Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

World best stud finder 29.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 6:09 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2016
1006 posts
1243 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: i have it in my post.
Where? I really don't see thethe costco link in anyone's post.

Can someone please post
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1071 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
stevenanto wrote: If you guys hang tight it will drop down to 14.97 and even 9.97

I remember pulling the trigger last year at 15$
better to buy and get a price adjustment in my experience. and if it doesnt drop just return.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1071 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Searchin4deals wrote: Where? I really don't see thethe costco link in anyone's post.

Can someone please post
its in store only.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Kuroharo wrote: I've been waiting to buy this on sale and finally found it at costco. I bought mine from Costco retail store today on production way(Burnaby). They have a bunch of other tools on clearance so make sure to check them out.
I see that this is your first post, so please let me help you with this before you get flamed (well, you already got flamed but it's my fault, I am ate on this thread!)

First, you should put YMMV in the title, so people can already see that it may be not available at all Costco's
2nd, it would help if you post a pic of the product, or a link to the product's page on Costco.ca or whatever web page to see what it is about. World's greatest stud finder does not tells much on what it is about, except that it is a stud finder... what features? etc.
3rd, it would be interesting to add original price, if possible , just to know how much we are saving
4th, to edit post click on "edit post" at the bottom of your post and from there you can edit title, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6222 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
it's the best, but only because the other ones in the price range are crap. it still isn't perfect for most situations.
Mar 19, 2006
146 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
fakishan wrote: it's the best, but only because the other ones in the price range are crap. it still isn't perfect for most situations.
I have the yellow one and it has worked in every situation way better than the traditional ones which beeps. Are you in the construction industry? Maybe the needs are different there, but this is perfect for hanging pictures, cabinets, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this at Costco at this price a few weeks ago... Thought it was regular price...
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
I'll be honest I'm not interested in the deal rather the replies I as hoping to see....Lol (look no further, I'm right here/)
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Oct 15, 2009
63 posts
Burlington
Got the Franklin one as a gift. Was on sale from Canadian tire for around $50.

Hasn't disappointed me yet. Works on ceilings and walls. I got the one with the level it in as well... not a deal breaker but nice to have.

Also worked on a popcorn ceiling which surprised me...
I recommend it to others as my other stud finders no longer get used.

Only thing it doesn't have which would be nice would be electrical wire sensor..
Jan 21, 2017
27 posts
60 upvotes
I have the Franklin and it works great.

Using an earth magnet like someone else suggested also works if you are only using it to locate a stud.

But I use mine to find cavities in walls to mount electrical junction boxes. The Franklin stud finder can locate horizontal wood blocking that can be difficult to locate using magnets to locate drywall screws. Easier to get a picture of what you are dealing with before breaking into an existing wall.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Drthorne wrote: It works on ceilings with 1/2" drywall and knocked down texture. Canadian Tire has a yellow version if you want some reviews
https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... quantity=1
This is the one I bought, went on sale for $40, had a gift card so pulled the trigger...
PercyJones wrote: better to buy and get a price adjustment in my experience. and if it doesnt drop just return.
Only problem, if they have no more stock, will not price adjust, they must have one in stock still to honour lower price.
warmwolfy wrote: I have the yellow one and it has worked in every situation way better than the traditional ones which beeps. Are you in the construction industry? Maybe the needs are different there, but this is perfect for hanging pictures, cabinets, etc.
Mine has worked well also, and I like that it lights up the whole width of the stud instead of having to go one side, then the other, then halfway back to find dead center. And it finds the studs much easier and more accurately than the standard type.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Mine has worked well also, and I like that it lights up the whole width of the stud instead of having to go one side, then the other, then halfway back to find dead center. And it finds the studs much easier and more accurately than the standard type.
I have this (paid $40 to Costco a year ago) and a zircon. I agree that it's much easier to use. However, there a fair bit of space between the LEDs, thus I found the Zircon more accurate.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: I have this (paid $40 to Costco a year ago) and a zircon. I agree that it's much easier to use. However, there a fair bit of space between the LEDs, thus I found the Zircon more accurate.
Oh, mine is dead on (CT one). I think 3 or 4 LED's light up, total width, just under 2". We have plaster, so some of my regular studfinders are finicky, have to go really slow and hope it picks it up, even my adjustable depth one.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Oh, mine is dead on (CT one). I think 3 or 4 LED's light up, total width, just under 2". We have plaster, so some of my regular studfinders are finicky, have to go really slow and hope it picks it up, even my adjustable depth one.
The CT one has the same LED spacing as the Costco's. I found that I can move side way a 2mm and the LED doesn't change, because they are still the closest to edge. With Zircon, even with 1mm, you can see the signal go down.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
May 7, 2007
521 posts
203 upvotes
Peterborough
Im looking for one which works on older thick plaster walls. I have a zircon which is great for drywall, both 1/2" and 5/8 but doesn't work on the solid plaster walls
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks op. I've been looking for a new stud finder. The last time I tried to use my cheap Stanley stud finder it annoyed the hell out of me. It it couldn't find any studs and kept telling me there were wires in every single spot I tried in my wall. I ended up giving to and using a makeshift stud finder it of a magnet. I'll give this one a shot since it seems to have really good reviews on Amazon and Costco return policy
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
Used this particular stud finder to mount TV. Although it did the job I wouldn't recommend. Maybe for $29 but I still think there's much better ones for the price or pay a little more.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3086 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
So what is the model/name of the product? I'm actually looking for one as my cheap Zircon no longer works.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)