Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1269 posts
380 upvotes

[Costco] Costco Utility Trailer $899.97

I was at Costco in Kingston and they are clearing out the Marathon galvanized 5x7 utility trailer from $1,099.99 to $899.97 (or $200 off). Homedepot is selling the same trailer for $1,148.00, so this is definitely a hot deal! Not sure if this is just the Kingston store but it could be a clearance nation wide, so check for yourself. I have owned this trailer for a month and it is great! You will see the link from homedepot below, the only difference is the tailgate of the Costco trailer is foldable instead of straight up. Remember to click the thank you button if this is helpful.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... PartNumber

For more pictures and review of this trailer:
http://www.ridetherock.com/forums/showt ... hp?p=72588
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4423 posts
1196 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I recall seeing an awesome one at Costco a couple years ago for under $500 on clearance. I never bought it and regret the fact that I didn't. That was a steal. Oh well. Good deal I'd say, I just can't justify paying $400 more for my stupidity. Borrowing one when I need it shall continue for a while I guess.
Jan 28, 2007
604 posts
89 upvotes
The Home Depot in Brampton had it on sale last week for $948.00
They also had a smaller one for $698.00
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1576 posts
229 upvotes
Edmonton
So if HD's trailer is identical to Costco could'nt u get HD to match and beat by 10% making it $810......??

Frank
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1269 posts
380 upvotes
frankmp wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 4:55 am
So if HD's trailer is identical to Costco could'nt u get HD to match and beat by 10% making it $810......??

Frank

Not sure if HD will price match Costco specials (I know for a fact that our local Canadian Tire wouldn't) or if they did, whether they would give another 10% off.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2529 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa
frankmp wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 4:55 am

Frank

No they wouldn't, and why should they? You have to pay a membership fee to get the Costco price.
May 5, 2009
151 posts
12 upvotes
Super deal, I purchased one from Costco a couple years ago, it is used to haul a dirt bike. They are made in Guelph by;

http://www.stirlingpowerproducts.com/contact.html

Great support, accessories (spare tire, LED lights etc) easily accessible. There is a cheaper line from them popping up at Canadian Tire.

The Costco one has changed slightly from the above link.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1782 posts
249 upvotes
Vaughan costco has 1 on display at 899.97 price tag
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1269 posts
380 upvotes
BCguy2 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 10:25 am
Super deal, I purchased one from Costco a couple years ago, it is used to haul a dirt bike. They are made in Guelph by;

http://www.stirlingpowerproducts.com/contact.html

Great support, accessories (spare tire, LED lights etc) easily accessible. There is a cheaper line from them popping up at Canadian Tire.

The Costco one has changed slightly from the above link.

It is a great deal because I had been looking for a used trailer for a while and couldn't believe the asking price of $700 or $800 for a beat up trailer!
May 27, 2005
98 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP! Managed to pick one up this morning near me. :) I was actively looking for a trailer over the past couple weeks, so the timing for this was perfect!

I was planning on heading to Guelph in the next day or two to pick this model up as a scratch/dent from the factory, and for the same price too.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1576 posts
229 upvotes
Edmonton
dirtmover wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 8:01 am
No they wouldn't, and why should they? You have to pay a membership fee to get the Costco price.
Maybe not.....but would'nt hurt to try if someone was interested ;)

Frank
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10244 posts
3099 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
I prefer the SnowBear brand PowderCoated trailers they used to carry. I've had mine for about 10 years and it still looks like new.
May 27, 2005
98 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
Picked it up this evening after getting a new trailer plate during lunch and I'm very impressed by the build quality for the price! The shock absorbing suspension makes a huge difference, I couldn't believe how much quieter and smoother it was compared to my friends strongbox trailer.

I also popped by Home Depot to pick up a lock set for the coupler and receiver and checked out the trailers there. They are made by the same parent company, but are Marathon's. Similar features, but they seemed to have noticeably cheaper components and finish.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1269 posts
380 upvotes
Wiesel wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 8:45 pm
Picked it up this evening after getting a new trailer plate during lunch and I'm very impressed by the build quality for the price! The shock absorbing suspension makes a huge difference, I couldn't believe how much quieter and smoother it was compared to my friends strongbox trailer.

I also popped by Home Depot to pick up a lock set for the coupler and receiver and checked out the trailers there. They are made by the same parent company, but are Marathon's. Similar features, but they seemed to have noticeably cheaper components and finish.

I have the Homedepot trailer and I really couldn't see the difference. I don't know how to describe it but the galvanized steel makes this trailer look so sharp (as compared to the typical black color snowbear type trailer), I almost don't feel like getting it dirty, lol....enjoy your new trailer!
× < >