Price:
US$600
Savings:
US$150 off
Expiry:
May 12, 2019
Retailer:
Costco US
The Arlo Pro 2 five camera bundle is US$150 off at Costco US, for a price of US$600. This is approximately C$870 after tax. This is the 1080p version of the Arlo camera, comes with 5 cameras, base station, as well as several peripheral accessories. We've been eyeing the Arlo system for a while now and this is the best price for the Arlo 2 if you need this many cameras. We need five for our home so this is perfect for us.

Costco US only ships to the US so you need a PO box or shipping address in the US.

The same set on Costco Canada is selling for C$1249: https://www.costco.ca/Arlo-Pro-2-Wire-f ... 23331.html

What's in the box?
• (5) Wire-Free HD Cameras with Audio
• (5) Rechargeable Batteries
• (1) Camera power adapter
• (1) Camera Power Cable
• (1) Base station with a built-in siren
• (1) Battery Charging Station
• (1) Ethernet cable
• (5) Wall mounts
• (3) Wall mount screw sets
• (3) Black UV-resistant silicone skins
• (2) Outdoor mount (Black)
• (2) Outdoor mount screw set
• (1) Quick start guide
• (1) Window decal
39 replies
Apr 29, 2007
181 posts
30 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 2:03 am
This is basically a YMMV depending on if you have a PO box in the US or not. People who live close to the border can still benefit from this, like myself :)
I still don't see why this should be on a Canadian deal site if you have to go to another country to get it. What do you tell the border guard when they ask you what you have to declare and the value of goods, in Canadian funds, after you pick it up, on your way back?
--
Here is nowhere
Time is now
Oct 12, 2008
806 posts
1325 upvotes
Markham
pipegrep wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 3:37 am
I still don't see why this should be on a Canadian deal site if you have to go to another country to get it. What do you tell the border guard when they ask you what you have to declare and the value of goods, in Canadian funds, after you pick it up, on your way back?
You tell them the truth? Then pay taxes just like you would pay in Canada if you bought the $1249 set. Where's the dilemma?

That said, this deal is not amazing or anything. BestBuy discounts it from time to time too.
May 5, 2008
82 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
pipegrep wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 3:37 am
I've never in my life declared in CAD and I've crossed the border over 1000 times. Let them figure it out if you say 600.
Dec 29, 2017
83 posts
25 upvotes
I don't mind seeing HOT US deals, thanks OP! Brother-in-law is going to Florida so I could get him to bring it back without paying duty.
Apr 12, 2017
106 posts
109 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
I have an Arlo system, overall it does its job but I'm afraid the developers do not listen to the community at all, everything seems to be done very half-assed.
The app is sluggish, the two way communication is 100% useless (lag is atrocious no matter how good your network connection is), and take a look at this thread about a very desired option that gets ignored: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea ... 389#M14890
I would choose a different company if I could do it all over again.
Mar 3, 2015
198 posts
228 upvotes
King City

I've been looking for a security camera set and thislooks like a decent deal for me. I have family in the US and I also get paid in USD so this is a very relevant deal for me.

Okay enough ranting. I have a question about these cameras. How is the signal? I bought a set of wireless Lorex cameras last summer but had to return them because the base station was getting very poor signal from the cameras. It seemed like either an issue of distance or because of shielding or a combination of both. I wanna know how the signal is on these
Last edited by MrDisco on Apr 22nd, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
210 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver
Dave510 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 4:27 am
You tell them the truth? Then pay taxes just like you would pay in Canada if you bought the $1249 set. Where's the dilemma?

That said, this deal is not amazing or anything. BestBuy discounts it from time to time too.
Oh really, what's the cheapest you've seen for the pro 2 on a per camera basis? We were following the pro 2 for the while and we've never seen it this cheap, especially with the outdoor mounts included, but maybe we just aren't checking all the right places :/

We saw the original Arlo Pro for $650 for 4 cameras at Best Buy, but the original Pro only has a 720p resolution.
Mar 14, 2019
1 posts
thanks will buy, great deal for arlo.

Don't know why there is any problem with posting US especially since it's in the title. If you aren't going to get a US deal then just ignore it? People who can drive to the US like myself can use this information.
Nov 29, 2006
890 posts
218 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 2:38 am
Oh really, what's the cheapest you've seen for the pro 2 on a per camera basis? We were following the pro 2 for the while and we've never seen it this cheap, especially with the outdoor mounts included, but maybe we just aren't checking all the right places :/

We saw the original Arlo Pro for $650 for 4 cameras at Best Buy, but the original Pro only has a 720p resolution.
$150 USD per camera at this point in time seems to be the best price you can get right now, so if anybody wanted it now, it's a good deal. The Arlo Pro is following the footsteps of the original Arlo. A good sale for the Arlo Pro would be about $100-$110 USD per camera.

Right now, this deal from costco around that price: https://www.costco.com/Arlo-Pro-Smart-H ... 40335.html

The original Arlo when the Arlo Pro came out, eventually went to under $90 USD per camera. I think if I remember correctly, it was about $80 or so but can't claim that I remember exactly. I would expect the Arlo Pro to also reduce in price to the sub $100 per camera. I also expect the Arlo Pro 2 to come down to about $125 USD per camera before any new generations come out like the Arlo Pro did (before the Arlo Pro 2 came out).

Nonetheless, great deal for the ArloPro2...
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1216 posts
302 upvotes
TheSheldor wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 12:51 pm

I've been looking for a security camera set and thislooks like a decent deal for me. I have family in the US and I also get paid in USD so this is a very relevant deal for me.

Okay enough ranting. I have a question about these cameras. How is the signal? I bought a set of wireless Lorex cameras last summer but had to return them because the base station was getting very poor signal from the cameras. It seemed like either an issue of distance or because of shielding or a combination of both. I wanna know how the signal is on these
The base signal is not too strong. My house is about 1100 sq ft and it does reach all cameras places on the perimeter outside the first floor with the base placed in the middle of the house but the connection starts getting wonky if you out the camera is places on the 2nd floor perimeter.
Last edited by MrDisco on Apr 22nd, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Aug 10, 2013
255 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga
freakyflow wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 7:38 am
The base signal is not too strong. My house is about 1100 sq ft and it does reach all cameras places on the perimeter outside the first floor with the base placed in the middle of the house but the connection starts getting wonky if you out the camera is places on the 2nd floor perimeter.
This is scary!
I better passed!
Thanks!
Aug 10, 2013
255 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga
ktkn wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 5:05 am
$150 USD per camera at this point in time seems to be the best price you can get right now, so if anybody wanted it now, it's a good deal. The Arlo Pro is following the footsteps of the original Arlo. A good sale for the Arlo Pro would be about $100-$110 USD per camera.

Right now, this deal from costco around that price: https://www.costco.com/Arlo-Pro-Smart-H ... 40335.html

The original Arlo when the Arlo Pro came out, eventually went to under $90 USD per camera. I think if I remember correctly, it was about $80 or so but can't claim that I remember exactly. I would expect the Arlo Pro to also reduce in price to the sub $100 per camera. I also expect the Arlo Pro 2 to come down to about $125 USD per camera before any new generations come out like the Arlo Pro did (before the Arlo Pro 2 came out).

Nonetheless, great deal for the ArloPro2...
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Aug 10, 2013
255 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga
pinkrose398 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 12:52 am
The Arlo Pro 2 five camera bundle is US$150 off at Costco US, for a price of US$600. This is approximately C$870 after tax. This is the 1080p version of the Arlo camera, comes with 5 cameras, base station, as well as several peripheral accessories. We've been eyeing the Arlo system for a while now and this is the best price for the Arlo 2 if you need this many cameras. We need five for our home so this is perfect for us.

Costco US only ships to the US so you need a PO box or shipping address in the US.

The same set on Costco Canada is selling for C$1249: https://www.costco.ca/Arlo-Pro-2-Wire-f ... 23331.html

What's in the box?
• (5) Wire-Free HD Cameras with Audio
• (5) Rechargeable Batteries
• (1) Camera power adapter
• (1) Camera Power Cable
• (1) Base station with a built-in siren
• (1) Battery Charging Station
• (1) Ethernet cable
• (5) Wall mounts
• (3) Wall mount screw sets
• (3) Black UV-resistant silicone skins
• (2) Outdoor mount (Black)
• (2) Outdoor mount screw set
• (1) Quick start guide
• (1) Window decal
For a long time, I am looking for good security system for my house just like Op .....
The moment I saw your post, I got excited. I was planning a trip to do cross border shopping. However I saw another post complaining about the weak signal, battery,& snooze issues. I am scared.
You should do a better research and check whether Arlo Pro 2 is really good system to buy. I wish you will not regret. Thanks Op anyway. I am still debating whether I should spend a trip to US!