• Oct 7th, 2011 10:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 6, 2005
105 posts
7 upvotes

Costco Turkeys?

A co-worker mentioned he always gets his turkey from Costco the week before Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any experience with Costco turkeys? Do they have frozen, stuffed, fresh or all of the above?

Thank you very much.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
3951 posts
575 upvotes
Markham
I think they only carry Fresh. Not stuffed either.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5002 posts
528 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
scoober140 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2011 2:57 pm
A co-worker mentioned he always gets his turkey from Costco the week before Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any experience with Costco turkeys? Do they have frozen, stuffed, fresh or all of the above?

Thank you very much.

They have all three, depending on location .
They seem to be insanely busy on weekends, so go early.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5545 posts
817 upvotes
jayt90 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2011 4:38 pm
They seem to be insanely busy on weekends, so go early.
Or late. The only time I brave Costco on Saturday is between 5:15 and 6pm., Sunday, 4:30-5.
Nov 4, 2006
750 posts
67 upvotes
I've seen Fresh Turkeys a week or two before a major holiday (i.e. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc). And I've seen Frozen (unstuffed) Turkey from Lilydale carried year long, but their huge! Usually 10kg or more.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
16137 posts
3584 upvotes
I always get my turkeys from 4pack. Sadly... they're only available around Turkey based holidays.
Mine only has fresh ones and almost always run out. If they don't, there's a wicked sale afterwards. I swear I eat more turkey after turkey based holidays than before.
Jan 12, 2009
316 posts
13 upvotes
I took a look at the turkeys at Costco Markham today. I can't speak to the quality of the Costco turkeys, but they were $4.99/kg for the fresh. It was injected with water (I think it was around 5%, but I don't remember for sure). Anyway you can find better deals in the flyers.
Jan 21, 2011
96 posts
11 upvotes
They have Fresh Kirkland turkeys, and frozen lillydales.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1790 posts
241 upvotes
GTA
this might be abit off topic but honestly you don't save much from costco. just go to no frills or food basics.. you end up saving more there. On top of that, they're increasing the membership fees this upcoming year. When you end up buying in bulk, you'll get ripped off on certain things that you get overcharged!
× < >