Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TRICO Ice Extreme Winter Weather Wiper Blades 11.99 - 14.99 + Free Ship No Membership

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 8:32 am
Nov 18, 2014
288 posts
262 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks! Bought them again this year. Was 1$ more than last year though...
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1774 posts
178 upvotes
Dunnedawg wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:06 pm
Part Source will price match Costco and has a promotion right now where they will install for free and fill your windshield washer fluid up to 3.78 litres for free
I love free installation but do they carry this brand ?
Jan 30, 2006
202 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
ordered a pair for my car :)

thanks for op :)
Dec 7, 2013
186 posts
107 upvotes
These are universally $3 off per piece, and they are excellent for the winter.

You don't need to be a member to buy these.

Price includes shipping.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10144 posts
701 upvotes
Mississauga
93srvman wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:24 pm
I wouldn't. Winter wiper blades have a rubber cover going around the frame to help combat ice/snow build up. Leaving them on in the summer time the rubber will quickly dry out , crack and eventually tear, flapping around after from the sun exposure+heat. Visually it doesn't look great. I'd recommend swapping out your summer/winter wiper blades when you do your other maintenance (winter tires.. winter mats etc.)
Aren't all wiper blades made of rubber though? And since you should replace your wipers annually anyway, leaving them on for the summer should be fine.
Jan 18, 2008
767 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
I wouldn't. Winter wiper blades have a rubber cover going around the frame...
Also they're not particularly (i.e. not at all) aerodynamic, so if your 3-season wipers are aerodynamic (to press them tighter to the glass at highway speeds) or multi-blade, you'll find winter wipers less satisfactory.

=aw
Jun 29, 2009
65 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg
They are advertised on the Part Source website
Oct 13, 2001
459 posts
19 upvotes
Fredericton
I am assuming you do not have these wiper blades nor have even looked at images of them, they are not your regular winter blades with rubber boot covering the metal frame. They look identical to a standard beam type blade. I had them on 2 vehicles since last November and will be replacing them now when my order arrives.

93srvman wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:24 pm
I wouldn't. Winter wiper blades have a rubber cover going around the frame to help combat ice/snow build up. Leaving them on in the summer time the rubber will quickly dry out , crack and eventually tear, flapping around after from the sun exposure+heat. Visually it doesn't look great. I'd recommend swapping out your summer/winter wiper blades when you do your other maintenance (winter tires.. winter mats etc.)
May 27, 2008
102 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
dirk wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:28 am
I am assuming you do not have these wiper blades nor have even looked at images of them, they are not your regular winter blades with rubber boot covering the metal frame. They look identical to a standard beam type blade. I had them on 2 vehicles since last November and will be replacing them now when my order arrives.
Thanks Dirk, I see that now. I was assuming these were your typical winter specific blade.

My order arrived Thursday night, they are sitting in front of me waiting until its not - 10 to be installed. :)

Personally I will still be taking these off and replacing them with our still good 3 season blades come spring time, as these come in at a premium. But yes, they should hold up just fine in the summer time if you decided to leave them on.
Feb 8, 2015
648 posts
253 upvotes
North York, ON
Re: Winter blades versus Summer blades the winter blades have a softer rubber much like winter tires allowing them to be more flexible in colder temps. In summer they will wear out quickly again like winter tires. I use both summer and winter blades according to temps. Winter blades usually good for 2 seasons, summer blades changed annually.
Jul 3, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone received these as yet? I ordered a pair over a week ago and they havn't even been shipped yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4225 posts
297 upvotes
Just received my set yesterday. I ordered 8 blades in total. 4 fronts and 4 rears for 2 cars. (Needed to reach $100 to use the Masterpass discount)

I'm very happy to report that they work FANTASTIC on my 2010 Acura RDX and 2013 Hyundai Accent.

I previously had Bosch ICONs on both cars, they were decent on the RDX, but garbage on the Accent. I had Bosch oems for the rear too, didn't perform well, especially on the RDX.

I'm totally sold on Trico brand. These winter front wipers and non-winter rear wipers work so well in both my vehicles.

Worst part is retail, the Bosch are so much more expensive, double the price of these! (I didn't pay close to retail)

Thanks OP!!!
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra