Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Warm? $497.99 Hisense 55" Q8 - 4K ULED

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 5:58 pm
Oct 28, 2012
288 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Warm? $497.99 Hisense 55" Q8 - 4K ULED

Was browsing for a budget TV and was debating in between the TCL and Hisense. I saw that the Hisense H8 and Q8 were at Costco for 547.99 and 597.99 respectively. Then I checked today and saw the Q8 dropped by another $100. This also makes the Costco warranty only 30$ for an extra three years.
Not sure if this is good or not though, I'll let RFD decide. (Maybe Warm)

Edit: Would love to know why I'm being downvoted. If this is a bad TV, let the users know why.
9 replies
Jul 20, 2016
346 posts
314 upvotes
Theres a lot of people in here who are miserable and dont respect others opinions. From everything Ive read all TCL and Hisense tvs are rock solid. Now some Sony and Samsung fanboys might disagree. You cant go wrong with any 4k tvs these days. They all need certain equipment to run things proper. Cant beat Costco for sure. Happy new year. That Samsung for $487.99 55 inch seems like a great deal also
Last edited by torontocanada1968 on Jan 1st, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1291 posts
423 upvotes
Calgary
How it compares to last week tcl 6 series 55" for $499
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18998 upvotes
torontocanada1968 wrote: Theres a lot of people in here who are miserable and dont respect others opinions. From everything Ive read all TCL and Hisense tvs are rock solid. Now some Sony and Samsung fanboys might disagree.
Nah that's doubful, well if they start looking into it seriously anyway.

I have almost exclusively bought Sony TVs for a lifetime (even my family did when I was a kid). I have three XBRs in the house right now (all top-end not just from when they started naming midrange TVs with "XBR"), and a total of six Sony TVs plus a 24" PS3DD...and yet I will still tell you the stuff that TCL and Hisense are putting out these days is nothing less than impressive. In the price range they are selling many of their models, Sony and Samsung have absolutely nothing to compete. The "low-end" Sony, Samsung have prices at or greater than many of these TVs and those low-end Sony/Samsung TVs are pretty mediocre having their price seriously inflated just for a brand name.

Now don't get me wrong, once you get to X900F/X950G and Q70R and above, those TVs are actually quite good, sure. But the prices are much higher for sets like that. The TVs below that in their lineups though? Even Samsung Q60R isn't that impressive, and they have a lot of sets below that (8000, 7100, 6900). Stuff like Sony X800G is a joke :rolleyes: LG? It's almost like they intentionally make all of their LCD sets suck because they want to sell more OLEDs, lol. These sets all pale in comparison to mid-range TCL, Hisense, and they cost more!

TV market has changed. If the alleged "Sony and Samsung fanboys" don't want to listen to any old TV buyer that's one thing, but as a longtime Sony buyer and owner trust me when I say Sonys under around $2k aren't worth buying when you have TCL and Hisense selling better for cheaper.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18998 upvotes
redevil69 wrote: Ordered one 55Q8809 this morning as I was about to order the other model 55H8809.
It's debatable whether the Q8809 is actually better than the H8809. TBH I think I'd rather have the H8F (H8809) due to the significantly higher number of dimming zones (56 v. something super lame like 10-12 on the Q8809).

There are no reviews on the Q8809 to know, either. But 12 (possibly 10) dimming zones sounds really crap. They advertise the Q8809 as "Quantum Dot" but I'm pretty sure all "ULED" TVs have some type of quantum dot implementation anyway.

I'm still quite iffy on buying a Q8809 (Walmart also had the same price on the seemingly same Q7809 just yesterday), while I think if the 55H8F were the same price I'd buy it right now, lol. This deal on the Q7809/Q8809 deal seems good but it's pretty much like you gotta be a guinea pig here and entertain a possible return.

Are these the same price (or cheaper?) in the stores? Are Costco [stores] even open today BTW?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
Reviews of this tv seem to be mixed... Was thinking of ordering the h8F but saw this hmmm...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18998 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: I'm still quite iffy on buying a Q8809 (Walmart also had the same price on the seemingly same Q7809 just yesterday), while I think if the 55H8F were the same price I'd buy it right now, lol. This deal on the Q7809/Q8809 deal seems good but it's pretty much like you gotta be a guinea pig here and entertain a possible return.
sneakerfan wrote: Reviews of this tv seem to be mixed... Was thinking of ordering the h8F but saw this hmmm...
Same dilemma here though I really wanted a 50H8F not 55 but they don't sell the 50" here outside of getting refurbs (which come from US I suppose). Anyway I probably shouldn't have but I bit the bullet here and bought the 55Q8809 just now, will basically be trying it and seeing how it is. Might end up returning if it's either too big or not too impressive. After tax, I spent about $200 more than I could have gotten a 50H8F from the US, not sure if it's worth it. Granted it will have a lot longer (and easier) warranty this way.

Also, shouldn't this thread just be merged with the other one?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)