Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

YMMV: Charging Essentials 2 X smart switches $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 1:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal

[Costco] YMMV: Charging Essentials 2 X smart switches $39.99

Spotted @ Costco St-Hubert Charging Essentials brand name smart dimmer switch pack of 2 for $39.99 (regular price). Compatible with Amazon Alexa, and Google Home. I don't think that you need a bridge, just configure it with your wifi through your smart device via the Charging Essentials app. Have not bought it already, waiting for some reviews before… I should have bought it because with Costco platinum return policy there is no problems… ;)

I know thay also have Charging Essential Wi Fi smart plugs plugs, see http://forums.redflagdeals.com/charging ... 9-2214317/
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Off topic: to the one who downvoted I would have like to know why the downvote… "other" is not a good reason to me… did you tried this switch? Had any issues with it?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I didn't downvote you but Repost, OP

These have been $39.99 for over a month now with a pretty popular thread here in rfd already created by a user back then.

Link: charging-essentials-wi-fi-smart-plug-x- ... 9-2214317/

For a second there I thought you meant 2 packs for $39.99... Now that would have been HOTTTT
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
blackston3 wrote: I didn't downvote you but Repost, OP

These have been $39.99 for over a month now with a pretty popular thread here in rfd already created by a user back then.

Link: charging-essentials-wi-fi-smart-plug-x- ... 9-2214317/

For a second there I thought you meant 2 packs for $39.99... Now that would have been HOTTTT
I knew about the "wifi smart plugs" that's why I linked this thread in post #1... this thread is about he smart light dimmer switch… wich is obviously not the same thing. I saw this for the first time at Costco today, search for a thread about the smart dimmers, didn'tt found any

About the downvote, I don't really care, just want to know if this is a bad product or what else. A lot of people use downvote for the wrong purpose

That said, thanks anyways for not "downvoting" ;)

MODS, if you want you can merge this thread to the other one if you think it would be usefull
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DoorCrasher wrote: I knew about the "wifi smart plugs" that's why I linked this thread in post #1... this thread is about he smart light dimmer switch… wich is obviously not the same thing. I saw this for the first time at Costco today, search for a thread about the smart dimmers, didn'tt found any
Yeah, the thread conversation about the dimmers are also in that thread. The original poster also mentioned it in the first post at the time.

Hope it worked out for you. I literally returned my unopened dimmer back to Costco last weekend because as I came to install it, I found out my apartment was too old and only has the hot and load wires.

No neutral wire in the light box which is needed for smart switches. Was sooooo disappointed Loudly Crying Face

Will have to wait for a set of z-wave switches + hub to go on sale sometime
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
these switches have been posted separately at least once before and the mods keep merging them, i don't know why, i think these deserve their own post.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1348 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
DoorCrasher wrote: I knew about the "wifi smart plugs" that's why I linked this thread in post #1... this thread is about he smart light dimmer switch… wich is obviously not the same thing. I saw this for the first time at Costco today, search for a thread about the smart dimmers, didn'tt found any

About the downvote, I don't really care, just want to know if this is a bad product or what else. A lot of people use downvote for the wrong purpose

That said, thanks anyways for not "downvoting" ;)

MODS, if you want you can merge this thread to the other one if you think it would be usefull
It says dimmer switch right in the title man
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
grayhal wrote: It says dimmer switch right in the title man
absolutely right… made a search and this didn't pop out lol was already aware of the plug thread
Jun 2, 2009
78 posts
11 upvotes
so i was thinking of installing smart dimmer switches but opened up a light switch to see if i had neutral and found out something else i wasn't expecting. I have no ground wire. From what i read online it might be safer to re-wire the exact same way but will the dimmers work without ground? Also do the dimmers include neutral or without neutral?
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
red76deal wrote: so i was thinking of installing smart dimmer switches but opened up a light switch to see if i had neutral and found out something else i wasn't expecting. I have no ground wire. From what i read online it might be safer to re-wire the exact same way but will the dimmers work without ground? Also do the dimmers include neutral or without neutral?
almost all smart switches require that neutral, but I haven't read anything about ground, are you sure there is no ground connected to the metal box of that switch?

BTW, all Ontario stops have the switch for 31.99 with energy saving coupons.
Jun 2, 2009
78 posts
11 upvotes
keshan wrote: almost all smart switches require that neutral, but I haven't read anything about ground, are you sure there is no ground connected to the metal box of that switch?

BTW, all Ontario stops have the switch for 31.99 with energy saving coupons.
i'm sure i opened more than one switch. did some research and they were "optional" for a long time so i guess whoever built this house in the 70s got lazy
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
For those that installed the dimmer switches, how are they?

Deciding if I should go with them or pay a bit more for Lutrons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)