Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1733 posts
40 upvotes

[Costco] Costco Whalen TV Stand $238.99 @ weston & highway 7 location

Was in costco today and seen they dropped the price on the whalen tv stand to $238.99 at the store near the colossus theater. the store at downsview still sells it for 269.99.

for anyone else who's interested it looks almost like the one in bestbuy.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... tid=20263#

you can use this stand with or without the tv mount, or even mount the tv on the wall with the included mount. note you need a big tv 52" plus or it just doesn't look right.
53 replies
Sep 5, 2006
432 posts
25 upvotes
Thornhill
thanks OP.. Need one TV stand badly...

If anyone finds it for cheaper (one look similer to the op's link for BB) for like 46" lcd let me know..
Oct 29, 2007
93 posts
Brampton
I bought the one from Costco, the Chinese made is horrible. The instructions said to first put the top and bottom shelf to the back pole. That went alright and when it came to middle shelf it was horrible, there was a gap of about 2-3 inches and took quite a bit of force and struggling to put the screws on the 2nd shelf attaching it to the side wood supports. Ended up returning it to Costco, was a waste of time to try to assemble it. I looked at the one on display at Kennedy and Steeles in Brampton and clearly the screws were misaligned. Overall I recommend not getting thing, waste of time.
Banned
Jan 23, 2009
270 posts
Canada
rfdghost wrote:
Jan 31st, 2009 8:23 pm
Was in costco today and seen they dropped the price on the whalen tv stand to $238.99 at the store near the colossus theater. the store at downsview still sells it for 269.99.

for anyone else who's interested it looks almost like the one in bestbuy.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... tid=20263#

you can use this stand with or without the tv mount, or even mount the tv on the wall with the included mount. note you need a big tv 52" plus or it just doesn't look right.Image
Currently using a ghetto table for our 42" Plasma. Worth a look.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
71 upvotes
I bought one 2 weeks ago for $269.99. I'll go back for a refund.

Assembling this thing was easy but pretty time-consuming (most of the assembly involved the included allen key). I had a little problem with that middle shelf as well, but having two people greatly helped. I can't imagine anyone incaplable of fastening that one bolt that they had to drag the whole box back to Costco.

Overall, the quality of it is excellent. The good thing on this is the swivelling mount that you could use to horizontally rotate the TV to the direction you want. FS/BB sells a nearly identical stand for $499.99. BTW, if I remembered correctly, this is made in the US, not China.
Banned
Jan 1, 2009
230 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be needing one of these as well. I bought a new TV a few weeks ago and still haven't gotten around to a proper stand. Image
Jul 21, 2004
157 posts
11 upvotes
Agree,it took lots of efforts to install... not easy
david12 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2009 11:50 pm
there was a gap of about 2-3 inches and took quite a bit of force and struggling to put the screws on the 2nd shelf attaching it to the side wood supports. Ended up returning it to Costco, was a waste of time to try to assemble it..
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14299 posts
1059 upvotes
Scarborough
david12 wrote:
I bought the one from Costco, the Chinese made is horrible. The instructions said to first put the top and bottom shelf to the back pole. That went alright and when it came to middle shelf it was horrible, there was a gap of about 2-3 inches and took quite a bit of force and struggling to put the screws on the 2nd shelf attaching it to the side wood supports. Ended up returning it to Costco, was a waste of time to try to assemble it. I looked at the one on display at Kennedy and Steeles in Brampton and clearly the screws were misaligned. Overall I recommend not getting thing, waste of time.
Aren't they all made in china?
Oct 16, 2007
246 posts
15 upvotes
Barrie
david12 wrote:
:confused: I had no problems at all putting it together I have a 52 Sammy on it I Love it Rock Solid :cheesygri
Feb 12, 2002
604 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this stand when the CDN$ was stronger so the price was around $219. Even at $269, I would not hesitate to buy it again. Installation took some time but this stand is better than anything at this price range.
Nov 30, 2005
596 posts
17 upvotes
Nowhere
I bought a similar one at Costco last year

http://www.whalenfurniture.com/products/xls52-8vs.html

and it did take a while to put together but i am very happy with the quality, it's very heavy and solidly built and looks great. With the TV mounted on the arm there is lots of room for all your components on the 3 shelves below it.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3712 posts
162 upvotes
Markham
good deal on a great stand, got a similar stand by Whalen from Sam's Club (it was $229 I believe), it was time consuming to assemble for me but that was because I put some of the shelves flipped the other way :o but when I got that fixed t was easy and quick :D
This is the one I got:
Sep 25, 2005
431 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
I know it says up to 60", anyone have any idea if it would work with the 65" Sharp Aquos from Boxing day?
× < >