Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] TRICO Ice Extreme Winter Weather Wiper Blades 11.99 - 14.99 + Free Ship No Membership

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:48 am
Mar 6, 2006
520 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
I usually buy Toyota inserts which work well on my Sienna (much better than any third party I've tried).
Just got another pair from a dealership and found that they started to be more expensive ($10 a piece).
Looking at all these positive reviews decided to try a pair of TRICO just for the winter period, hoping they would handle better the snow and ice.
In the case, they don't perform well -> back to Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6759 posts
975 upvotes
I got them last year too, on a car I hardly drove and only for short trips once / twice a week and just noticed they were already streaking pretty bad.... so note that these will only lasted one year....
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:05 pm
Thanks, OP. Ordered a pair for my car. It's been about a year since I changed them, so it was due.
Last edited by hdom on Nov 3rd, 2017 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Feb 26, 2008
128 posts
103 upvotes
Surrey
steved54321 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:00 am
No one could answer if OEM wiper blades are better than these ones. I must say I use OEM Honda wiper blades on my Accord and if replaced before winter they do last the whole winter and much more at least a full year round.
So why would someone buy these if OEM wiper blades are good enough? Since no one answered my question, which is the same question another poster asked, I'm just going to get Honda OEM blades. Thanks all :)
Likely it is because the OEM wiper blades were not performing well. There are instances where aftermarket works better than the OEM blades. Mazda has the worst wiper blades I've ever used. Pretty much junk. So, I swapped them out for aftermarket blades. Doesn't matter which brand I got, they all worked better than the OEM Mazda.

If you're blades are working fine for you, there is no reason to switch them.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
rancid82 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 12:06 pm
Likely it is because the OEM wiper blades were not performing well. There are instances where aftermarket works better than the OEM blades. Mazda has the worst wiper blades I've ever used. Pretty much junk. So, I swapped them out for aftermarket blades. Doesn't matter which brand I got, they all worked better than the OEM Mazda.

If you're blades are working fine for you, there is no reason to switch them.
Depends on which Mazda oem blades, the ones that come with car are good, the replacement they sell here at dealers are their Mazda "value line" which are cheap to buy but cheap in quality too
Feb 1, 2009
822 posts
106 upvotes
Markham, GTA
Thanks OP. The OEM blades on my Forester are 2.5 years old and I just got a full new set of rubber inserts (3 pieces) from the stealership -- cost was $40+. Got the Trico to give it a try and compare.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Jul 5, 2007
187 posts
77 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Package just arrived, 7 of the 8 wipers ordered were in the box....packing list says there are 8 however.

Edit: Costco contacted vendor, they're sending out the missing one.
Last edited by Contemplating on Nov 3rd, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5266 posts
661 upvotes
Anyone use these on a 2014+ Sentra? They have a 28" and 15". It is really hard to find a driver side what will hold the windshield right for the entire swipe. Any experience?
Nov 21, 2012
90 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
Received from UPS took 2-3 days - they seems smooth on a Dodge Grand Caravan. Thanked OP :)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1057 posts
493 upvotes
Beaverton
softech wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:46 pm
ordered online yesterday.. first time buying from Costco.ca. The order has been in received stage for over 24 hours ... would Costco update the status at all or it just slow???
No status update. Costco packages generally arrive shipped via UPS. (2-3 business days is typically the timeframe)
Feb 11, 2017
43 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks OP. Ordered on 2nd still waiting for shipped.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1086 posts
243 upvotes
Edmonton
They will, just often isn't timely as all the vendors do it, not Costco, since they're not the ones shipping it.
Jul 21, 2008
366 posts
234 upvotes
GTA
eriken wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 6:20 am
Received from UPS took 2-3 days - they seems smooth on a Dodge Grand Caravan. Thanked OP :)
Do wipers have a relatively long shelf life? I’m wondering if I should get a second set for next year and store them in the meantime.