Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

YMMV - Package Mistake? 2x Oral-B Pro 2000 but 2x 3000 series in box

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2018 10:34 am
Jun 30, 2015
74 posts
124 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think this package was usually $79.99 when on sale in Costco store...
Mar 18, 2011
95 posts
112 upvotes
Ajax
“It's not rocket science though. Just some plastic bristles and a vibrating motor.”

Funny, that’s what I thought about coffee brewing machines. Just a siphon that heats water through a filter full of coffee. Five years and ten machines later and they still can’t get it right .
Jan 16, 2013
149 posts
90 upvotes
North York
Has anyone in the GTA Toronto been able to get this?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
“ 3 modes instead of 2 and bluetooth “ so what’s the difference? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Rick roll your partner with custom vibrational patterns.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
andr3w282 wrote: May have stumbled onto a packaging mistake.

Was in the market for an electric toothbrush. Settled on the Oral-B Pro 2000 from Costco which comes with 2 units for 119.99.

Link here: https://www.costco.ca/Oral-B-Pro-2000-E ... 71915.html

Found online, but went to store to purchase. Box packaging says Oral-B Pro 2000 but got home and opened it up it's the 3000 unit (3767 specifically on the brush) which is a higher up model (3 modes instead of 2 and bluetooth). Price was 119.99 on receipt. The 3000 series goes for $100 for one on amazon.ca ( https://www.amazon.ca/Rechargeable-Toot ... ral+b+3000 )

This might be a big YMMV and potentially in store only, no idea.

Purchased in Ottawa Barrhaven

I just checked mine as well.. its the 3767 and i bought it last year, i think all costco brushes are 3767. What is the blutooth functionality of the toothbrush?!?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
porksoda wrote: I just checked mine as well.. its the 3767 and i bought it last year, i think all costco brushes are 3767. What is the blutooth functionality of the toothbrush?!?
I just tracks your brushing in the Oral B app.

It's a pretty awful app imo. I was using the 7000 and the app annoyed me so much that I just stopped using it entirely.(I also stopped using the toothbrush....but that's just because I got a stupid good deal on a diamond clean and the bump up in quality is pretty noticeable)
Mar 17, 2017
220 posts
86 upvotes
rpage93 wrote: Has anyone in the GTA Toronto been able to get this?
Yup. Just picked a pack today at Mississauga South (Laird road).

The top packs had all the ones with the bluetooth while the bottom packs had the old one without the Bluetooth.
You can easily check thru the see-through pack window. Quite a few still available.
Nov 10, 2009
50 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Canadiansinner wrote: Can confirm that the box is the 2000 series. But the brushes inside is actually 3000 series with the manual and everything. What a steal!
Interesting, they come with lithium ion batteries now. I still use the older version that went on sale for $80 for a two pack that used NIMH. The Oral-B design makes it easier to change the battery on your own when theirs die. With the NIMH model you can swap it out for a AA rechargeable (takes me about an hour). Last time I tried with a philips it used some weird size and was more difficult to access. Now that they are Li-ion I don't think changing batteries makes as much sense if the cells are hard to come by.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2274 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
UrbanNomad1 wrote: Yup. Just picked a pack today at Mississauga South (Laird road).

The top packs had all the ones with the bluetooth while the bottom packs had the old one without the Bluetooth.
You can easily check thru the see-through pack window. Quite a few still available.
Not sure I understand, Is the non-bluetooth the one that is the series 3000 inside?
Mar 17, 2017
220 posts
86 upvotes
Riddick wrote: Not sure I understand, Is the non-bluetooth the one that is the series 3000 inside?
Bluetooth = 3000
No Bluetooth = 2000
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1476 posts
601 upvotes
recon9 wrote: Interesting, they come with lithium ion batteries now. I still use the older version that went on sale for $80 for a two pack that used NIMH. The Oral-B design makes it easier to change the battery on your own when theirs die. With the NIMH model you can swap it out for a AA rechargeable (takes me about an hour). Last time I tried with a philips it used some weird size and was more difficult to access. Now that they are Li-ion I don't think changing batteries makes as much sense if the cells are hard to come by.
Does the regular size AA fit or had to be modified? There are sites that sell 3rd party batteries for Oral B but I am wary of them not holding a charge.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
From what I understand is that sonicare is better you, especially if you have a habit of brushing too hard and or have sensitive teeth. I have oral B 2000 and wanted to make the switch to DiamondClean but the sale never came during the holidays.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Nov 10, 2009
50 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Meridian wrote: Does the regular size AA fit or had to be modified? There are sites that sell 3rd party batteries for Oral B but I am wary of them not holding a charge.
It needed to be modified slightly to fit the AA. There are a couple of plastic ridges that need to be shaved down so the length of the AA fits. Diameter was fine. I don't quite understand why they didn't include a AA from the factory since it does fit. Are they really saving that much money by using a 4/5 AA or whatever it was?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1476 posts
601 upvotes
recon9 wrote: It needed to be modified slightly to fit the AA. There are a couple of plastic ridges that need to be shaved down so the length of the AA fits. Diameter was fine. I don't quite understand why they didn't include a AA from the factory since it does fit. Are they really saving that much money by using a 4/5 AA or whatever it was?
Does the AA charge using the regular Oral B cradle and last just as long as EOM battery? I have 3 units out of commission due to dead battery.
Sep 26, 2006
877 posts
253 upvotes
North York
Confirmed seeing the 3000 in 2000 packaging at the Scarborough Costco.
Nov 10, 2009
50 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Meridian wrote: Does the AA charge using the regular Oral B cradle and last just as long as EOM battery? I have 3 units out of commission due to dead battery.
This is applicable to handles that came with a NIMH battery to begin with. Yes, it charges using the regular cradle. I would say it lasts longer than the original battery because you are putting in a larger battery than the OEM version. Mine right now lasts about a week between charges with a cheap Eveready rechargeable AA.

The handle is no longer as pretty as it once was. It may have larger gaps that I fill with silicon to make it water tight again. But it does give the handle another year or more of life. There is four solder connections on the circuit board that need to be undone to get the battery out, and then redone to put it back together.

I tried using an Eneloop once and it didn't work but that could have been my lack of solder skills.
Feb 20, 2008
14 posts
In case anyone was wondering about online orders... I tried my luck with an online order (in Toronto), hoping to get the 3000s in the 2000s packaging. Without opening the box, it doesn't appear that I got lucky from what I can see through the packaging window. If its a 3000, I assume you should be able to see the Bluetooth symbols on the front of the handles but they aren't there. Looks like I'll be sending them back.
Dec 27, 2003
49 posts
19 upvotes
I just picked up a set in Abbotsford, BC. They had a ton of them. You can see the Bluetooth symbol on the front of the handles through the packaging.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5600 posts
2548 upvotes
Kitchener
Canadiansinner wrote: Can confirm that the box is the 2000 series. But the brushes inside is actually 3000 series with the manual and everything. What a steal!
The brushes I bought last year with the same box has 2 modes and is type 3756 with Ni-MH battery. Ni-Ion should be a huge upgrade.
Last edited by Thundercloud on Mar 14th, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space is intentionally left blank.