonder if the leather in Capprio is more prone to wrinkles (or it's just the picture)
Picture from Costco website
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7728 posts
3883 upvotes
ON
krypton wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 10:10 am
Thank you. Looks like Capprio is 99 cm wide but requires 9cm wall proximity = 108 cm but length when fully reclined is: 163 cm
Keegan is 96.6 cm wide but requires 12.7 cm of wall proximity to fully recline = 109.3 cm but full reclined depth: 170.2 cm
So they are similar in size when not reclined, but Keegan is larger when fully reclined.
Seems like they similar in quality but I was a bit thrown off because Capprio is $600 more expensive (regular price)
I wonder if the leather in Capprio is more prone to wrinkles (or it's just the picture)
Picture from Costco website
Hard to say. They're both top grain so the quality should be very similar.
Feb 20, 2014
74 posts
29 upvotes
ekashyap wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 7:52 am
We bought the Elmhurst power recliner sofa and loveseat from Costco. The price for that kind of leather was cheaper than other specialty furniture stores. It was a leap of faith to order a sofa without seeing or sitting on it but it all turned ok in the end. The looks, fit and finish are first rate. We have received a lot of compliments on this set.

https://www.costco.ca/Elmhurst-Top-Grai ... 86901.html

You can't go wrong with any Costco set really. If you don't like it, you can always return it with free shipping ...it's a bit cumbersome but it's good to know that option exists.
I cannot find where on the costco website that the return shipping is free.. can you point me to the link? I'm assuming they will come and pick it up without charge? THANKS!!
Oct 25, 2001
388 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 7:54 am
I personally have never seen a power headrest one. Most are mechanical with a ratchet type locking system. If I had to guess, Lazyboy might have them .
https://www.costco.ca/Parkside-Grey-Fab ... 06958.html

This has it but only comes in 2pc and 3pc sets, and is not leather.

I guess I have to go to a dedicated furniture store.
Aug 23, 2016
143 posts
440 upvotes
I never had a couch like this before. How would you wash it? It doesn't look like the pillows come out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7728 posts
3883 upvotes
ON
CupofJava wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 3:32 pm
I never had a couch like this before. How would you wash it? It doesn't look like the pillows come out.
It's leather, WTH are you going to wash ? You just wipe it down and it's good to go.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7728 posts
3883 upvotes
ON
Miguel Sánchez wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 2:49 pm
https://www.costco.ca/Parkside-Grey-Fab ... 06958.html

This has it but only comes in 2pc and 3pc sets, and is not leather.

I guess I have to go to a dedicated furniture store.
The headrests on that one don't even look like they move, where do you see the "power headrest" ? Description does mention it but it doesn't show in the pics.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30098 posts
1351 upvotes
Fernando Po
Don't find the style very appealing.
Dec 24, 2018
12 posts
6 upvotes
Just bought the Capprio sofa. Hope it is decent quality. if not, it will be going back to Costco.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1327 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Hancerx wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 9:23 pm
Just bought the Capprio sofa. Hope it is decent quality. if not, it will be going back to Costco.
Which one ?