Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 14, 2002
291 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Work 56v leaf blower - Orillia location

Saw this at the Orillia Costco location. Currently going for $300+ at Lowes and about $199 USD at various US online sites.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
6 replies
Mar 12, 2016
764 posts
154 upvotes
I think this is pretty hot. The battery + charger worth $200 already. Has anyone found it at Brossard store?
Feb 8, 2017
35 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal
malcom1666 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 10:57 pm
I think this is pretty hot. The battery + charger worth $200 already. Has anyone found it at Brossard store?
its at st-hubert
Mar 20, 2013
382 posts
212 upvotes
Winnipeg
Has anyone used a battery powered leaf blower before?

How does the power compare to a gas powered blower?

I've used electric blowers before and using a cord was pretty bad, but I also found that they were underpowered compared to gas.
Apr 18, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
I have used all three type of blowers: Gas, Battery, electric cord. Battery is good for you don't have a very long power cord. Gas too much noise.
May 10, 2016
56 posts
46 upvotes
CheapWinnipeger wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:27 pm
Has anyone used a battery powered leaf blower before?

How does the power compare to a gas powered blower?
They're getting pretty good now. Landscaping professionals would still probably laugh at them, but I have the Milwaukee M18 FUEL blower and it's great for clearing the drive way, steps, and small yard. Just got it this summer so I haven't fully tested it on wet fall leaves though. Mine's 18V so this 56V should have noticeably more power.

Good for a homeowner who isn't expecting tons of power and wants a low maintenance tool. Not good for pros or people with big yards.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6829 posts
998 upvotes
They still are underpowered compared to gas unless you go with a backpack style blower than you will get a bit closer contest in power and slightly longer duration but still far from gas.
CheapWinnipeger wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:27 pm
I've used electric blowers before and using a cord was pretty bad, but I also found that they were underpowered compared to gas.
The comparison video shows the Work one only lasted 6 mins on high setting and doesn't even look as powerful compared to EGO and others.

The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: