Shopping Discussion

Costco Warrant/Returns - What exactly IS it these days?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2015 10:04 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18775 posts
5487 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …

Costco Warrant/Returns - What exactly IS it these days?

The official statement online lays out exclusions for electronics (which they enumerate some general categories) at 90 days, but then say "We ask that you return all other merchandise within 30 days with a Costco receipt and in the original packaging."

I thought that they cracked down the warranty/returns on the electronics but "everything else" was still pretty much a free for all (barring manager specifically disapproving of one due to account returns history, or returning something obviously not in good faith).

Is a vacuum cleaner "electronics", it certainly uses electricity. If a vacuum cleaner breaks in 2 years time, do you still stand a chance at getting that return and buying something else or is that the old costco and no longer applies?

And yes, I'll call them but I also wanted to start a discussion and to get people's real world recent return experiences for varying types of products.
1 reply
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13482 posts
2727 upvotes
Markham
If still has warranty you should contact the manufacturer.
If manufacturer gives you run around or not honoring their warranty. Then you contact Costco.
If out of warranty then is out of warranty.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro