Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

U-shaped desk (Bestar Logan) - $369.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 3:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster

[Costco] U-shaped desk (Bestar Logan) - $369.99

This is not listed on the costco website, and I'm not sure whether this is on sale or just regular price, but the Bestar Logan U-shaped desk is currently priced at $369.99. I'm not sure there's any cheaper U-shaped desks out there. The U-shaped desk can also be assembled as an L-shaped desk and a larger "conference" table that you can move wherever -- by "conference" though they mean 2 people front-and-back.
It's not the largest desk but looks functional. Good for home offices if your room isn't that large. It comes in two boxes and are quite heavy so bring a friend.
I've assembled the desk part and it feels quite sturdy -- much better than the rickety-ness you find in Ikea tables/desks.

The one linked/listed online includes the lateral file and the bookcase, but is much more expensive.

Stock number is 390200 (call them to ask...they can look it up). There is at least 2 in Markham and 8 in Ancaster.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
It is, but comparatively cheaper than anything else similar on the market, that I can find at least.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
1179 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton
would you mind posting the dimensions of this unit for me?
I'm interested, just not sure it will fit in my space.

Thanks
Nov 23, 2012
471 posts
391 upvotes
Brossard
I own the Bestar "Sutton" line and am very pleased with look and quality.

The pieces are 1" thick. The finish/veneer has been durable. I think Bestar represents good value for the product. That said.... regular price?...

They do go on sale every so often (once a year?). I think it was on sale not too long ago. If you are not in a hurry, I would sit out until the rebate (that is what I did)
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Think it was 340-350 last week
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
I have a Bestar L shaped desk. Same materials I would imagine. Quality is great, we've had ours for over 8 years and has survived a move without damage. Still solid as the day we got it.

I would say it's a good price for a U shaped desk, even if it wasn't on sale.
Nov 11, 2003
542 posts
194 upvotes
Scarb
Probably not regular price when the Bestar Sutton L-shaped desk (https://www.costco.ca/Bestar---Sutton-G ... 76757.html) is normally $470 and the on sale price of the L-Shaped desk was $350 so this would be a great price for the U-shaped.

I just bought the L-shaped desk recently when it was on sale in August.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
mtlmonk: It's been the same price for the past two weeks -- I know because I was going to buy it last week but couldn't find the time to go carry it out of Costco.
blazerzr2 the length of the U is 66"; width of the U is 95.5"; height is 66.5". I attached the pamphlet which details the dimensions in greater detail for the different possible configurations
dimensions.jpg
semi-assembled.jpg

Otherwise, yeah I couldn't wait so I had to get it at this price. If it was on sale it must've been prior to last week when I first noticed it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7479 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
i was waiting and watching for Costco to have a sale on this desk for the past 4 years or so, i never saw it on sale once, price is always $369
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
I have this desk, great value for the price. Normally desks like this are $700+.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1843 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any displays in store to see the colour?
MechanicalMan64
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Are there any displays in store to see the colour?
Some locations have a miniature version on display. By miniature. I mean the action figure toy sized desk.

I have had this exact same desk for 4 years and it's amazing. The L shape desk is currently in one of the second floor bedrooms that is 11 by 10 ft in size. It fits nicely but will not fit the full U shape desk unless you want no space left.

The conference desk is in another bedroom and I use it as a standalone desk as my wife and I need an office each.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 28, 2011
351 posts
137 upvotes
TORONTO
I've got two of the Bestar Shefford U shaped desks and all of the accompanying bookshelves and they are amazing quality. Feels brand new after 3 years and so sturdy. Bought the desks in store, I feel like they were on sale though and cheaper than this in Markham.
Images
  • IMG_20151225_150840.jpg
Banned
Jul 20, 2017
33 posts
26 upvotes
Is the middle part movable if I wanted the U shaped on the right side rather than the left.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2984 posts
2445 upvotes
Mississauga
zep87065 wrote: Is the middle part movable if I wanted the U shaped on the right side rather than the left.
You can setup to swing right or left as you build it. It didn't move post build. You have to disassemble part of it to shift. This model had the shelf in the middle (on the hutch) and looks better imo
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Jul 16, 2009
22 posts
34 upvotes
Does this come with keyboard pullout? I don't see one from the pics. Kind of a deal breaker for me.
Sep 17, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
i have this desk and no there is no Keyboard pull out, happy with the desk, but boy it was a pain to set up if you're doing it by yourself, Ikea levels of frustration.
Aug 9, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
Hmm I guess i need to see my optometrist because price I can read is $879.99
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
coolsid wrote: Hmm I guess i need to see my optometrist because price I can read is $879.99
That's because as OP felixdd pointed out in his OP below - the one linked includes the lateral file and bookcase - which is much more expensive..

The desk is for the U desk only - no bookcase or file cabinets...

This looks good actually - might be exactly what I am looking for in my basement...I like the colour (dark brown) - not too fussed with actual colour....close enough is good for me...
felixdd wrote: This is not listed on the costco website, and I'm not sure whether this is on sale or just regular price, but the Bestar Logan U-shaped desk is currently priced at $369.99. I'm not sure there's any cheaper U-shaped desks out there. The U-shaped desk can also be assembled as an L-shaped desk and a larger "conference" table that you can move wherever -- by "conference" though they mean 2 people front-and-back.
The one linked/listed online includes the lateral file and the bookcase, but is much more expensive.

Stock number is 390200 (call them to ask...they can look it up). There is at least 2 in Markham and 8 in Ancaster.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)