Hot Deals

[COSTCO WEST] BC,AB,SK,MB (DEC 4 - 10) (168 Pics)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 6:14 pm
Tags:
Mar 11, 2008
17 posts
3 upvotes
BC
compass wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:04 am
Heard some scales have memory function that will give you same results everytime. Maybe try several times with different weight on you.
Yeah, a Weight Watchers scale I tried was certainly guilty of that. You'd get on the scale once, get a reading, and then if you got on again with something that weighed a pound or two in your hand it'd just give you the same reading. It wouldn't have been a big deal if it only did that for weights in quick succession, but I found it was reusing readings even if I went days between weighing myself. The only way around it was to step on it with a 5 or 10 lb weight, get a reading, and then weigh myself without the weight. The difference was enough to trick into giving me an actual new measurement. Obviously that got old pretty quickly though, so back it went and I got a scale that actually weighs me every time.
Jun 21, 2005
274 posts
33 upvotes
I always appreciate the effort you put into these weekly posts, but it seems like Costco West specials are turning into Costco BC specials. More and more frequently items you list are not on sale in Edmonton, or not available. Pellegrino and Perrier are almost always on sale in BC, and go on sale infrequently in AB. They are both regular price this week. Raisin Bran is regular price. Irish Dubliner, the cork comfort mat and the Miss Vickies are not available. It's certainly not your fault, but it's getting frustrating.
Dec 2, 2014
137 posts
59 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Silverbullet wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:29 pm
I always appreciate the effort you put into these weekly posts, but it seems like Costco West specials are turning into Costco BC specials. More and more frequently items you list are not on sale in Edmonton, or not available. Pellegrino and Perrier are almost always on sale in BC, and go on sale infrequently in AB. They are both regular price this week. Raisin Bran is regular price. Irish Dubliner, the cork comfort mat and the Miss Vickies are not available. It's certainly not your fault, but it's getting frustrating.
yeah i noticed that too, im in Calgary, but its just due to store clearances which are YMMV, so I pretty much disregard any items that end in .97.

Pretty much the only deals available across all Costco's are the actual items on sale. So all the price tags without the sale price reduction are YMMW
Feb 10, 2007
916 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Silverbullet wrote:
Dubliner was on sale last week. Deals more often than not seem to hit AB first, relying on the BC thread doesnt work for us.
Feb 19, 2017
574 posts
220 upvotes
Silverbullet wrote:
Clearance is YMMV but the other items, i guess maybe its becoming more regional. For clearance items, sometime its on clearance @ one store and not the other (even in the same metro area) or even different prices.

One thing you could relay on is the online coupons. Could double check those too as a "confirmation" for some items (not all items are listed but if you see it listed in BC's coupons but not AB, then it probably isn't on sale).
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1597 posts
212 upvotes
Has anyone seen those takeya water bottles in edmonton recently?
Nov 18, 2014
307 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just came back from Costco in Calgary disappointed. A lot of the regular sale items (so not the clearance) weren't on sale here.... Seems that AB and BC no longer have the same items on sale except for what it's in the handouts.
Oct 28, 2015
300 posts
110 upvotes
rrabbit10 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 6:03 pm
Just came back from Costco in Calgary disappointed. A lot of the regular sale items (so not the clearance) weren't on sale here.... Seems that AB and BC no longer have the same items on sale except for what it's in the handouts.
Yup. I couldn’t find any of the stuff I went in for i.e. chocolates. The 18 pack of chocolate bars wasn’t on sale. Only Ferrero Rocher I could find at the Beacon Hills location were the 3 packs. Maybe I should have checked the last aisle, where they keep the seasonal chocolates.
Feb 17, 2004
237 posts
12 upvotes
Cynder wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:00 am
Pretty bland and spongy texture. Wouldn't buy them again.
I second that, chicken meatballs not very good at all - the Kirkland beef ones are a million times better.
Oct 4, 2008
557 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
None of theColeman 90W solar panels (1106521) for $99.97 at Calgary Deerfoot Meadows.
Any way to buy 2 or 3 and mail to me in Alberta? This is an incredibly good bargain...
Images
  • 39A61DFC-216C-4084-885F-FE925D86687D.jpeg