Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Vizio SB3651-E6 36-in. SmartCast 5.1 Sound Bar $199 (online)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 10:25 am
96 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
the sattelite speakers just need to be plugged into the power right? not into anything else?
Nevermind, i just realized they have to be plugged into the SUB. Does the SUB need line of sight to the sound bar or can i place it behind the couch?
Nov 17, 2017
307 posts
98 upvotes
Gta
They need to be plugged in to subwoofer.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
escalade wrote: the sattelite speakers just need to be plugged into the power right? not into anything else?
Nevermind, i just realized they have to be plugged into the SUB. Does the SUB need line of sight to the sound bar or can i place it behind the couch?
It's supposed to have line of sight, but mine is behind a couch and works just fine.

I bought this thing with very low expectations and the quality blew me away. Much better then my old more expensive sony 5.1 that I replaced to get rid of the cluster **** of speaker wire.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
iddqd85 wrote: It's supposed to have line of sight, but mine is behind a couch and works just fine.

I bought this thing with very low expectations and the quality blew me away. Much better then my old more expensive sony 5.1 that I replaced to get rid of the cluster **** of speaker wire.
so the sub and the soundbar are the only pieces that require being plugged into the power?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
escalade wrote: so the sub and the soundbar are the only pieces that require being plugged into the power?
Correct. Speakers plug in to the sub.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
escalade wrote: so the sub and the soundbar are the only pieces that require being plugged into the power?
That's right

two speakers are plugged to the sub. the sub is plugged into the power
soundbar is plugged into the power and TV by HDMI(IIRC) .

Also sub is behind the couch and have no issue with connectivity.

The quality is very good for the price.
Feb 24, 2018
87 posts
331 upvotes
Yeah quality is great. Huge difference to the regular TV speakers (Vizio E-80).

Buying my second for downstairs.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1243 posts
450 upvotes
I own this soundbar for over a year now, great bang for your buck. Supports casting and the Vizio app lets you control the bar with your phone.

The 2 rear speakers connect to the sub-woofer, the sub-woofer needs to plug into the outlet, that's all. No need to run the sub back to the main bar. It's wireless.

Supports HDMI-ARC, it turns on and off automatically with the TV.

It's very loud, max setting rumbles my semi-detached house my neighbour must definitely hear it.

Also have my vinyl record player plugged into the sound bar via AUX, works well.

Highly recommended!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Great budget soundbar but it has a lot of limitations if you plan on using this beyond watching TV.

No 4K passthrough, no Dolby Digital Plus support via HDMI-ARC, no DTS-HD MA/Dolby TrueHD/Atmos.

I upgraded my SB3651 to the SB36514 and the quality was night and day, although that's expected when it's 4-5x the price.

I'd strongly consider at least the SB36512, if you watch Netflix at the bare minimum, given their use of DD+. However, if you only watch 1080p, this is a good cheap setup, as you can passthrough for the DD+.
Last edited by DarkReaper on Oct 1st, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2399 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
Assuming no multiple HDMI inputs? I have an old Sony I bought for $299 that has three HDMI inputs from like 2014!

Like @iddqd85 mentioned, I want to replace a home theatre are containing shitload of wire with a system like this (don't even need the rear speakers, just require the bar and sub).

I'd pay another 200-300 for one with at least three HDMI inputs and 4K HDR passthrough, but it seems they are exponentially more expensive or rarely have both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Reviews are either really good on it, or really bad it seems, no middle ground. Most seem to be about audio sync issue.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
ChippewaBarr wrote: Assuming no multiple HDMI inputs? I have an old Sony I bought for $299 that has three HDMI inputs from like 2014!

Like @iddqd85 mentioned, I want to replace a home theatre are containing shitload of wire with a system like this (don't even need the rear speakers, just require the bar and sub).

I'd pay another 200-300 for one with at least three HDMI inputs and 4K HDR passthrough, but it seems they are exponentially more expensive or rarely have both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Only 1. If you want more inputs, look into a different brand completely, or consider a HDMI switch.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2399 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
DarkReaper wrote: Only 1. If you want more inputs, look into a different brand completely, or consider a HDMI switch.
Oh I am completely open to other brands, I'm just also trying to keep it as minimalist as possible (to avoid HDMI switchers...also switchers have 4K passthough now?). If you have any suggestions, please send them along lol.

Basically all I want is:
4K HDR passthrough
DDP, DTS, Atmos, etc...
At least 3 HDMI inputs
Sub

I don't even need Chromecast or any of that stuff, just the ESSENTIALS to play the damn content. Basically I want my damn receiver in soundbar format lol, like how hard is that?! Don't worry though, Sennheiser has me covered for the absolutely completely reasonable normal price of 2500USD. It just seems any worthwhile soundbars are either $200 or $2500, nothing in between.
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
be ware, maybe lemon.

I bought one last time it was on sale, it was very nice for the price, but when playing spotify/chromecast it kept dropping the subwoofer and rear satellites. the only way for it to play again was ti do connection test.

its a problem documented on reddit as well.

just bought a HT-CT800, much much happier (although more expensive).
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
sound quality vs pricing is a good deal. I listened to many higher priced brands but much preferred the sound quality of the Vizio. the cheaper price was a bonus. as mentioned by others... there is a hit and miss issue. with my first purchase the bar would turn on and provide sound but it wouldn't always turn on the sub. sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. I'd have to go and press the power button on the sub each time. I returned that unit and actually saved a few more bucks as it was on sale 20 or 25 less than when initially purchased the defective one. now that I'm in a larger house I'd debated purchasing another one for another room.
anyone know if they're the typical 20 cheaper in store vs online?
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Oh I am completely open to other brands, I'm just also trying to keep it as minimalist as possible (to avoid HDMI switchers...also switchers have 4K passthough now?). If you have any suggestions, please send them along lol.

Basically all I want is:
4K HDR passthrough
DDP, DTS, Atmos, etc...
At least 3 HDMI inputs
Sub

I don't even need Chromecast or any of that stuff, just the ESSENTIALS to play the damn content. Basically I want my damn receiver in soundbar format lol, like how hard is that?! Don't worry though, Sennheiser has me covered for the absolutely completely reasonable normal price of 2500USD. It just seems any worthwhile soundbars are either $200 or $2500, nothing in between.
Can't you plug everything into your TV and then connect the soundbar to TV using HDMI (ARC)?
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Have it for one year now, and no issue at all. Plugged in the tv via HDMI-ARC, never had synci ssues listening online music with it. If I stand correct, sub is sync with the bar via bluetooth, it can be hidden from the bar, but not too far from it. Satellite speakers uses proprietary connectors to the sub. Cannot interchange satellite speakers. Sound is awesome fo the price. Really recommend it if you are looking for a budget soundbar. And, at this price point, you will have hard time finding one with cast capabilities. I just say "ok, Google, play music on soundbar" and voilà!

Only downside: remote is pretty useless ... Display on the remote is barely readable. Set up the soundbar with the Vizio app via you tablet/phone it is easier.

Thumbs up for your find, OP!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2286 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
fatestkid wrote: Can't you plug everything into your TV and then connect the soundbar to TV using HDMI (ARC)?
You won't get DD+ and above with HDMI-ARC.
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
I bought this before but I was always just curious if the 90 day return policy applies to this or if you can return it whenever?