Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco US

Arlo Pro 2 - 5 pack camera bundle with accessories US$600

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 2:51 pm
Apr 5, 2009
636 posts
1292 upvotes
Vancouver
TheSheldor wrote: Well correct me if I'm wrong but US is only a 1-2 hour drive for many of us and a lot of people on RFD head down fairly often. On the other hand, Austrialia is on the other side of the world and the majority of us will never head there
Yes this! I live within 30 minutes of the border... close enough to go there to get gas and avoid the $1.70/litre price in the GVA.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
bonegraft wrote:
This is scary!
I better passed!
Thanks!
bonegraft wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience.
I should clarify though (typo on my part) I meant to say my 1st floor is 1100 sq for and my house with 2 floors =2200sq ft. What I was trying to depict was the range of the base on 1st floor comparative to sq ft since my cameras are all leveled on 1st floor.

Also, one of the 4 cameras do not sync anymore (and battery does not charge fully to 100%) and I am dreading to call Arlo support since I’ve heard bad experiences.
Aug 10, 2013
522 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
freakyflow wrote: I should clarify though (typo on my part) I meant to say my 1st floor is 1100 sq for and my house with 2 floors =2200sq ft. What I was trying to depict was the range of the base on 1st floor comparative to sq ft since my cameras are all leveled on 1st floor.

Also, one of the 4 cameras do not sync anymore (and battery does not charge fully to 100%) and I am dreading to call Arlo support since I’ve heard bad experiences.
I feel very sorry for you.
Now I am very scare!
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
bonegraft wrote: This is scary!
I better passed!
Thanks!
No need to worry. You can always buy it and test it. If it really doesn't work well, it's Costco... so you can return it. You can even return at a Costco in Canada. You just have to use their exchange rates which can't be that bad, especially for the added convenience.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
Any other wireless security cameras people would recommend?
Nov 20, 2010
460 posts
675 upvotes
shadarap wrote: I have an Arlo system, overall it does its job but I'm afraid the developers do not listen to the community at all, everything seems to be done very half-assed.
The app is sluggish, the two way communication is 100% useless (lag is atrocious no matter how good your network connection is), and take a look at this thread about a very desired option that gets ignored: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea ... 389#M14890
I would choose a different company if I could do it all over again.
Totally agree, I only have the arlo pro though. But god they suck with a passion... The battery life is terrible in the winter. Like netgear but they really need to change up the arlo. All 3 of my cams are dead after 2 yrs use.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
purplekush604 wrote: Any other wireless security cameras people would recommend?

There are pros and cons with any of the home security camera systems. However, Arlo is the only one that offers a usable free tier (1 week of recordings). All other cameras I have looked into only offer 1-2 days storage so you have to add the cost of cloud subscription to the price of the system ($6-15/month).

Battery issues can be fixed if you hardwire the cameras to a power source. But having the flexibility to mount it completely wireless is a huge plus. You can place them up in trees or wherever without having to run cables.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
goozy1 wrote: There are pros and cons with any of the home security camera systems. However, Arlo is the only one that offers a usable free tier (1 week of recordings). All other cameras I have looked into only offer 1-2 days storage so you have to add the cost of cloud subscription to the price of the system ($6-15/month).

