Shopping Discussion

Costco water price increased by 15% - 25% as of Jan 2020

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 3:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
7655 posts
41777 upvotes
Ontario

Costco water price increased by 15% - 25% as of Jan 2020

Hello,

Did you realize that Costco increased their water bottle prices?

Nestle = 35 bottles
before = $4
Now = $4.60

Kirkland = 40 bottles
Before = $3
Now = $3.80

Image


Image
Costco West Lists

Costco 【West】 2020 Clearance items .97
If you have time, please do the RFD Survey. It only takes a minute. More sponsors for them. Link
54 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
3797 posts
1802 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
As long as the hot dog stays at 1.50 and a quarter for a cold bottle of water.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
13242 posts
24775 upvotes
Scarborough
b0ne wrote: As long as the hot dog stays at 1.50 and a quarter for a cold bottle of water.
The day they raise the price on the hot dog combo, we riot!
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11635 posts
8870 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
We don’t buy a lot of bottled water

But if we find we need some

It’s never been bought @ Costco

Regularly find Nestle Water at other Retailers for about half that price
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
12321 posts
6189 upvotes
Toronto
Good.

Small individual bottles should be banned anyway for the sake of the environment
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2014
873 posts
286 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
If the government actually cared about the environment they'd raise the prices really high on this. These things are horrible for the environment. The majority of people have no actual need for these other than laziness.
Member
Oct 27, 2017
483 posts
367 upvotes
Enviro fee and deposit? Lucky not here in Ontario. But how do you get the deposit back? Doubt many hold on to plastic bottles vs glass beer bottles to return.
Member
May 28, 2016
295 posts
96 upvotes
wtf? are we going to buy water from elsewhere from now on?
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2017
139 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
eelw11 wrote: Enviro fee and deposit? Lucky not here in Ontario. But how do you get the deposit back? Doubt many hold on to plastic bottles vs glass beer bottles to return.

In BC it's a 10 cent deposit plus a 3 cent enviro fee on plastic bottles now, you just take it to the return it depot. It's really easy with the express system, where you just drop off the bags then redeem for an e-transfer. Most people I know save all their refundable bottles/cans because it can add up to a lot over time. I probably get roughly $20-25 every few months.
I never drink bottled water tho, tap water is better and free.
Sr. Member
Feb 16, 2018
903 posts
851 upvotes
b0ne wrote: As long as the hot dog stays at 1.50 and a quarter for a cold bottle of water.
The kirkland hot dogs they sell in 14 packs which are the exact same they sell in the food court went from $13.99 to $16.99 so an increase might be coming soon
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2778 posts
2933 upvotes
Swerny wrote: Good.

Small individual bottles should be banned anyway for the sake of the environment
Telling people what should or shouldn't be banned is exactly why I still use a water bottle.

It's not what you use but how you use it. I reuse my water bottles (plastic). It's not about how something looks but what you actually do with it, which is how I often chastise those who try to chastise me. Unless you're using a water bottle out of glass or wood, your stupid plastic water bottle is no better or worse for the environment.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Newbie
Jan 25, 2016
75 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
HghSsociety wrote: The kirkland hot dogs they sell in 14 packs which are the exact same they sell in the food court went from $13.99 to $16.99 so an increase might be coming soon
I watched a documentary on Costco a few years back. They pride themselves on the hot dog/drink price. They treat it as a loss leader. Similar to what Wal Mart does with certain school supplies.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
12321 posts
6189 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: Telling people what should or shouldn't be banned is exactly why I still use a water bottle.

It's not what you use but how you use it. I reuse my water bottles (plastic). It's not about how something looks but what you actually do with it, which is how I often chastise those who try to chastise me. Unless you're using a water bottle out of glass or wood, your stupid plastic water bottle is no better or worse for the environment.
I use a reusable stainless steel bottle that i have been using for years.

That's better for everyone than these single use bottles that most people don't reuse
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2005
633 posts
130 upvotes
Bottled water is the biggest scam ever
Newbie
Nov 22, 2018
35 posts
35 upvotes
Good. Maybe bottle water price increases will make people think about filling their own water bottles.

Top