Battery issues can be fixed if you hardwire the cameras to a power source. But having the flexibility to mount it completely wireless is a huge plus. You can place them up in trees or wherever without having to run cables.
Why do you need a week of footage? I have the Logitech Circle 2's at my house and it's only like 48 hours or some shit free - but why would I ever need more? If an incident happens I can just download and save the clip...
Apr 1, 2007
110 posts
59 upvotes
Just wanted to share my experience - I also installed Arlo Pro 2 cameras because I liked the convenience of going completely wireless. But it hasn’t been very reliable since there’s been so much lag/delay and these cameras aren’t cheap either. Also my cameras are located inside the house pretty close to the base so I would’ve expected better performance. So I’ve been looking at changing to another system, and if a wired system is going to work better than I wouldn’t mind going back to wired from wireless.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
evanwier wrote: Why do you need a week of footage? I have the Logitech Circle 2's at my house and it's only like 48 hours or some shit free - but why would I ever need more? If an incident happens I can just download and save the clip...
It's definitely nice to have a bit more leeway than 1 day (Circle 2 provides 24 hours)….
sometimes you might not notice something happened until days after and need to review footage from a few days ago. In another case, I was actually on vacation and couldn't review my footage for a few days.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Dec 4, 2011
273 posts
108 upvotes
Gta
I would buy 1 camera if anyone does not need all 5 cams and would like to decrease their total cost. PM me, I"m in Markham/East GTA.
Jan 23, 2005
222 posts
62 upvotes
Surrey
Does this Arlo Pro 2 connect at 5G or is it 2.4? My 2.4 sucks in the house.

Thanks OP for the post.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
evanwier wrote: Why do you need a week of footage? I have the Logitech Circle 2's at my house and it's only like 48 hours or some shit free - but why would I ever need more? If an incident happens I can just download and save the clip...
Because you can't even go away for a weekend with 2 days worth of footage. If something happens to your house while your away the camera footage is gone and defeats the purpose of having the system. Unless you never leave your house or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
goozy1 wrote: Because you can't even go away for a weekend with 2 days worth of footage. If something happens to your house while your away the camera footage is gone and defeats the purpose of having the system. Unless you never leave your house or something.
I check when I am away. What's the point if I find out something was stolen when I get back 5 days later anyway. Criminals will be long gone and next to impossible to catch unless you got the perfect photo.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
evanwier wrote: I check when I am away. What's the point if I find out something was stolen when I get back 5 days later anyway. Criminals will be long gone and next to impossible to catch unless you got the perfect photo.
That's a little silly. Needing to check every other day to make a system work or worthwhile is definitely not ideal. It is obviously not for everybody when you only get 2 days.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
TheSheldor wrote: Well correct me if I'm wrong but US is only a 1-2 hour drive for many of us and a lot of people on RFD head down fairly often. On the other hand, Austrialia is on the other side of the world and the majority of us will never head there
Well, Cuba is also 3-4 hours away, got any deals for BestBuy in Cuba?

Point is, there are other forums where you can find way more US only deals. If we started  »pirating » each one of them, we wouldn’t be able to see any of the Red Flag stuff. We’d be flooded with sharpies from Staples and Easter décor from Target threads.

Mods should either create US-only sub forum. No ship to the RedFlag = no place in the main hot deals
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
djredhat wrote: Well, Cuba is also 3-4 hours away, got any deals for BestBuy in Cuba?

Point is, there are other forums where you can find way more US only deals. If we started  »pirating » each one of them, we wouldn’t be able to see any of the Red Flag stuff. We’d be flooded with sharpies from Staples and Easter décor from Target threads.

Mods should either create US-only sub forum. No ship to the RedFlag = no place in the main hot deals
Actually, depending on where you live, going to the US might only take a couple of minutes and we share the border. The Cuba example is a little reaching. I appreciate the US Deals for legit hot deals but I can understand and respect why others may not. However, if the Mods don't disallow it, it's fair game.
Mar 3, 2015
622 posts
1097 upvotes
King City
djredhat wrote: Well, Cuba is also 3-4 hours away, got any deals for BestBuy in Cuba?

Please tell me how you drive to Cuba in 3-4 hours.

Either way, you're clearly missing the point if you think that posting US deals is equivalent to posting austrailian or Cuban deals. Neither of those places are as accessible for the same magnitude of Canadians as the US is. Crossing the border takes at most a couple hours if not mere minutes for the majority of Canadians.

No need to be salty because the deal isn't relevant to you but plenty of people appreciate good US deals on here (no one is posting sharpies or Easter decor either).

But either way. There's no point in discussing this if you think going to Austrailia or Cuba is comparable to crossing the border